Leaving for CO in a few weeks.

E

ElkSlayer76

Brother and I drew 3rd season buck tags in 22. Never hunted mule deer before this should be exciting.
We are from southwest WA. All we ever do is still hunt the thick crap for blacktails and Elk.
Might buy OTC elk tag also, but we haven't made up our minds on that. My son and i have late season rifle cow tags here in WA, so not to worried about elk. I would really like to find a nice symmetrical 4 point. I am not looking for a 30 inch 4 point, although i would drop one if i found one.

Good luck with the hunt. Hopefully the weather cooperates for you. I live close by the unit and with the weather turning cold, if we get some snow it will really help your hunt. You should not have many problems finding a symetrical 4 point. just dont shoot the first buck you see.

LAST EDITED ON Oct-09-12 AT 09:13AM (MST)[p]where are you planning on hunting? the southern part of the unit is much better.

>LAST EDITED ON Oct-09-12
>AT 09:13?AM (MST)

>
>where are you planning on hunting?
> the southern part of
>the unit is much better.
>

How so? While the deer start in the south they tend to migrate north? Also most of the south end of the unit is either Solid Private or scattered private public mix that gets difficult to determine where you can and can not hunt due to poor marking. I just want to know why you believe south is better?

I have not spent a considerable amount of time out there, but what I have seen is that the deer start migrating and are out of the southern part of the unit by the time second season starts. this last year hunting sheds I did not find them on the northern part of the unit as much as I normally do. Just like everywhere else they were scattered all the way from the summer range to winter range.
Good luck with your hunts, if you need some additional help PM me.

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom