ML buck and a great week

2stamp

LAST EDITED ON Oct-20-09 AT 09:32PM (MST)[p]Well, he's not a monster, but I like him and he'll make a great European mount.

It was the last day my dad I were able to hunt the 2009 Utah ML season. We started opening morning and hunted hard for the next five days. I spotted a couple shooters opening morning and then it was hard pickings the rest of the week.

We spotted this buck at about 700 yds from the saddle we were in Sunday morning. It took us almost 2 hrs to decide to go after him because he was headed for the bottom of the canyon. We finally said "what the hell, lets go.'

After working down to the area he was heading, he stepped out at 65 yds across the draw. As soon as I shot (I didn't have time to warn dad) deer started coming out of the trees and running up the hill. My dad shot and dropped another buck so we had two to get out of the canyon.

P9270529.jpg

P1010209crop.jpg

The pics aren't the greatest, but it was a great week spent with my father.
P1010206.jpg

Thanks.

Not sure on my dad's powder load, but he was using a 245ish grain powerbelt I think. Not exactly sure on bullet grain weight.

Mine was 95gr of Goex 3F and 295 gr powerbelt. Both rifles were .50 cals.

If this had happened the day before it would have been shot with a .54 flintlock! :p But on this particular morning, I grabbed the caplock. :D

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom