Luminocs Effect on Flight

Does anyone have personal experience on how Luminocs effect the consistency of arrow flight? The extra weight at the back of the arrow is never desirable, but I am filming my hunt and thought it would help identify shot placement before the stalk. Any thoughts?

I am only shooting a Hoyt PowerHawk but i have notice that past about 30 yrds i have to aim 5 yrds farther. So if i am shooting at 50 I aim for 55.

Don't pass on the first day if you would shoot it the last day

>I am only shooting a Hoyt
>PowerHawk but i have notice
>that past about 30 yrds
>i have to aim 5
>yrds farther. So if i
>am shooting at 50 I
>aim for 55.
>
>Don't pass on the first day
>if you would shoot it
>the last day

ThunderImpulse4, sent you a PM.

That ain't a camel toe, that's a moose knuckle!

I have found that the additional weight added to the back from the luminocks will stiffen your arrow spine and make your FOC smaller.

Stiffer spine doesn't make alot of difference in flight, it will effect how your arrow tunes to your bow, so changes would be necessary.

FOC will make a big difference with Broadheads, I have found that an FOC over 12% with broadheads seem to fly better.

I added the same weight to the front of my arrow that the luminock adds in the back so that my FOC will be the same or really close to what the arrow was before adding the weight.
It flew good but the weight of the arrow is significantly heavier which in turn slowed the arrow down by 10 FPS.

If you don't mind a slower, heavier arrow and retuning and resighting in your bow then you can get them to fly just fine

In my opinion you will have to make adjustments to your setup

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom