Lion kill?? muley buck

guywildstorm

Here is the buck I found right before x-mas 2003. I am guessing lion kill, he was just hide and bones and the coyotes had been on it so was hard to tell for sure. My brother scored it and came up with a rough 195 gross.
127346.JPG

127352.JPG

127353.JPG

very very nice! no question, that's a shooter.

you sure do find alot of lion kills. i would bet that 90% of the winterkills i find were wounded during the hunting season and couldn't survive the post-rut and wintery weather that followed.

LAST EDITED ON Apr-01-04 AT 08:09AM (MST)[p]If the spine bones that run down from the verbrate are broke off on both side it could be a lion kill, because that is where they break the neck for the kill,The bones are the ones that kinda hang down are a little flat and about a 1" long, don't know the name of them but I'm sure alot of the other guys do.

That is one nice buck. Sure would of been nice to see him during hunting season.

damn guy,
im in the same state as you , almost the same place and you find tons of lion kills, not me. sounds like a bullet serves as a lion kill. its funny how all your lion kills are big bucks. not small.

Lionhound
If you lion hunters would get off the 6 wheeler you might find some of these too!! LOL Finding a few, still looking.
Guy

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom