PEEP SIGHTS

nvnative79

Does anyone here use peep sights? I was thinking of changing to a peep sight and was wondering what you guys use. Nevada doesn't allow scopes during muzzleloader season. Thanks

I use a Williams peep sight on my Black Knight. I also bought but haven't yet installed a peep for my new Lyman Great Plains Hunter. I really like my peep. Made a world of difference in my shooting.

Ransom

Thanks for the info. I have a TC encore. The williams is about the only one I can find. What do you use for a front sight?

I went through the same decision for an Encore pro hunter here as well - there are a couple of my posts about it here on the muzz forum.

I wound up looking at a couple of different peeps - I started with a Williams WGRS, then I tried a Williams fool proof adjustable, and I finally settled back on a WGRS style peep that is nounted on a scope mount so I can switch back and forth between scope/no scope depending on what state I am hunting (EABCO is the mfg) and with the front sight I settled on I didn't see the need for the adjustable peep.

Several of the guys on this board helped me with the front sight option too - I tried a front gloge sight - specifically I bought a lyman 17 aml and a williams shorty ramp and had that installed on the gun with a crosshair insert. In the daylight this was very accurate but it severely limited me at low light, and since most of my deer hunting is in wooded areas in MN I needed the better low light capabilities more than I needed the extra yardage that the crosshair front sight afforded me. With that in mind I switched back to the factory fiber optic that came with the gun and it has been working just fine. I also bought one of the Tru Glo globe sights but I didn't care for the position of the tru globe ghost ring - too far from the eye.

NV

I just kept the original front sight on my Black knight. I bought the Williams peep from Cabela's. Maybe I was just lucky and it worked out by chance. Not an expert for sure. The one thing I do know is the peep made a huge difference in my shooting.

Ransom

I did the same as overton.I left the front fiber optic on my knight and bought a williams peep.I am extremely happy with it although I have talked to a few older people who have said that it was hard to see through,especially at night,but I think that would be the same as regular sights.All I can say for my experience is that I love the williams peep with my front fiber optic.

I bought a Williams peep from Cabelas, but purchased a "twilight peep" directly from Williams (about $10) just unscrew the one that comes with the peep and screw the twilight peep in. The hole is bigger and lets you see in dimmer light. you can also unscrew the peep altogher and just use the "ghost ring" that is left.

txhunter58

venor, ergo sum (I hunt, therefore I am)

Here is a question for the guys with the williams sights. If you are in the field and your rifle is set for 100 yards is there a quick slide to get it to 150 or 200 or do you have to count clicks? I know on my Lyman 57sml I can quickly change my setting from 100 yards out to 300 yards and everything in between. Ron

I can't do that with the Williams peep I have on my Omega. It's basically a fixed site with adjustments having to be made with a screwdriver.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom