JUNE ANTLER GROWTH

YukonDall

Long Time Member
JUNE ANTLER GROWTH

ANY OF YOU ARIZONA FELLAS HAVE PICS OF ELK ANTLER GROWTH, JUST LIKE TO SEE HOW THEIR DOING. HAVE SEEN SOME JUNE GROWTH IN OTHER STATES......ITS IMPRESSIVE.......THANKS..........YD.

RE: JUNE ANTLER GROWTH

I haven't seen any bulls, but I can tell you it is very dry in most of northern az. My son has a tag in 10 and if its anything like flagstaff it's not good. Hopefully we will get some rain soon. Yukon where is your tag for?

UNIT 9 ARCHERY BULL........I KNOW WE NEED RAIN ALTHOUGH WATER IS BEING TRUCKED INTO UNIT 9 FOR DRINKING. BUT THE FORAGE NEEDS THE H2O..........THANKS..........YD.

your guide should have 1,000s of pics by now of all the biggest bulls if you hired one. your tag is worth a lot more than the 14 days allocated to punch your tag. it's all the anticipation of watching the bulls grow from nubs to giants.

Saw a couple bulls at work the last few days. Just north of unit 1 in some dry juniper country. Looked pretty good on their fronts. Got some decent rain in some areas today and a chance for more tomorrow so maybe we'll get some grass to help finish those tops off.

Here are few from last week and a couple of weeks ago.

gradsANDELK106_zps33157f9c.jpg.html

gradsANDELK109_zps191150bc.jpg.html

gradsANDELK125_zpsca7f5020.jpg.html

gradsANDELK122_zps02ccd2c6.jpg.html

Sundaydriveelk034_zps1b2ef43c.jpg.html

Sundaydriveelk017_zps1b1d08a7.jpg.html

Sundaydriveelk039_zpsf85aaa8b.jpg.html

Sundaydriveelk036_zps88f96463.jpg.html

FRED......THANKS FOR THE VELVET BULL PICS. LOOKS LIKE THERE GROWING WELL, LACK OF RAIN IN SOME AREAS CONCERNS ME A BIT THOUGH. WHAT AREAS ARE THESE BULLS IN ??? PM ME IF YOU LIKE, THANKS FOR YOUR TIME....................YD.

Yd its units 1 and 3b. My brother and good friend have archery unit 1 tags, my step dad has early 3b muzzleloader and I have 3b north muzzleloader from oct 4 to 17th. The grass is still pretty green up high and if monsoons start on normal lets say next weekend antler growth should be "normal" I do not think antler growth will be as good as last year in unit 1. The Forest Service overseeded with wheat to help limit erosion last year and I do not believe they did that this year so bulls should be growing normally. Last year it looked like they were on HGH. Time will tell.

Fred

Spent a day in GMU 10 over the weekend. Dry as a bone, an old sun-bleached bone, in the country I was in. One dirt tank had water. Saw one group of antelope eith a modest buck. Only elk was a deformed bull on the Haulapai Res. The country is dry and yellow with brittle grass. Folks with tags better hunt up some water and fan out from there to find a bull.

pics from the last week of june. i have a full thread on coueswhitetail.com under the elk forum

johnny

IMG_5034_zps46d96d76.jpg

IMG_7011_zps63d9b084.jpg

IMG_7008_zps78ac691f.jpg

IMG_5024_zpse4fa9e8b.jpg

IMG_5015_zps895e5e97.jpg

Arizona Hunting Guides & Outfitters

SilverGrand Outfitters

Offering mule deer, elk, antelope, bighorn sheep, javelina, and turkey hunts in Nevada and Arizona.

Arizona Elk Outfitters

Offering the serious hunter a chance to hunt trophy animals in the great Southwest.

A3 Trophy Hunts

An Arizona Outfitter specializing in the harvest of World Class big game of all species.

Arizona Strip Guides

Highly experienced and highly dedicated team of hardworking professional Arizona Strip mule deer guides.

Urge 2 Hunt

THE premier hunts in Arizona for trophy elk, mule deer, couse deer and javelina.

Shadow Valley Outfitters

AZ Strip and Kaibab mule deer, big bulls during the rut, spot-n-stalk pronghorn and coues deer hunts.

Back
Top Bottom