LATE SEASON COW HUNT ON SATURDAY!!

2pointer

I have a late season cow tag in Cache Valley. From Green Canyon to the Idaho boarder on the east side. I have not seen many elk there this year. Does anyone feel like sharing a little info.

Thanks

2pointer

2pointer you drew a hard tag there are elk there but you need to hike to find them. i had the tag 6 years ago and ate tag soup. if it goes to the idaho border pm me with some details i can give you some spots to hit. how long does your hunt go til.

bbh

This is a great tag. I had it a couple of years ago also. There was more snow and the elk were down very low. My hunt goes until the end of January, but I want to go get one while the weather is warm.

I will pm you bigbullhunter.

2pointer

Hit up apollosmith. He nailed a big bull over there this year. He should be able to give you some pointers. If not, Richmond is a good place to watch.

Ding, ding - here I am. Yeah, we killed two nice bulls in this area in the last week and a half. Sending you a PM now.

Thank you for the info apollosmith. I saw your posts on here when you got your big bull. Congrats!!

I will do some glassing in the spots you told me and I will keep you all posted.

Thanks,

2pointer

I don't want to hi-jack the post, but I'm also looking for a big fat cow to take home to momma. I have to hunt the idaho side though, any advice?

I have the A tag. I didn't connect on the bow hunt and found out I can use this tag for the rifle cow which is now over, and now we move onto a muzzy cow hunt. I've been looking up cub river, beaver creek, franklin basin, swan flat, etc....seen some, made some stalks, no luck yet. Poor buggers get hunted hard. Saw some elk today south east of the franklin basin turnoff, but that doesn't do me any good, other than it looks like they are still hanging high.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom