Predators

Bikes

The pro-predator advocates are largely anti-hunting greens who promote re-establishment of large predators as a means of reducing hunting. Let predators take the extra game leaving nothing to hunt. Hunters fail to understand the many anti-hunting agendas. An unlikely coalition of anti-hunting greens and foresters took over the Pennsylvania Game Commission and over the past 5 years have eradicated 85% of the states large deer herd. It was done so stealthily that few of the state?s million plus hunters even know it happened and that they have almost no deer to hunt. You don't think it can happen in the west just look at the out of control wolf reintroduction program.

what kind of predator did they release in Pennsylvania ?? 85% gone and no one has smelled anything ??

Definate troll.

JB

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."
--Benjamin Franklin 1759

LAST EDITED ON Apr-20-06 AT 06:21AM (MST)[p]That preditor walks on two feet, could get a fist full of doe tags and could only shoot 3pt or better bucks. Record harvests two years in a row, then declined the last couple years by a few percentage points... Now a big portion of PA 'hunters' complain becuase they only see 15 deer a day when they used to see 80+ out of thier tree stand... Its dire times in PA. Can you imagine only haveing visablitly for 75-100yd circle and not seeing more than 15 deer!!! STOP ALL HUNTING IN PA RIGHT NOW!!! SAVE THE DEER! :D

Oh I forgot the insurance companies released a bunch of super hybrid coyotes to kill off the deer so they wouldn't have to pay out so many claims. Couple that with the record harvest and you still have the highest percentage of deer/vehicle collisions in the nation as of statistics from last year. Thats with 85% of the deer wiped out!!! Hard to imagine, that last 15% must be really slow or are attracted to bright lights. My guess is there will be no deer in PA by 2008!

It's amazing to me to see our deer, elk, moose, and sheep dead along side the roads and have predator-haters blame predators for any change in wildlife #'s. There's more traffic and more development today than ever. I lost track of roadkill this winter because there were so many. Oddly enough it must not factor in to wildlife #'s to some people.

Zigga I tend to agree that roadkill is a real problem. Lots of dead deer along I-15 South of Pocatello and on the highway going east thru Lava Hot Springs.

I don't see the numbers ever being brought up in F&G meetings, and we should be doing something to reduce roadkill.

However, it is much easier to control predators than it is to close freeways, move population centers and slow/stop development.

Asking to control predator numbers doesn't make one a "predator hater". I just don't think that mountain lions should kill more deer than hunters. And I don't think that wolves should be allowed to populate the state without any type of control (except for livestock killers). And believe me, there are wolves throughout the entire state of Idaho, not just in the Yellowstone corridor.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom