>of tags for the area
>dropping and amount of NR
>tags going up..."
>
>You might think about the
>process just a bit; resident
>leftovers are added to the
>NR side.

Yep, as the only time resident tags go down is if a game population goes down due to a bad winter like 2016-2017, disease etc. and then the NR tags go down too. The OP could have hunted the unit that he's bitching about simply by putting it down as his third choice in the draw. Then there would have been one less tag moved to the NR side that he's complaining about because he didn't get a chance at the tag when he actually had it before the NRs did..

LAST EDITED ON Jun-27-17 AT 11:46AM (MST)[p]I have Antelope on the brain; those res tags go to the nr side. Elk tags don't.

Topgun you are wrong with your "facts" so often about Wyoming it is almost tiring trying to correct you. For one there are a lot of other reasons that tags get cut other than a winter like we just had.... I know now you will say that isn't really what I ment just like you do every time you through out your facts that are not facts at all.

Second thing is the op on THIS thread did not ##### at all about not drawing an antelope tag that could have been easily drawn by putting in for it.

LAST EDITED ON Jun-27-17 AT 03:03PM (MST)[p]>Topgun you are wrong with your
>"facts" so often about Wyoming
>it is almost tiring trying
>to correct you. For
>one there are a lot
>of other reasons that tags
>get cut other than a
>winter like we just had....
> I know now you
>will say that isn't really
>what I ment just like
>you do every time you
>through out your facts that
>are not facts at all.
>
>
>Second thing is the op on
>THIS thread did not #####
>at all about not drawing
>an antelope tag that could
>have been easily drawn by
>putting in for it.

Go jump in the ocean, as your reading comprehension sucks and you can't just cherry pick what you want to make your posts! I didn't just say winter kill was involved. It also mentions disease, etc. so that covers the gamut. You better get some major help before you attack this gripe of yours regarding trying to drop the NRs from getting the leftover resident tags like we do now because you're making a fool of yourself on these threads! Here is that FULL sentence you cherry picked:

"Yep, as the only time resident tags go down is if a game population goes down due to a bad winter like 2016-2017, disease etc. and then the NR tags go down too."

PS: The OP I was referring to was Bou who started the other thread with that gripe. Sorry I didn't "splain" things more so you could follow along better, LOL!

Top I understand you are old and I also understand with age sometimes comes memory loss. Sorry if this is your case. If this is the case I will put this here for you. Not once in this post or the other did I ever mention having a problem with the way that the leftover tags are given out. To the contrary I actually stated I tend to think the way they are given out seems to be a good way of doing things. Maybe some minor changes could make it better but good for now. It is all in black and white on the other post you bring up so go ahead and look it up.

The reason THIS post was started is because of you and a someone else trying to proclaim that if Wyoming ever dared to cut non resident tags our tags would go up to rediculas amounts. Ha I would say 10x's but that would be me cherry picking your words which you don't like so I won't go there.

This post was started to show there are a lot of ways to cut non resident tags and still have our tags at a very reasonable price for residents as I feel is what it proved without a doubt. Maybe you don't feel that way and think we would be paying rediculas crazy amounts if we ever do make that cut still...

I guess the person that is making a fool of himself depends on who is doing the typing at the time. I am sure if there ever were to be a Michigan topic you would be even more of an expert there but it would be hard to believe

You, in your convoluted mind, may think that you have proved that your tags won't go up much even though NR tags would go from 20% of the total to 10%. However, you're not a math expert and as mentioned more than a couple times on this and the other thread that got all this started, there are many other ways that Wyoming makes money off the NRs than the license fees themselves that you aren't even considering. I'll leave it at that because we're getting nowhere in this debate that is getting contentious with each post and I don't care to get into a pissing match when there is no reason to. I'll stick with my math that if you cut our tags to 10% for deer and antelope from the present 20% there will be a tremendous loss to the overall Wyoming economy, as well as to the G&F budget itself. Wyoming residents have so many opportunities to buy so many cheap tags that it is mind boggling that they keep coming up with stuff to cut the NRs that are funding such a huge part of the fees. It's right there on that link provided in this thread and yet you and several others say you won't have to pay a lot more if you lose 50% of the deer and antelope NR hunters. That is pure BS because just the simple math that was posted on this thread by a couple NRs shows how many million dollars the NRs pay on PP fees, Conservation Stamps, and application fees that would have to be made up by residents that you aren't even taking into account in order to win the debate. I'm done, but will be back to Wyoming again this fall for two months and I guarantee I'll easily spend ten times the money you do during that time as you, a resident, do. Farewell and have fun trying to get that cut for NRs to 10% because it won't happen any time soon based on the uproar just on the small amount of money that deep sixed the 90/10 split for sheep and goats a couple years ago before it even got out of committee. The Legislature dropped that like a hot potato and the amount of money was chicken feed compared to what a 90/10 split for deer and antelope would be!

Good hell it must be the off season. Everyone is cooped up and a little cranky.

Let's all do something to put us in a better mood. Like go scouting. Maybe fishing. Or get laid.

haha dryboot...
way to much snow up high still, although I did get out with my son in his prime antelope area yesterday.

my boat hasn't been on the lake all summer and that does have me pretty ticked off...

AND it's that time of the month in my house, soooo strike three there for me!

HAHA I think you hit the nail on the head! haha

>Good hell it must be the
>off season. Everyone
>is cooped up and a
>little cranky.
>
>Let's all do something to put
>us in a better mood.
> Like go scouting.
>Maybe fishing. Or get laid.
>

Best post on either thread Briant, LOL!

I'm eaten a bologna sandwich and a garlic dill pickle.
Think I might fry some fish tommorow....
What y'all having for supper tonight?

>I'm eaten a bologna sandwich and
>a garlic dill pickle.
>Think I might fry some fish
>tommorow....
>What y'all having for supper tonight?
>

Maybe someone needs to change the subject?
A.....?

As a young man, I was inspired by Mike Eastman's hokey old videos. I purchased points for well over a decade, hoping to have a great buck hunt somewhere down the road when I had more time. Then, in the mix of getting work done, I missed the application deadline--twice--and lost all my points. Needless to say, I won't risk getting "the finger" again. If the question is making money, one might think Wyoming would reconsider this policy--it costs them nothing to allow more non-residents into their draw.

>LAST EDITED ON Jun-25-17
>AT 02:28?PM (MST)

>
>I don't think a lot of
>you realize the economic impacts
>nonres have on local economies.
> It seems like this
>has been ignored in most
>of the posts above.
>Colorado hasn't ignored this and
>local communities have their arms
>open wide to welcome nonres
>hunters and fisherman.
>
>Here's a couple links that may
>catch your attention....especially if you
>are a Wyo resident that
>owns a business:
>
>https://cpw.state.co.us/Documents/About/Reports/08DOWEconomicImpactReport.pdf
>
>http://www.coloradoan.com/story/news/local/2014/10/11/big-game-hunting-big-money-colorado/17116425/
>
>http://www.denverpost.com/2013/03/2...ting-boycott-produce-fear-of-economic-losses/
>
>
^^^^^^
AMEN!!!!

This wins "Whiny and Bitchy thread of the year" especially for residents of a State that provides incredible hunting opportunities to residents.

>This wins "Whiny and Bitchy thread
>of the year" especially for
>residents of a State that
>provides incredible hunting opportunities to
>residents.

+1

Guess we see why some of these guys hide their profile huh.

Hate to see people get so worked up over something like this.

>Guess we see why some of
>these guys hide their profile
>huh.
>
>Hate to see people get so
>worked up over something like
>this.

Yep; I really don't like to even engage with those that are too cs to put their name where their mouth is, but sometimes I can't help myself, LOL!

LAST EDITED ON Jun-29-17 AT 01:50PM (MST)[p]>This wins "Whiny and Bitchy thread
>of the year" especially for
>residents of a State that
>provides incredible hunting opportunities to
>residents.

