NONRES ELK QUESTION

HUNTER43

HEY GUYS I LIVE IN SPARKS NEVADA AND HAVE 5 LIMITED ELK POINTS SAVED UP. I HAVE BEEN LOOKING AT DRAW ODDS AND HAVE SEEN THAT THE SOUTH CACHE UNIT IS NOT TO TOUGH TO DRAW. CAN ANYONE GIVE ME AN IDEA OF THE QUALITY OF BULLS IN THAT AREA. ALSO WHAT OTHER AREAS COULD I DRAW IN THE NEXT COUPLE OF YEARS THAT WOULD GIVE ME A GOOD HUNT? RIFLE, BOW, MUZZLELOADER IT DOESNT MATTER.
THANKS FOR ANY INFO

You could probbly draw the LE ML tag on Nebo, Tough hunt.
But I'd take it over any of the Cache units .........

4aec49a65c565954.jpg

Thanks guys, the central mt units were my other option that i have been looking at. What your opinions on waiting it out for the manti hunt? Does that area produce enough larger bulls to be worth waiting for?

Your best chance at drawing is obviously with a bow, and you could be close to drawing some of those, but rifle/muzzy hunts are much harder to come by. Then half the tags go to anybody with points so you can also roll the dice like everybody else on good units.

Cool guys thanks. I think i'll keep building points and in the mean time maybe do a deer hunt out at Manti to check things out there. Anyone know what it takes on average to draw the muzzy bull tag there for non res.

>Thanks guys, the central mt units
>were my other option that
>i have been looking at.
>What your opinions on waiting
>it out for the manti
>hunt? Does that area produce
>enough larger bulls to be
>worth waiting for?

I drew the Manti archery tag as a resident with just 3 points last year (not sure how many it would take for a NR) but I would definitely recommend the Manti. Lots of elk and it is a really big unit. I ended up killing about a 330 bull...saw several bigger and had lots close calls.

Cutbow

Thanks everyone sounds like Manti is what im looking for. I'll start applying and wait it out. Cant see myself waiting 20 years though. Better start practicing with the bow

LAST EDITED ON Jan-04-14 AT 03:34PM (MST)[p]Me and a buddy both drew the Manti in 2011 with 9 pts (muzzy) but I think we got lucky that year. A buddy drew the archery tag last yr with only 3 but that was a bonus tag.

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom