KAIBAB REPORT

drophorn

Just got back from the north Kaibab the weather was a cool 54 with some rain every night.
The bucks are looking great this year, saw a lot of 4*4 and some threes about twenty bucks in all {nice velvet} the hunt should be good this year for all the Guys and Gals that did not get drawn for an Arizona Tag. :-]

proably next to the people playing there stereo... not much faith in the crowds , sorry.when are they going to make archery a drawing ? not that I'm for all that. but "anybody shows up for that hunt" kinda ruins it . if you know what I mean... good luck though.

have you hunted the kaibab a lot?...i was lucky enough to get 12aw tag for late october but i've never been to this unit...i heard the crowds were ridiculus during archey season so i've pretty much avoided the unit all together...if you could provide some good areas to try and or avoid it would be greatly appreciated...i plan to do some scouting next month and i'm to buy a topo map of the unit for starters.

watch out for the quads! I here they cut their own trails their!
take a camera! and show us!
rm

I archery hunted there ,not anymore... I had guys that would come up from behind me and then run out in front of me and then start walking...@#$*&^holes. or the teenagers that drove around board after the first hour blairing the stereo,that you could hear 500yds away. They really need to make that a drawing area.I hear that rilfe is alittle more civil, but not much around the crowds. If the weather hits go to where oaks meet the timber.if not go to the bottom of the canyons(walk away from people) north of the center this is what I've been told by friends that hunt there when they get drawn. the bucks are there ,you see them in the winter! just get away from the people... good luck

LAST EDITED ON Aug-01-05 AT 03:23PM (MST)[p]jakstr you are right about the crowds, but you have to be willing to go that exta mile to get away from the people!!!! I hunt up there every year and realy don't have the proublems that your talking about. The late hunt is a very good hunt I have seen some realy good bucks come out of that area. If they get the weather up high, it will push the deer down into there winter range. GOOD LUCK TO ALL THAT GOT DRAWN ON THE KAIBAB!!!!!

You guys bite your tongues with all that "make it a draw area" stuff. If they make that a draw area the rest of the state will go that way too. The archery hunt is the only hunt I can count on a tag for every year. There are plenty of other places in AZ to hunt great deer other than the Kiabab. You just have to work a little harder.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom