I called a plumber!!!!!

eelgrass

Long Time Member
So our kitchen sink started draining kinda slow. I knew the trap was getting plugged. I put it off for a couple weeks 'cause I knew what would happen.

Yep, I took it apart, cleaned it out, put it back together, and had 3 leaks! It's a double sink with a garbage disposal and a dishwasher.

I took it apart again, went to the supply store and bought new seals, put it back together again and had 4 leaks. JFP!!!

I put a bucket under it and called a plumber. He took it apart, threw it all away and started over with new everything. Took him about an hour. Charged me $98.45. Best money I ever spent.

God bless plumbers!

Eel

>The main question, is the WIFE
>happy now??
>
>Brian
>http://i25.tinypic.com/fxbjgy.jpg[/IMG]

HAHAHA!!!!! Good one Brian. She didn't say it but I know she was thinking "I should have married a plumber,"

Eel

Just pull you pants down a bit so your butt crack show's and give her the illusion your a plumber.

"Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway."

Sounds like your Plumber did you right Steve. I typically charge $70/hr or for a service call and the parts he installed probably cost him $10-15. or so. You weren't overcharged.

I like it when a client has a big problem when i get there and is very happy to pay me only $100. or so when i leave. I just don't have enough clients, especially year around!

Joey

"It's all about knowing what your firearms practical limitations are and combining that with your own personal limitations!"

So Eel?

How much Cursing did you do?:D

The Calls I like is when their Wife Calls & Says:You'd Best Hurry,He's Worked on it for 3 Days & it's leaking worse than ever,Hurry or there's gonna be a Die-Vorce!

The Dew I had for Breakfast wasn't Bad so I had one more for Dessert!:D

One more thing Eel!

You must not be just down the Street from sage where He engages in Trade work?:D:D:D

The Dew I had for Breakfast wasn't Bad so I had one more for Dessert!:D

In my family, the wife is a better plumber then I am. Must of been all those years working in a hardware store that she did. Married a farmer's daughter and ended up with a first rate plumber.

RELH

nmbighorn said, "Where I live plumbers charge 125.00hr just to show up!"

We have one guy in the area that charges over $100. The rest vary between my $70 and about $85. When an apprentice and still learning, there was only two contractors here for a busy boom area. Now the whole area is very slow and there are 8-10 different licensed guys out there hustling for the little work to be had.

I do have one service call to do today. Pretty good for this time of year.

Timing! I just don't seem to ever get the best of it! :)

Joey

"It's all about knowing what your firearms practical limitations are and combining that with your own personal limitations!"

Well Bobcat, the only cursing I did was when I got home from the supply store and discovered the guy sold me the wrong part. I handed the old plastic ring (seal) to him and he handed me the new ones. When I got home I discovered they were the wrong size. When I went back he asked me if I needed help. I said "NO. That's why I'm back because you helped me the first time." I found the right ones myself.

I talked to the plumber about on demand hot water. He pretty well talked me out of it. Not really the energy savings they first believed, I guess.

Eel

sageadvise do you need work i can get you more than you can handle.i am serious i would need 2 plumbers at least . would also want elactricion also . been waiting 2 months for plumber.electrician can't even think about them they are so busy.
its crazy around here. need new water heater in rental new pipe in rental new toilet in another shower installed in rental.
thats just a start.

NDMuley, sent PM!

Joey

Good thing my plumber stays around to BS with me. I would've had a ruined kitchen one day when we first moved into our new house if he hadn't stayed around for a bit to BS about all of you jerks. LOL Water started erupting from under my sink and since he was a plumber he was quick on the draw and got it stopped in a hurry and fixed the problem.

He doesn't like it when he's trying to get out of town on a hunt and I call him with another problem though. That does not make him too happy. But, he still finds time.

And he takes bacon as payment. LOL I don't love looking at that crack though.... ;-)

>Good thing my plumber stays around
>to BS with me. I
>would've had a ruined kitchen
>one day when we first
>moved into our new house
>if he hadn't stayed around
>for a bit to BS
>about all of you jerks.
> LOL Water started
>erupting from under my sink
>and since he was a
>plumber he was quick on