javelina in Texas???

grouseslayer

Has anyone here hunted javelina with in a hour or so from Arlington,tx? I am headed there November 6 and was thinking of trying to find one while I was there. I looked and could not find any info, is there a tag or do you just buy your license?

LAST EDITED ON Jul-30-11 AT 11:28AM (MST)[p]I've shot a few in the brush country of south Texas, but I don't know how far their range is to the north. If you can find somewhere up in that area that has them you will need a Nonresident 5 Day Special Hunting License (Item Code 157) for $48. There is no closed season on them in the southern 50 counties and in the northern 43 counties there is a season from 10/1-2/26. Down where I hunted you were able to kill two a year in most counties and there is no tag for them.

I'd be surprised if you can find javelina within an hour or so from Arlington.

Thanks for the info so far I am just trying to see if its a possibility since I will be there and there is a season open.

Dang I am going to watch the Cowboys play seattle on the 6th of november I guess that will have to do for the trip. I have wanted to shoot one for a while and saw there was a season so I was hoping there would be some close by as a little bonus for the trip.

There may be some on a high fence ranch near there you will have to check in to it - but there shouldn't be any that range free there. There are tons of feral pigs though and are just as fun. You are going to have to find a ranch to hunt on near there anyway - it won't really matter what you are hunting, all the land is private anyway.

UTROY
Proverbs 21:19 (why I hunt!)

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom