MONTANA WOLVE HUNTING

LAST EDITED ON Jun-23-12 AT 09:20AM (MST)[p]Actually, the elk harvest has increased sense 1994. There's also a lot more elk than back then.

The harvest has declined sense 2005 every year. This is largely because a law passed in 2003 that limited our elk herds to a lower number. We are actually still over that number by 22,000 head of elk. So we will still see planned reductions to our elk herd.

We do need longer seasons for wolves, and we need a trapping season, with multiple tags. So if you, comment please ask for a trapping season, that starts Dec. 1st and runs through March 1st. Also ask that we get multiply tags for trapping.

The anti trapping community has bombarded MTFW&P's with their rhetoric.

I wanted to take a scalp,but the kill was not mine.

Ive already sent in my comments reguarding this issue to expand hunting and trapping of the wolf, and forwarded people I know to do the same.

Thanks for the link birdman.

Hawkeye

Browning A-Bolt 300 Win Mag
Winchester Apex .50 Cal
Mathews Drenalin LD

Thanks for the link, Birdman. I think all hunters that care about responsible management of our wildlife would be wise to comment and support public input systems such as this, regardless if you live or hunt in the area of concern. Decisions in Idaho, Wyoming and Montana concerning wolves will set precidence for a variety of management approaches in other states.

http://unitedwildlifecooperative.org

According to the attatched letter, there is a proposed trapping season that runs from Dec. 15, 2012 to Feb. 28, 2013.

I submitted my comments in favor.

Eel

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom