Nevda Draw-Awesome!!!

Califelkslayer

Long Time Member
LAST EDITED ON Jun-07-15 AT 09:21AM (MST)[p]When I got up on May 30th, I logged onto HuntNevada and was shocked beyond belief. I had to question if I was really awake, or if I was dreaming.

It went like this:

I checked my wife and myself first. I drew 221-223 late deer, my first choice. My wife drew 031, her third choice.

I checked a friend next and he drew 072 early rifle, I knew this was his first choice.

I checked another friend and he drew 072 muzzy elk, my first choice if I could apply. He also drew 022 muzzy deer with his daughter, both NR tags I believe.

At this point I thought the draw was screwed up and started getting worried that they would re-do it since I could not believe 3 of the 4 people I checked had drawn their first choice for one species and the fourth had drawn their 3rd choice.

I started texting and actually let the 072 rifle tag holder know he had drawn since he was on vacation and hadn't checked.

I checked another friend and he had drawn a early rifle bull tag, 062 I believe. I was still suspect.

Then I checked 2 families that between them have about 9 applicants and apply for multiple species every year, and always draw a couple of great tags. They only drew one cow tag between them.

So it's been a week and NDOW hasn't called me to tell me it's a joke but still no tag in hand so I'm just a little skeptical.

I guess it goes to show that if you keep applying, even for long odds hunts, eventually you are going to get rewarded for your efforts.

The only down side to this year's draw was that I have had to turn down 2 offers to help on great elk hunts I would have enjoyed to be a part of. And the 072 muzzy tag holder didn't offer since he knew I was tapped out on time and tags.

Good luck to everyone this fall.

Busy year for you. Five weeks hunting mule deer in NV and then elk in AZ. Best of luck on your hunts.

"You can fly a helicopter to the top of Everest and say you've been there. The problem with that is you were an a$$hole when you started and you're still an a$$hole when you get back.
Its the climb that makes you a different person". - Yvon Chouinard

If I were you I would not waste any time or money on the 031 tag unless you are Superman. A mature 4x4 will be a tall order to get your wife on. Thats just my opinion and I am not you. Congrats. on the successful draws and Good Luck.

Remind me to give you my name next year so you can look up my results and maybe I'll finally draw a Nevada tag of any kind!! My luck is terrible and I'm now 0-10 for NV everything!! Lol. I have been in 031 before though as my grandson drew a tag there 3 or 4 years ago. I'll send a pm with some info of what I know. Good luck on all those hunts.

Oil, I believe 9 PPs for deer. Think my last NV deer hunt was 2005.

Sage, Thanks for the hook-up.

Downhill,

Thanks for the info. I replied.

My buddy with the 072 early rifle elk tag is going guided since I said he couldn't go. His deposit is received and he was convienced to hunt the last 6 days???? I would of thought with a 10/22 opener you would want to hunt early because they might still be vocal????? The guide hunts in the wilderness so why hunt late?

Anybody able to shed light on this?

My first thought too.....but he offered him any season dates he wanted.

I'm thinking if he went early it was going to be another sub-guide he'd have to pay. If he went late, the master guide would be the guide, saving the guide from paying another employee. BUT maybe there is something about later is better.That's what I was trying to find out.

I have another friend that hunted 072, guided and they got weather and couldn't glass for 3 days, basically 3 wasted days on a 6 day hunt. Plus one day in and one day out so he really only had one day they could locate bulls at distance.

Nevada Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Big Bucks & Bulls Timberline Outfitters Guide Service

Customized and high quality eastern Nevada trophy hunts for mule deer, elk and antelope.

Western Wildlife Adventures

We offer some excellent mule deer and elk hunts in northeast Nevada.

Currant Creek Outfitters

Nevada, big bucks and big bulls! We hunt for quality not quantity.

Nevada Outfitters & Guides Association

Find guides and outfitters for mule deer, elk, sheep, chuckar, fishing, & more!

SilverGrand Outfitters

Successfully guiding in Nevada for many years. Mule deer, elk, antelope and bighorn sheep hunts.

Hidden Lake Outfitters

Specializing in trophy mule deer hunts along with elk, mountain goat, antelope and mountain lion.

G&J Outdoors

Full time outfitter with 20+ years hunting mule deer, sheep, elk, antelope, lion and chukar.

Mountain Man Outfitters

Offering world class mule deer hunts in some of the most productive units in Nevada.

Nevada High Desert Outfitters

Rocky mountain goats, desert, rocky and california bighorn, mule deer, antelope and elk hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

If you want an unguided hunt but can't draw your tags, you need to call us.

White River Guide Service

50 years of guiding experience! Mule deer, elk, sheep and cougar.

Back
Top Bottom