+2

And also has 48% of the total land as federal public land for the residents to hunt...

LAST EDITED ON Jun-29-17 AT 04:48PM (MST)[p]>LAST EDITED ON Jun-29-17
>AT 01:50?PM (MST)

>
>>This wins "Whiny and Bitchy thread
>>of the year" especially for
>>residents of a State that
>>provides incredible hunting opportunities to
>>residents.
>
>
>+2
>
>And also has 48% of the
>total land as federal public
>land for the residents to
>hunt...

This ^^^ is not correct. Get your facts straight. Ever hear of Google?

LAST EDITED ON Jun-29-17 AT 08:09PM (MST)[p]>LAST EDITED ON Jun-29-17
>AT 04:48?PM (MST)

>
>>LAST EDITED ON Jun-29-17
>>AT 01:50?PM (MST)

>>
>>>This wins "Whiny and Bitchy thread
>>>of the year" especially for
>>>residents of a State that
>>>provides incredible hunting opportunities to
>>>residents.
>>
>>
>>+2
>>
>>And also has 48% of the
>>total land as federal public
>>land for the residents to
>>hunt...
>
>This ^^^ is not correct. Get
>your facts straight. Ever hear
>of Google?

I guess your WY Game and Fish had incorrect info then? Here it is:

https://wgfd.wyo.gov/Public-Access/Access-Summary/

48% federal public land and another 5% state land.

Oh here's another one from google:

https://ballotpedia.org/Federal_land_ownership_by_state

62 million acres total and 30 million of that federal land. Equals 48%

And another:

http://www.ourpubliclands.org/public-lands-report-wy

"Nearly 50% is public land"

>And also has 48% of the
>total land as federal public
>land for the residents to
>hunt...

I'm sorry, but this figure is not correct. Unless of course we can start hunting Yellowstone and most of Grand Teton National Parks.

>
>>hunt...
>
>I'm sorry, but this figure is
>not correct. Unless of course
>we can start hunting Yellowstone
>and most of Grand Teton
>National Parks.
I think everyone will have a place to hunt but if Yellowstone Blows looks like everyone will be evacuating instead of hunting.

Like all the other states I apply with in and draw ~~ I am happy to get a tag and enjoy my hunts.

I play the cards dealt to me by all the states on tag splits and go from there.

Robb

>
>>hunt...
>
>I'm sorry, but this figure is
>not correct. Unless of course
>we can start hunting Yellowstone
>and most of Grand Teton
>National Parks.

The two parks combined are less than 2.5 million acres. This is only about 8% of the total federal public land in WY. Still leaves you almost 28 million acres or over 45% of all the land in WY as federal land that residents can hunt. I'm off by 3% percent but my point is still valid.

>>
>>>And also has 48% of the
>>>total land as federal public
>>>land for the residents to
>>>hunt...
>>
>>I'm sorry, but this figure is
>>not correct. Unless of course
>>we can start hunting Yellowstone
>>and most of Grand Teton
>>National Parks.
>
>
>The two parks combined are less
>than 2.5 million acres. This
>is only about 8% of
>the total federal public land
>in WY. Still leaves you
>almost 28 million acres or
>over 45% of all the
>land in WY as federal
>land that residents can hunt.
>I'm off by 3% percent
>but my point is still
>valid.

More like 4%, but who cares, right? And your point; it's the "Whiny bit**y" comment you liked that really takes the day, not the fact your numbers are wrong or what your point is. If you ask me, it's the pot calling kettle black. Who's is really doing all the crying? Crying because you may someday lose some percentage of licenses.

Yes, Wyoming residents have great hunting opportunities. It's the reason why most of us make our home here. You could take a lesson from the many on this forum that appreciate what residents do for all sportsman who hunt in Wyoming. I get PM's from them, they are appreciative of the opportunity they are provided, in part, by residents who are involved. They don't take offense to residents who want to be treated like every other state(states where many of you live) treats their own residents.

>>>
>>>>And also has 48% of the
>>>>total land as federal public
>>>>land for the residents to
>>>>hunt...
>>>
>>>I'm sorry, but this figure is
>>>not correct. Unless of course
>>>we can start hunting Yellowstone
>>>and most of Grand Teton
>>>National Parks.
>>
>>
>>The two parks combined are less
>>than 2.5 million acres. This
>>is only about 8% of
>>the total federal public land
>>in WY. Still leaves you
>>almost 28 million acres or
>>over 45% of all the
>>land in WY as federal
>>land that residents can hunt.
>>I'm off by 3% percent
>>but my point is still
>>valid.
>
>More like 4%, but who cares,
>right? And your point; it's
>the "Whiny bit**y" comment you
>liked that really takes the
>day, not the fact your
>numbers are wrong or what
>your point is. If you
>ask me, it's the pot
>calling kettle black. Who's is
>really doing all the crying?
>Crying because you may someday
>lose some percentage of licenses.
>
>
>Yes, Wyoming residents have great hunting
>opportunities. It's the reason why
>most of us make our
>home here. You could take
>a lesson from the many
>on this forum that appreciate
>what residents do for all
>sportsman who hunt in Wyoming.
>I get PM's from them,
>they are appreciative of the
>opportunity they are provided, in
>part, by residents who are
>involved. They don't take offense
>to residents who want to
>be treated like every other
>state(states where many of you
>live) treats their own residents.
>

JM - I know from being on this forum for many years you are one of the good guys - I dont know exactly your involvement with WY wildlife but I get the impression its pretty significant. I'm not ignorant of the fact that you, Buzz H., and some others help protect opportunities for sportsmen (both resident and non residents). I dont need a lesson as I already know you guys do alot. I appreciate it and hope you continue your efforts.

And sorry you missed my point. This thread is long enough so I'll just drop it at this point.

>the "Whiny bit**y" comment you
>liked that really takes the
>day, not the fact your
>numbers are wrong or what
>your point is. If you
>ask me, it's the pot
>calling kettle black. Who's is
>really doing all the crying?
>Crying because you may someday
>lose some percentage of licenses.
>
>
>Yes, Wyoming residents have great hunting
>opportunities. It's the reason why
>most of us make our
>home here. You could take
>a lesson from the many
>on this forum that appreciate
>what residents do for all
>sportsman who hunt in Wyoming.
>I get PM's from them,
>they are appreciative of the
>opportunity they are provided, in
>part, by residents who are
>involved. They don't take offense
>to residents who want to
>be treated like every other
>state(states where many of you
>live) treats their own residents.
>
Very well said, Thank you!

[font face="verdana" color="green"]
Jake Swensen

I'm glad this thread was started!! It has now started a fire under my !?& to do more for residents. Tuesday, I spoke with an individual from the casper office of Gnf and received great information on what direction we as residents need to go. I will now, along with a few friends, be attending meetings and sending emails. And when the need arises, we will go to Cheyenne to speak to those who need spoken too. The first order of business? Changing the NR elk draw. I challenge all residents to join together to make this a priorority. Once we win that battle we will be that much stronger to tackle the biggest issue of all. Thanks to those who motivated me to start doing more! Signed whiney and bitchy resident.

GVH- glad to see you wanting to get more involved. Currently the drawings are once again under G&F review and with recent problems associated with the early drawing, there is hope that will be the first big change coming.

We'll keep in touch.

Jeff

LAST EDITED ON Jun-30-17 AT 02:32PM (MST)[p]The G&F should change the draw date for NRs since the way I understand it they are violating their own statute that they should be waiting until late Spring just like they do for the deer and antelope before putting out any draw information and quotas. I, as a NR, fully support that change. However, I'll be on the opposite side again if and when anything comes up to try and change the split to 90/10 for antelope, or deer.

>I'm glad this thread was started!!
>It has now started a
>fire under my !?& to
>do more for residents. Tuesday,
>I spoke with an individual
>from the casper office of
>Gnf and received great information
>on what direction we as
>residents need to go. I
>will now, along with a
>few friends, be attending meetings
>and sending emails. And when
>the need arises, we will
>go to Cheyenne to speak
>to those who need spoken
>too. The first order of
>business? Changing the NR elk
>draw. I challenge all residents
>to join together to make
>this a priorority. Once we
>win that battle we will
>be that much stronger to
>tackle the biggest issue of
>all. Thanks to those who
>motivated me to start doing
>more! Signed whiney and bitchy
>resident.
What kind of change are you looking for?

Interesting thread to say the least. As a resident I hear how residents apply for tags. So if you are really bothered by all this there are things you can do now by understanding how the process works. No need to get all fired up over things.

When I ask people "where did you apply", they will pipe out their three choices. When they do all three areas they spit out have historically sold out to first choice applications. So if this bugs you make your second or third choice one of the areas that has left over tags after the first choice applicants are drawn. The information is all on-line so do some homework. Your second and third choice doesn't do any good if those areas sold it to first choice applicants. If all residents did that, the swing wouldn't be what it is.

The G&F has tried telling people this for years, but people keep putting all prime areas for all three choices.

Now if you want to make changes there are other issues impacting both residents and non-residents when it comes to premium limited quota areas. Look at landowner tags. Non residents with deep pockets pay big bucks for land in these areas just so they get tags every year. These are areas with less than 3% draw odds. Push for something that limits how often you can get a landowner tag or at a minimum only allow a landowner tags if they open up the property for access. Or set something up that they get two tickets in the hat instead of one to increase their odds. I don't want to start a landowner bashing so I will throw this out to keep in mind. I know several resident landowners that qualify for tags, but only take cow tags for their landowner tags and put in the random draw for the hard to get bull tags just because they feel that is right thing to do. Not saying all do, but there are really community oriented landowners out there.

Good post DF because IMHO just the draw example you mentioned is one gripe I always here and if they would put in for some easier to draw tags like you stated that are still in great areas they would take care of a big part of their problem.

Deerlove, you bet. I have always spoken up about the law. One of the dumbest on the books here in wyoming. Makes no sense, but hey some continue to support the outfitters here.

And for the record I know how to play the draws. I got my 3rd choice antelope like the last 4 or so years. As most know the 2nd and 3rd choices are mostly private and make it tough. The 1st choice is the issue.

The other thing to keep in mind...for deer and elk, most residents are fine with buying a general tag if they don't draw a limited quota area. For antelope most residents, at least from my side of the state (which all antelope tags go to the first choice people) aren't willing to drive that far to hunt antelope in areas that have extra tags. So it's not that people are stupid about applying, they really just aren't that worried about it.

I would be interested to hear what people from the eastern side of the state say about how people apply for their tags on the second and third pick. As residents, we really do have control of how many tags go to us and how many go to non-residents.

LAST EDITED ON Jun-30-17 AT 07:23PM (MST)[p]Deerfanatic wrote:
Now if you want to make changes there are other issues impacting both residents and non-residents when it comes to premium limited quota areas. Look at landowner tags. Non residents with deep pockets pay big bucks for land in these areas just so they get tags every year. These are areas with less than 3% draw odds. Push for something that limits how often you can get a landowner tag or at a minimum only allow a landowner tags if they open up the property for access. Or set something up that they get two tickets in the hat instead of one to increase their odds. I don't want to start a landowner bashing so I will throw this out to keep in mind. I know several resident landowners that qualify for tags, but only take cow tags for their landowner tags and put in the random draw for the hard to get bull tags just because they feel that is right thing to do. Not saying all do, but there are really community oriented landowners out there.

there are not landowner tags for sell in Wyoming.

>^^^^true

No not true. They are not transferable to anyone but a veteran.

A landowner applies for the tag just like anyone else. The landowner's lineal family, their spouses and the landowner's siblings are eligible. They are allowed two per species. The landowner drawing is held first. After it is drawn, what I wrote above applies to transferring.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom