Purgatoire Antelope RFW

Rich521

Anyone draw for a buck antelope on this ranch. How many points did you use? Anyone have information on the buck quality? I'm guessing that this must be included in the hybrid draw? 3 people with 13 points and we didn't draw anything. Any other area that you might recommend? Richard

Richard,
Does it have to be RFW area? Because with 13 points there are tons of good areas you can pull with that amount of points and kill some nice bucks. For example units 11 and 3/301.

I'm looking for 2 things on this antelope hunt. I don't want to fight with other hunters when I spot an antelope that I'm after.

The little I know about area 3 is that there are lots of antelope bucks, but they are all small and about the same size.

I'm looking for a big buck, not necessarily a booker, but and older mature buck around 15 1/2 - 16 incher. Too many times on an antelope hunt, I have 4-5 vehicles in sight at one time. I don't want to race to see who can get there first.

You'd be surprised at the buck quality in 3/301 and 11 right now. I see good bucks out there each and every year. I think the kind of hunt you're looking for is something along the lines of RFW hunt. Id look into some of the RFW areas in the SE corner of the state. Also look into the areas around Agulair-north of trinidad. I know for a fact there's some good antelope in that country and seen them while driving to and from the Bosque Del Oso to hunt.
Coloradoboy

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom