Missoula whitetail bucks

Randy11

Just curious if any one else on here spends alot of time in missoula, and whether or not they've seen some of the absolute giants living in town this year. on my way home just now a giant 5x5 with split g2's that would score somewhere close to 160 ran in front of me. and ive seen two non typicals that go over 180" and a nice four point that has to be at least 24" wide. all these bucks are living in the middle of town and i watched one bed within 40 feet of some kids playing in a ditch. i just got my digital camera back so hopefully ill have pictures on here soon.

Don't get to Missoula much, but there are a bunch of good ones here in the Root. Many live in and among the housing subdivisions. Post pics when you get them. mtmuley

My brother lives in Missoula. He shot a really nice one last year not far from town. I've been hounding him for pics to post here for you all to guess the score. It's a 4x4, tall and heavy. I haven't had a chance to measure it but I'm betting it's going to be good.

I used to live on a ranch on the outskirts of town when I was going to college (Go Griz!). We used to get a ton of whitetail and some real dandy bucks. Unfortunately, the ranchers are very particular about who gets to go on their land. The river bottoms in the Bitterroot Valley are pretty good. I've seen some nice bucks up Pattee Canyon, and the Lolo Creek Canyon. Also, check the block management areas and public land up Hwy 200 in the Ovando/Lincoln area.

This biggest buck ive seen was right of of dore, next to K-mart in a small field they keep irrigated. a couple real nice ones have been hanging out behind bob wards along the ditchline kinda by culligan too. I also saw one nice one right next to hawthorne school.
Ive always seen big bucks on the outskirts of town (pattee canyon, rattlesnake, big flat, etc.) but this is the first year ive ever seen big bucks right in town like that.

Last fall I was livin over behind Albertsons off of 39th street and there was a 130" 4x4 chasing a doe in a guys yard right across from my apartment. I was amazed at the size of the deer runnin around town

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom