NOR CAL Back-Country Bowhunting?

jyatsko

Hey Guys,

I'm new to back-country bow-hunting, I don't have any friends who are interested in bow-hunting so I figured I'd hit up the forum to see if I can connect with other guys heading out to the back-country this August.

I was hoping to connect with someone who hunts D5/D6. I have a bunch of questions about hunting this area, preparations and what to expect.

Don't worry, I'm not going to ask you where the deer are located!, LOL.

J

D5-d6 high areas can be real hard to bowhunt. The deer densities are low, they're black tail cagey ( bed in thick nasty ) and the high up terrain isn't always great for making stalks. But they are there and you can get opportunities. Are you new to bow hunting or just new to backpack hunting? Have you ever been in the area before?

I'm new to bow hunting and new to the area I plan on hunting. I do plan on taking a few overnight scouting trips.

Do you have experience hunting this area?

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

California Guides & Outfitters

Western Wildlife Adventures

Offering some fine Blacktail Deer hunting, Wild Pig hunts, Turkey hunts and Waterfowl hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer the top private land hunts in all of California, for blacktail deer, elk, pigs, bison and turkeys.

G & J Outdoors

Offering Tule elk hunts for bulls and cows on a 17,000 acre Ranch in Laytonville, CA with 100% success.

Back
Top Bottom