On-board compressor

Thunderclapper

Anyone on here have an on-board air compressor or carry a tank of compressed CO2 for flats? If so what's your opinion on the best setup?

I used the battery jumper box that has a compressor on it. Not fast but works, without it I would not have made it out of the bookcliffs last year.

I have a small air compressor behind the seat of my truck and it has been used a number of times.

I got one of these...When I go wheeling I do a lot of airing up/down in mine and others rigs...This thing works great..Had it for about 4 years now..

http://www.viaircorp.com/OffRoad/400P.html

horsepoop.gif

Disclaimer:
The poster does not take any responsibility for any hurt or bad feelings. Reading threads poses inherent risks. The poster would like to remind readers to make sure they have a functional sense of humor before they visit any discussion board.

My work truck has a boxed steel rear bumper that i plan on adding a air zirk to for compressed air storage. As a plumber, i could often have use for the stored air while only needing to carry the hose in everyday service work.

276284_gmc_utility_jpg.jpg

Joey

I carry a 12v compressor for air and a can of starting fluid with a lighter in case I roll the bead.

>My work truck has a boxed
>steel rear bumper that i
>plan on adding a air
>zirk to for compressed air
>storage. As a plumber, i
>could often have use for
>the stored air while only
>needing to carry the hose
>in everyday service work.
>
>

>
>Joey....

And by the way, I don't get nearly so winded blowing up "Plastic Alice" when that magic moment arises in the evening at deer camp!

".....but by God, I never said a word to a pig!"

JFP Nicky!

I just Blowed Mt Dew all over,again!

sage is gonna make a comeback on that one!:D

For GAWDS Sakes Guys,We Got Kids on this Site,Some of them are 65 years Old!:D

I don't care if they're big or small!
If they throw lead I like em all!
:p

>JFP Nicky!
>
>I just Blowed Mt Dew all
>over,again!
>
>sage is gonna make a comeback
>on that one!:D
>

I'll be waiting around for this response.

"Courage is being scared to death but saddling
up anyway."

Nickman, What, did you forget to change your soiled depends again? Funny what a old demented pervert remembers when he could be adding to the topic. I've nothing to say to a sick sorry sack of $hit like you other than to say, You started it!

Joey

Lol!

OK Nicky!

It's your turn!

Yeah, his turn! Why in the heck would a guy go out of his way to piss a guy off? Nickman has always been weird in his own way but when he goes out of his way to tick me off, well he can go screw himself!!

Joey

LAST EDITED ON Aug-25-11 AT 09:12PM (MST)[p]Dang BOP, you're such a nice guy egging them on.

"Courage is being scared to death but saddling
up anyway."

What do you want me to do tailchasers?

Send both of them to their own corner?

OK.....Spanking recieved in appropriate fashion!

However.....it seems to me that YOU were the one who discussed the plastic "bunk buddy" sometime last year.....so I really DIDN't start it.

That said, it's funny chit either way, and I am really sorry if you are truly offended. But don't sit there and actually try to tell me that you didn't laugh.

Sometimes, I simply cannot help myself.

PS: All efforts to actually "screw myself" have proven unsuccessful for the past 65 years.....perhaps some pointers on how YOU do it?

It sure does not take long for a thread that is posted to get turned around and headed for the scrap files..........

Why don't you guys go hunting or fishing.

Brian
http://i25.tinypic.com/fxbjgy.jpg[/IMG]

Wrong, I was just one of many that made a comment on that long ago thread but somehow i got stuck with the hang tag! It's so stupid but some of you like to push my buttons once in awhile and i'm picky on who i let do so and you, as you should know by now, are not one of them!

That's OK, i needed to blow the crud out just like a guy needs to stomp on the gas peddle and hold her there every once in awhile. It's good for the system.

Joey

WTF!

The first 4 posters pretty much covered the topic.....is there something about compressed air that I missed?

I didn't hijack a thread about heart transplants, for cripes sake!

Some of you are wearing panties 2 sizes too small!

My sincerest apology to the original poster!

And by the way, I have a converted A/C compressor and 30' of air hose under the hood of my suburban. It is quick, quiet and out of the way.

"There, can we be friends again?"

LOL!!!!!.....NICKMAN YOU ALWAYS MAKE ME LAUGH WITH THAT GREAT SENSE OF HUMOR........KEEP IT UP.....................YD.

Yukon Dall, You are a complete piece of Shite as well, "keep it up"! Congratulating a guy for his sick humor and encouraging him to keep it up really shows just how stupid and imbecilic you really are! Where's NVB piling on in this thread? You 3 butt buddies all seem to have selective memories and this is as great a time as any to tell the three of you guys to kiss my fat A$$!

My apologies to the Original poster. These guys usually confine their sick and sarcastic humor to the campfire forum but things must be slow there so they went looking.

Joey

good one Nickman....lmmfao.....great humor

PS-how long does it take to inflate those dolls......????

JB
497fc2397b939f19.jpg

NOT TRUE JOE.......DON IS A GOOD FELLA WITH A GOOD SENSE OF HUMOR. HE ADDS A LOT TO THIS MM SITE, YOU MAY HAVE A "FAT A$$" BUT THATS A PERSONAL PROBLEM YOU NEED TO WORK ON.

JOE....RECENTLY YOU HAVE PROBLEMS/WORDS WITH: NVB,ELMERFUDD,CO.CATCHASER,NICKMAN,FEDDOC, B BOP,BUTTSHOT,MULEYCZY,HORSE CREEK,OLD HUNTER, JUST TO NAME A FEW OFF THE CUFF THAT I HAVE READ........THERE ARE MORE. PERHAPS YOU NEED TO CONDUCT YOUR MM BEHAVIOR A TAD MORE ON THE FRIENDLY SIDE.

YOUR "KEEP IT UP" THREATS ARE WEAK & HOLLOW AT BEST. CHESTER CALI IS NOT THE CENTER OF THE UNIVERSE EITHER.

A GOOD SENSE OF HUMOR GOES ALONG WAY JOE, YOUR STILL WELCOME TO THOSE GIANT TICKETS THOUGH WHEN EVER YOU WANT, YOU TAKE ER EASY.....YD.

Dall, here's the deal with me, you guys that wish to stay on my good side, treat me as you want to be treated.

As far as who i got/get in pissing matches with, every single one has called me out just as i have been in this thread. As you well know, i joke and have fun, made plenty of friends here, but some of you, like you three amigos, like to take it too far and i just will not put up with your $hit when it involves me.

Chester is not the center of the universe? WTF is that all about? are you jealous that i post up of where i live? People ask me of this place all the time! Sounds like you have a problem there Dall not me!!

Threats? what threats? If you care to have or give threats, we probably can manage that but you have run away and hid, hide behind a empty profile, in short, you're just another internet punk who will not stand up so why should i bother with threats?

Seems you broke your promise of a truce. I knew that among being a chickenshit and a two face, you were also a liar so expected as much. Have a nice day!

Joey

My humor button if Fine thank you. I get lots of enjoyment here especially dealing with idiots like you who keep coming back asking for more.

All over an On-board compressor!

LMMFAO!

NVB is in trouble too,LMAO!

KEEP IT UP BOYS!

Even if it takes some air,hot air that is!:D

Hey Bessy! Can you believe it? I know that you can see exactly what's going on here. I get my buttons pushed in one post, respond back in another as expected, then Dall jumps in, like he has about every single time, to not miss a chance to try an discredit me. lol

It's nice to know who your friends aren't!

This is getting old guys. i know that you like to rile me up but then don't get upset when i bite back!

NVB, you are probably off hunting or some such so it was probably unfair of me to include you in the a$$ kissing that i had requested. We'll save you and that for another day :)

Joey

>>My work truck has a boxed
>>steel rear bumper that i
>>plan on adding a air
>>zirk to for compressed air
>>storage. As a plumber, i
>>could often have use for
>>the stored air while only
>>needing to carry the hose
>>in everyday service work.
>>
>>

>>
>>Joey....
>
> And by the way, I
>don't get nearly so winded
>blowing up "Plastic Alice" when
>that magic moment arises in
>the evening at deer camp!

Just wondering... Is Alice a looker? Blonde? Brunette?

I'm guessing you can make her any size by adding a little air or taking some out..

Now You're in trouble F'er!

LAST EDITED ON Aug-26-11 AT 07:23AM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Aug-26-11 AT 07:22?AM (MST)

LAST EDITED ON Aug-26-11 AT 07:21?AM (MST)

>Agreed!
>
Truck.jpg

I pictured Alice as a blonde and I see I was right.. and she's a real looker as well.

What happened to her clothes or maybe I shouldn't ask...

By the way Feleno... Did you have permission from the owner to post her photo????

Joey, please note that in most every case, YOU are the one who defines these posts as "attacks".

That is an interesting trend, which shows some deep seated insecurity on your part. I don't once recall anyone accusing you of anything evil, illegal, nefarious or unsportsmanlike.

I, for one, readily admit that you have, over the years, provided some insight and humor to this site and I appreciate it, and I am quite sure others will agree with me.

That said, we are certainly willing to overlook and accept your personal choice in the direction of your sex life.

There is no question that your "buttons get pushed"......simply because it is sooooo easy to do!

Relax man! There is no "GET JOEY" campaign.

In a way, i'm glad this is the internet. If in person, i would long ago been tired of swinging, kicking, and gouging eyeballs. I may not have kicked all your asses but you can bet your last dollar that i would have tried!

For the record, i swear to God that i have never even seen a Doll, toy, playmate in my life let alone used or owned one!

To all who seem so intent on pissing me off, all i now can say and feel is sadness. In my book, You're all a bunch of a-holes!!

You p-ricks need to confine your personal attacks to the campfire! A guy doesn't come here to this forum for this kinda krap

Joey

THIS IS A "MONSTERMULEY CLASSIC", .....WOW ALICE IS A LARGE WOMAN.........MORE TO LOVE !!!! ITS ALL IN GOOD HUMOR JOE, WERE LAUGHING WITH YOU................TAKE ER EASY ... (ARE THOSE YOUR NEW TIRES ???)..............YD.

Slime has a kit. It comes with a 12 volt compressor,a bottle of slime and some plugs with the plug tools. Its sold at walmart and auto parts stores. It's not super heavy duty, but it does the job. I think it was between 80.00 to 100.00 bucks

Joey, relax dude! Most of the time people only rib you cause they like you... I know me and my buddies give each other sshit all the time.. It's hard to even joke with you lately.. You're starting to come off like Lenny from "OF Mice And Men"...

horsepoop.gif

Disclaimer:
The poster does not take any responsibility for any hurt or bad feelings. Reading threads poses inherent risks. The poster would like to remind readers to make sure they have a functional sense of humor before they visit any discussion board.

Snort, I too joke with my buds and we give each other a bad time but maybe what you fail to comprehend is that some of these guys are NOT my friends, i do NOT want to be friends or play their games, and it's been that way a long time now.

I have never been in a better mood than lately. All my bills, debts, and credit cards are 100% paid off in full, i'm looking to buy a house nearby, and i haven't had to shovel snow for months now. I've got a great Muley tag and have been on top of the world but i sure don't need this $hit and if some don't like the fact that i don't like playing their silly games, screw em!

"How can you be so... obtuse?" :)

I'm soon to be gone scouting for the weekend!

Joey

BIGJOHNT.......THAT IS A PRETTY DECENT KIT, ALREADY HAD TO USE IT ONCE.......SAVED MY BUTT......DECENT VALUE TOO...........YD.

LAST EDITED ON Aug-26-11 AT 02:25PM (MST)[p]My A/C compressor has 3 gate valves. Close the 2 that power the A/C and open the one with the air line......too simple.

Pump up a blow up doll in no time I bet!.....just sayin!

".....if they piss you off, Joey can kick their ass!"

Joey, Joey, Joey... WTH? I hadn't even seen this thread until I was PM'd that you were treading on my good name (3 butt buddies? Really? Is that any way to talk?). Until I saw this I was seriously thinking of agreeing with you on your "bragging" thread.

You've obviously taken me way too seriously. I think if you knew me you'd realize you have me all wrong. I was indeed off hunting antelope with my son and had a most rewarding time (those who know me also know why) but honestly had I seen all this I probably would have not chimed in. I can see I irritate you whether I respond or not so why put out the effort. Besides the world does not need another mass killing at a MacDonalds somewhere.

I have some family over in your neck of the woods. Family that has been there a looong time. Maybe one day I will come visit and we can have a beer and be friends.

In the mean time I do not care at all if you have a blow up doll, if your family are the finest people in the world or if you happen to have a teenager shackled in your basement... or not. It makes no difference to me.

You are correct, Chester is not the center of the universe. You are little more than a blip on my radar. So enjoy your fall, have a great hunt, and leave me the hell out of it all.

NICKMAN LMAO........."JUST SAYIN".......EVEN BEN THOMPSON SAID THE CHESTER KID HAD A MELTDOWN. I HAVE RECEIVED 26 EMAILS, EVEN ALICE SAYS SHE IS MOVING TO BAKERSFIELD ALONG WITH OVERTON AND MYSELF. WE WONT BE FOUND IN THERE.......TAKE ER EASY.........YD.

Who needs anything onboard when there's so much "hot air" flying around?

I still can't believe that any of this pizzing match is real...but then again.... this IS the internet. What do I expect? I'm really a 13 year old Boy Scout!

Oh, back to the question: I have onboard air springs because I'm too cheap to buy a 3/4 ton. This helps with air storage. I also use a small 12v compressor.

Zeke

LAST EDITED ON Aug-26-11 AT 05:30PM (MST)[p]Your Ass is on the Sshitlist there NVB!

Ain't no backin out now!

I got a PM from sage wanting exact addresses,thought He was gonna send Birthday Cards or somethin,sorry but I didn't know he was makin a trip to WHOOP some azz!

He's lookin for you NVB!

And nicky,you too!:D

EDIT:Watch out Ben Thompson!

so i sais to myself.... self, how could there be 40 plus replies to a thread about an on board air compressor? so i read on and get a good laugh. i really cant believe the twist this took

anyway about the compressor. i have installed a lot of them on trucks. the best way to do it is with a small +-3 gallon air tank. that way they run long enough to fill the tank then cut off. without the tank the compressor will take a long time to fill a tire. i used the ride right system and the air lift. i liked the ride right best. seemed a little more heavy duty. they are all eay to wire and install. just make sure that you mount them securely to the frame and insulate with rubber or they tend to rattle loose after running.

>Some people just don't know how
>to take a joke!Go kill
>something,Joey!!!!!

Sound advice......'cept he's prolly headin' for MY house!.....who knew?

Nick

Don't even think of moving to Bakersfield, it's really getting crowded down here now. Besides YukonDall won't let Alice out of his sight.

Ransom

RANSOM.......I'M AFRAID FOR ALICE'S LIFE, THINGS COULD GET ROUGH FOR HER UP IN CHESTER......& SHE IS SWEET. NICKMAN IS MOVING TO BAKERSFIELD TOO.....PART OF THE INVOLVED PARTY RELOCATION PROGRAM. DONT TELL ANYBODY WHERE WERE GOING.........THANKS.........JOHN SMITH.

LAST EDITED ON Aug-27-11 AT 08:41AM (MST)[p]Funny stuff......I actually lived in Bakersfield for a time while attending Bakersfield Junior College, "Go Renegades".....lived in a converted barn in Pumpkin Center and worked for a crop dusting outfit.

Mostly got drunk and chased Oildale cheerleaders.......married one with all her teeth!....OK,..almost all anyway.

Again, my apologies to Thunderclapper.....I amit I am an ass for jacking your post.....it HAD value for a while!

nickman, YD, and NVB, I'm with Joey. It's one thing to kid a guy on a public forum for the whole world to see, but you've crossed the line now.

Unless you're a heavy smoker, which Joey is NOT, it is insulting and degrading to imply that he needs a compressor to blow up Alice.

Now I'M moving to Bakersfield!:)

Eel

Thunderclapper, sorry this thread got hijacked the way it did.

To actually contribute something here I have an onbard system similar to this one on my service pickup that I use around the farm.
http://www.assuredautomotiveproduct...it-15G-Tank-Gr8-4-Horns-PN-20003-ACV20003.htm
I've had it several years and have used it quite a bit. I mostly use it to air up low tires, blow out a gas line or such, or on a pneumatic grease gun. A nice little tool that makes life easier. It wouldnt run an air wrench or anything like that but for the lighter duty stuff it's nice to have. I do not have one or carry this one on my hunting rig but I do have a little cheapy Slime air pump that I carry. Not real sure what it would be capable of. Mostly use it for my sons wheelchair tires and quad tires.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom