Poaching

locofife

LAST EDITED ON Mar-07-06 AT 09:57PM (MST)[p]This question goes along with the post by BFE about poaching to feed the family. Now I know that most people here in the U.S. that want to eat can do so, so poaching for that reason is a pretty sad excuse but, let's say the Animal Rights folks mustered up enough support to completely eliminate hunting in the U.S. If this were the case would you respect the laws of the land and stop hunting all together, or would you become a "poacher"? I imagine if this happened and I couldn't convince the wife to move to Mexico or Canada where let's suppose hunting is still legal I would surely be tempted to go against the law. What would you all do?

It would be kinda hard to keep hunting if this happend. Any shot in the woods would be deemed suspicious. I could imagine some animal rights folks might be getting some of those high altitude tune ups ive heard about around here. The question is what is going to go first? Our right to hunt, or Our right to keep Our guns?
Brian

I really don't know what I'd do. I don't know that I'd want to give up wild meat or my God given right to it. As stated above, no one is going to hear a bow and I know I could clean up with a couple of well placed snares.

stay away from canada if that ever happens, theres enough idiots up here already, go out on opening day and u fear for ur life out here

I would say that I probably would not poach. Poaching certainly would not be fun, which is mostly why I hunt to begin with.

I do like the meat, but I'm too old to always be looking over my shoulder wondering if I was going to get caught.

But.....I might get angry and drunk enough to do a "drive by" on a herd of unsuspecting deer or elk. What do you have to lose at that point?

Perish the thought........

Steve

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom