Rangefinders

BowHuntr

My dad's birthday is coming up, and I'm looking at getting him a new rangefinder.

Anyhow, just wanted some opinions on some of your experiences with your rangefinders. Maybe some ideas on a good model. As far as price range goes, I'm looking at Nikon/Bushnell type stuff. He'll most likely be utilizing it on muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

thx

bowhuntr

Bushnell is fine and dandy on a nice sunny day, but try in low light or a snow storm and you'll have fits. Nikon has good glass, but save a couple hundred more and get the Leica if you can.

I had a Bushnell 800 for years and loved it. It had an error message I sent it in and they fixed it for free. Well then a few years pass 4-6 and I got the same error message and sent it in again.....not luck this time the model had been discontinued. I tried one of their others.....sent it back. Tried the Leupold II was too complex and small font size in the viewfinder.....sent it back. Finally landed with the Nikon and love it! It has large text, easy to operate single function can scan numerous targets without hitting the button again, just hold it down and align on new object and the distance is instant. It doesnt have the angle correction factor that is really being pimped hard by most rangefinder companies right now but I didnt like that feature on the Leupold I had. Just my opinions. Test as many as you can get your hands on prior to purchase....thats my best advice.

bp

I bought the Nikon Monarch 800 for my sheep hunt last year.
Good glass, waterproof, and gets the job done for a reasonable price.

I have the Leupold and it is great. I would highly recommend it. Small, accurate, fast, etc.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom