NorthEast New Mexico antelope

Jeffpg

Does anyone know what kind of shape the antelope are in up near Clayton, in the NorthEast corner of the state?

I have heard that it's so dry that there is no vegetation and the goats look rough.

any thoughts?

LAST EDITED ON Jul-13-11 AT 11:19AM (MST)[p]A lot of it depends on how well the ranch takes care of its land. It's dry, but the ranch I typically hunt just North of Clayton has had a couple of decent rains. Thanks to proper grazing management this ranch does not suffer from a lack of vegetation even though it is dry. Because of this and good water the goats will congregate on this and similar ranches when the others turn into dust bowls. Don't worry, there's still some really nice bucks up there right now...a couple of good rains could still green things up pretty well.

-Cody

www.streamflies.com

Thanks, I'll likely go towards the end of the season in the first part of September anyway. Maybe it'll be better conditions by then.

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom