Meat Pole/Best way to evaluate a hunt/outfitter/camp

flyingbrass

Best way to evaluate a hunt/outfitter/camp that I can think of!
I'd like to share something that I've discovered in my years of hunting. If you want to get a good idea of what kind of deer camp/outfitter/guide that you wil be hunting with it all boils down to one thing. Ask for them to send you a picture of the meat pole. It's really that simple. No meat pole means they ain't planning on killing much. If they won't send you a pic of the meat pole, run far away. Now if they tell you they got a winch on the headache rack of their truck and they take it straight to the local butcher that is an acceptable answer but ask for a pic before you plan on hunting with them. This counts as a meatpole. I also hunted with an outfitter who had a person in camp who's sole job was meat care. That also is a slam dunk and counts as a meat pole.
I've spent lots of time and even more money developing this theory.
My buddy went on a hunt with an outfitter that was recommended by a famous outdoor tv show and guess what, no meat pole and no kill. Locals said he hadn't killed but one deer since the 70's.
REVIEW: Ask for a pic of the meat pole if you want to get a good idea of how the hunt will work out!
Feel free to use this idea but give credit to FLYINGBRASS!

flyingbrass
cold dead hands
NRA Life Member

My kid tore down the swing set in my back yard while I was gone to Canada.
Now he's gonna build me a new meat pole-what a bonehead!
All yer huntin buddies should have one too.

does this in anyway discredit a mans bone pole?

VJ
49ca8f1a4fbfdf37.jpg

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom