Monster Rams not monster mulies

BloodhoundBrother

For being such a hard creature to hunt, there are certainly a lot of big rams hitting the dirt. Far more 30 inch rams than 30 inch or 200 inch bucks. What does that tell us.

Thanks for the response Paul, can always count on the administrator for a reply. I agree on unit 34, i beleive they are trying to wipe the deer out of that unit with the amount of tags they give.

34 has one of the lowest success rates and lowest satisfaction rates.

There are a few guys out there arguing that you can over hunt the bucks and it will not affect the population.

Of course there are other factors, but, over hunting the unit even if it is only 10% of the problem (I would argue it is more than that) needs to stop. It is one thing we have control of and we should make those changes.

NMDGF is taking comments on future big game management. Couldn't get the link to work today but they will have it up soon. Please ALL of you MM guys Give them your 2 cents worth. And tell any friends that don't visit here to do the same. Don't know if they will listen to our comments but we have to try to get changes made... especially concerning DEER.
Jack

Looks like the dept made some updates to the public comment. See below on deer:

Deer 19.31.13 NMAC: Comment Now!
The Department will be proposing reductions in license numbers in many GMU's to address declining deer populations and lowered hunter success and satisfaction ratings. The exact license reductions have not been determined, but as further data becomes available (for example, hunters are still reporting the results of their 2013-2014 deer hunt) the Department will update the website with specific proposed license numbers.

Definitely good news! I'd say keep the comments coming.

Travis

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom