North Texas buck pic

BigPig

Very Active Member
LAST EDITED ON Dec-13-04 AT 09:01AM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Dec-13-04 AT 09:00?AM (MST)

Here is the muley I recently took hunting a ranch in North Texas. This was in the Palo Duro area. The country really reminded me of Northern AZ or Southern UT. It was just beautiful with the steep red rock canyons and cedar breaks. We had a great hunt with lots of glassing. This was an exceptional buck for this property (the second largest buck ever killed off this ranch) and I feel fortunate to have taken him. My buddy shot a nice high 160 class buck, and an Aoudad too. I'll tell you what, those Aoudad are some wild, cagey beasts. I've never seen anything as spooky as those suckers. Tons of fun to hunt. This was not your average TX hunt. No feeders, fences or blinds. Just your typical spot and stalk Western hunt. We spotted my deer several hundred yards away chasing does and was able to stalk up to 158 yards and the 30-06 did him in. Simply an awesome hunt.

41bdbc817dfe21c9.jpg

Nate
I saw pics of it recently, nice buck! Congrats!

If you can't do the upload thing you can send em to me if you want.

AntlerQuest Hunt Consulting

Congrats on a great buck. That sounds like great country and a great hunt. I just got back from the Trans Pecos area. We got a couple of solid bucks and the deer there had more mass and beeter antlers than I anticipated. And they were the darkest horns I've ever seen since they mostly rub on creosote brush.

BigPig,
That is one beautiful buck. I've seen pictures of that area of TX and it does look alot like southern UT/northern AZ. And your comments about Aoudad were interesting. I have applied the last 4 or 5 years for an Aoudad hunt in Caprock Canyons. Gonna keep applying and keep my fingers crossed that I'll draw that tag someday. They are a gorgeous animal.
Scott/couesbitten

Bigpig: Thats a toad......great looking buck and great picture..... Thanks, Allen Taylor......

El Toro........

You sure got your share of horns this year my friend. Congratulations on a buck of a lifetime (for some of us at least) :)

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom