spcheuvront

Hunters;

How did the deer hunt go?

Any harvested bucks ?

A young lady I know, sent me a picture of a nice 4 point,
she was tickled to death, of course.

Way too shy to post it however, sorry.

Steve

Steve, I was up just for the weekend helping in Duwane Adams camp. www.arizonabiggamehunting.com we passed on a few bucks friday, nothing huge. Saturday we saw a group of 5 bucks early in the morning and by the time we set up to shoot, the fog rolled in and we lost the bucks. Saturday mid day we got on another group of bucks that had one good one in it. We were making a move to get a shot and another hunter a ridge over shot, spooking the bucks. Saturday night 1 client shot a nice 175" buck with 4" kickers off each side. Duwane has 8 clients in camp and everyone was seeing bucks. Its only a matter of time before they tag out....... Thanks, Allen Taylor......

It rained for about 7 days straight up till I got there thursday night. It rained on/off friday with a little snow mixed in. Temps are around 35-40. Saturday was foggy and cold but no rain........... Thanks, Allen Taylor......

398012aw.jpg

This was brought into my Taxidermist! (Rick Lopez) Double Buck Taxidermy! 28inch wide! 12AW

I know there is more photos out there so lets see them!!!! Lets not try pulling teeth here!!

Rainy, windy, and muddy pretty much sums up the first few days in 12B west. Tried, tried, and tried for a week and came home with nothing. Didn't see the number of deer that others have claimed to see in years past. Maybe the mild fall weather and 2 weeks earlier hunt dates hurt us. I'd be interested to see what others that have hunted that unit before and went this year have to say.

I think the ealier hunt this year had alot to do with it. Alot of those Utah deer are just now moving in.. I have a late hunt in there this year. It should be awesome with that early hunt structure they did this year..This will be my 8th year in a row (first tag for me) in there. You should have been seeing over a 100 deer a day..

>Rainy, windy, and muddy pretty much
>sums up the first few
>days in 12B west.
>Tried, tried, and tried for
>a week and came home
>with nothing. Didn't see
>the number of deer that
>others have claimed to see
>in years past. Maybe
>the mild fall weather and
>2 weeks earlier hunt
>dates hurt us. I'd
>be interested to see what
>others that have hunted that
>unit before and went this
>year have to say.

Spent 8 days trying to find a shooter. I saw two that I would have shot, but didn't work out. There are still thousands of deer on top and it seems the majority of the bigger bucks are in the thickest parts of the new burn at the highest elevations. Lot's of deer in the areas that are being logged on top.

The feed in the burn is incredible, even after that cold snap it is very green and lush. Why would a buck move down to juniper country when he can eat like a king on top.

for those who can't turn thier heads sideways, it helps to see better. Nice Buck.
4941398012aw.jpg

Brian
http://i25.tinypic.com/fxbjgy.jpg[/IMG]

Brian,

Was that Buck killed by a guy that wanted a European Mount? If so, that is my dad's! My father, cousin and I all drew the tag this year and we scored three deer. Mine was a 26" 3X3, dad's was a 29" (by our measurement) 4X3, and my cousin got a 22" 3X4. Dad thought you measured his deer at 30", but whatever the width that was definitely a deer of a lifetime for him.

Arizona Hunting Guides & Outfitters

SilverGrand Outfitters

Offering mule deer, elk, antelope, bighorn sheep, javelina, and turkey hunts in Nevada and Arizona.

Arizona Elk Outfitters

Offering the serious hunter a chance to hunt trophy animals in the great Southwest.

A3 Trophy Hunts

An Arizona Outfitter specializing in the harvest of World Class big game of all species.

Arizona Strip Guides

Highly experienced and highly dedicated team of hardworking professional Arizona Strip mule deer guides.

Urge 2 Hunt

THE premier hunts in Arizona for trophy elk, mule deer, couse deer and javelina.

Shadow Valley Outfitters

AZ Strip and Kaibab mule deer, big bulls during the rut, spot-n-stalk pronghorn and coues deer hunts.

Back
Top Bottom