Quail hunting spot shut down East of Temecula Ca

brushstomper

My buddy and I were out calling coyotes the other day near our quail hunting area East of Temecula California and noticed all these new signs out every where. They said Conservation area closed to hunting, camping , dumping and motor cycles. As we were driving around we saw a Park Ranger puting up more signs so we decided to pull over and talk with him and see what was going on. Apparently two years ago we passed a bill here in California to buy up land and turn it into conservation area. The Ranger we were talking to was very helpful in pointing out all the areas that would be set aside in the near future and giving us ideas about new places to hunt seeing how he was a hunter himself. It is unfortunate that we can't hunt on these conservation areas. So if you hunt any where East of Temecula you may want to go check out your honey hole and see if it is now off limits to hunting. Good luck and good hunting, that is if we are still allowed to do that here in the future. Brushstomper

I guess if those tree humping bunny huggers can't ban hunting then turning your hunting spots into "Conservation areas" is the next best thing.

Thanks for the heads up brushstomper. I don't recall hearing about Conservation Areas, but there is so much of that kind of thing in California now days. I hope you can find a new place to hunt!

Steve

I don't hunt down your way, but do hunt the heck out of quail here in So. Calif (Carrizo plains, Frazier Mountain, etc.).

This is the kind of stuff that really gets me riled. First they come up with a thing called "The adventure pass", which basically is a $30/year fee to park your car anywhere off the road (dirt or not) in the National Forest. Funny, I kinda thought national forest was land owned by "the people", so why are they charging me to park my car on my land?

Now this........but worse, it sounds as they are taking public land away from hunters!!! What is the purpose of this and how is this possible? Who is doing this and what gives them the right to do this? I sure don't recall anything on any ballot that asked if we would be willing to give up public lands, and I vote in every election! Did you get any information (an assembly bill or ???) that I can run up my congressWOMAN's stovepipe?

You guys out in Utah laugh all you want, but it's just a matter of time before these idiots spread to your neighborhood....Be careful who you put in office!!!

LAST EDITED ON Mar-29-06 AT 01:20PM (MST)[p]Freediver,
I too share your frustration at some of this BS. It was "slick willie" as he was going out the door before it hit him in the butt, that rushed to get the Carrizo Plains made a National Monument. With full protection status...
I also am mad about the double dipping "adventure pass', which is nothing more than a tax to pay for the repair of NF in the southern CA area. The money taken from us here, goes down to those NF areas directly.
It won't do any good to make your feelings known to lois claptrap as she does not care one bit.
"You guys out in Utah laugh all you want, but it's just a matter of time before these idiots spread to your neighborhood....Be careful who you put in office!!!" Very well put. All this talk of selling our public lands to pay down debt is a perfect example...

Stop Global Whining

It becomes harder and harder to not want to look into other States who appreciate and accept hunters. California is getting worse by the day, 35,000 kids ditch school because they don't want us to call illegal aliens illegal any more. I hope Californains wake up soon or maybe it is already too late. Oops I gues I sorta got lossed there for a second. I don't agree with this whole adventure pass either, they keep sucking the money out of us every chance they get. I don't know what bill it was that got passed but I sure don't remember hearing anything about it either. I will be headed out in the next week or two and try and find a new hunting spot. There sure is alot of quail out there running around so hopefully it will be another great year next year also. Brushstomper

Who's laughing? I sure the hell am not. It's already happening here. It might not be an anti hunting thing but the feds are going to auction off about 5400 acres of public land that they claim is "unmanagable".

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom