Rifle 2nd season near Eagle

UT1031

Anyone hunted around Eagle during the 2nd season? My brother is going after his first elk and I am driving over from Utah to help him out. I have never been there and am just hoping someone might give me an opinion of the area.
Thanks,
Kelly

lets see 35 second season get off the road there are so many hunters up there that its tough to get away from them but do hunt the nastiest part you can find and it will help up the colorado river road is usually good once it snows the elk go into the colorado river ranch then come back across the road in the morning make sure you watch the private lands though. dont be afraid to hike and i suggest just stayin up there camping so you can get a better start on all the other hunters good luck though not much you can do before the snow hits though castle peak is also good but alot of private up there hunt as high as you can and if you find an area with elk hunt it hard as you can. make sure your friend can take a long shot 250 to 400 yards it will help cause they are all pretty skidish up there but get after them and good luck to you

$MAVERICK$

I have hunted this area for the last few years 2nd season and you will want to get up as high as possible towards castle peak.If it snows 6 inches or better they will probably be a lot lower,almost to the road.The area has real good genetics for deer,but I havent seen much elk,it seems to be a better deer unit.

thank you to all who have responded. sounds like it could be difficult, but we are lucky to have access to a very large ranch. sorry, don't know the name.
Kelly

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom