Kemmerer/Cokville questions

elkliver

Anyone on here familiar with the Kemmerer/cokeville are that i could bounce some questions off you? Not so much a "where to hunt/" as "can i access from this road?" type questions

I've pretty well pinned down some hunt areas and now just have some other questions

I'm no expert but we have spent the last couple seasons cow elk hunting in the area. PM me if you want.

DZ

There arent many roads I've ever come across in that area that were not open. All roads go somewhere, and in that area you don't have to go far to find public BLM or FS. Most valley floors are private pastrues or fields with the roads being public.

Thanks DZ, i'll get a PM out with some specific questions

some basic ones are.... Is there a cooler available in Kimmmer to hang an elk in if needed?

Showers for a midweek trip to town?

Don't think there is any meat lockers in that whole area. I hunted Lope north of Kemmerer but actually west of LaBarge and I had to take my Lope down to Green River to this place.
R&B Meats
515 E. 2nd North St.
307-875-2556

There is now a "new" Game Processor up in Pinedale.
Neal Nelson
307-231-1596
He works at a local butcher shop in town but has his place set up at the NOBLE FLYING U RANCH. It is 11 mi n/o Pinedale and turn at the CORA Post Office on Rd. 352 (Noble Road) and drive to the end.

There is one over in Afton too. Just need to decide how far you want to drive to get game to locker/butcher. 2 years ago we were hunting Lopes west of Daniels and back then NO MEAT PLACE AT ALL so had to drive to Jackson Hole on 2 different days not counting the drive back to Pinedale where we were staying. Pinedale to JH is almost 100 miles one way.
Kemmerer to Green River is also a good hour drive one way.

Brian
http://i44.tinypic.com/es7x8z.jpg[/IMG]

From Kemmerer, Evanston would be the closest. From Cokeville, likewise Evanston. The one in Star Valley is in Thayne, about a 15 minute drive north of Afton. Montpelier, Idaho might have something, but I don't know for sure. I don't hang antelope to age as it seems to make the meat a bit mushy, but have found that you can bone them and keep them on ice several for days with no ill effect (keep the water drained off).

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom