Point creep

dz

Very Active Member
What do you guys think will happen with the NR general tag this year? Last couple years it went from 100% with one point to 40% last year. Will one point even be in the running this year?

DZ

There were 732 with 1PP that didn't draw and another 2725 with <1PP that didn't draw. If all of them bought a PP and apply again, I don't see how it will not drop significantly again this year and maybe require more than 1PP to even be in the running as you put it.

Colorado will get a lot of attention this coming year with the deer season dates for the 3rd season being favorable, a lot of hunters who've been sitting on their points will probably use them which might take some pressure off of Wy.

There were 300 additional 1st choice Special Gen apps in 2015 than 2014. That's 300 addl that were willing to pay $1100 for a GEN tag. I don't see it slowing down until the powers in charge see the demand and increase the price to $1500.

No reason to expect point creep to subside. It's the nature of points systems and limited tags. For the most part, points needed will just increase.

I would guess it's tough to guess draw odds until the number of tags are known? Hope and pray for another mild winter followed by a wet spring and early summer for fawn recruitment!

LAST EDITED ON Dec-28-15 AT 07:23PM (MST)[p]>I would guess it's tough to
>guess draw odds until the
>number of tags are known?
> Hope and pray for
>another mild winter followed by
>a wet spring and early
>summer for fawn recruitment!

That really can't be done with elk due to the early application period and subsequent draw, but that may change in future years if the application and draw is changed to that of deer and antelope like it appears is going to happen in 2017.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom