Rifle Sharing

toolmann

So I have a neighbor (not an avid hunter) who says two people can't share a rifle while on the same hunt. I've never heard such nonsense and strongly disagreed. Has anyone EVER heard of this. I not only think he's wrong, I think he's full of BS.

Thanks

TM

toolmann: Yeh he is wrong: I have read a lot of Regs cover to cover for several states and never saw that rifle sharing issue in any Regs. If both people are hunting and attempting to take game then by definition both are hunting. Both then must have Lic.and Tags.

As far as the rifle goes clearly the hunter holding the rifle while hunting and persuing game is hunting. The other guy can assist in helping the other hunter with the rifle but that person not also having a rifle is not a violation of any Regs that I have ever seen. Clearly if the guy spends the money for a Lic and Tag to be legal then maybe he should go out and spend a little money on his own rifle IMO :)

))))------->

Yeh Plus if both guys hunting have Lic and Tags one guy tags out and hands the rifle to the other guy and he tags out ...now 2 happy hunters :)

Until July 1st in Colorado when both will need to have a background check before handing the rifle back and forth. F###ing liberals.

Yeah, I don't think that comes in to play. I'm not going to do a background check on my wife so she can use my rifle when we hunt together.

Thanks guys for the replies. Thats what I thought. Just always like some backup :)

TM

LAST EDITED ON Apr-05-13 AT 08:29PM (MST)[p]From the new gun law...
Pay special note to item e. III

(6) THE PROVISIONS OF THIS SECTION DO NOT APPLY TO:
(a) A TRANSFER OF AN ANTIQUE FIREARM, AS DEFINED IN 18U.S.C.
SEC.921(a)(16), AS AMENDED, OR A CURIO OR RELIC, AS DEFINED IN 27CFR
478.11, AS AMENDED;
(b) A TRANSFER THAT IS A BONA FIDE GIFT OR LOAN BETWEEN
IMMEDIATE FAMILY MEMBERS, WHICH ARE LIMITED TO SPOUSES, PARENTS,
CHILDREN, SIBLINGS, GRANDPARENTS, GRANDCHILDREN, NIECES, NEPHEWS,
FIRST COUSINS, AUNTS, AND UNCLES;
(c) A TRANSFER THAT OCCURS BY OPERATION OF LAW OR BECAUSE
OF THE DEATH OF A PERSON FOR WHOM THE PROSPECTIVE TRANSFEROR IS AN
EXECUTOR OR ADMINISTRATOR OF AN ESTATE OR A TRUSTEE OF A TRUST
CREATED IN A WILL;
(d) A TRANSFER THAT IS TEMPORARY AND OCCURS WHILE IN THE
HOME OF THE UNLICENSED TRANSFEREE IF:
PAGE 3-HOUSE BILL 13-1229(I) THE UNLICENSED TRANSFEREE IS NOT PROHIBITED FROM
POSSESSING FIREARMS; AND
(II) THE UNLICENSED TRANSFEREE REASONABLY BELIEVES THAT
POSSESSION OF THE FIREARM IS NECESSARY TO PREVENT IMMINENT DEATH
OR SERIOUS BODILY INJURY TO THE UNLICENSED TRANSFEREE;
(e) A TEMPORARY TRANSFER OF POSSESSION WITHOUT TRANSFER OF
OWNERSHIP OR A TITLE TO OWNERSHIP, WHICH TRANSFER TAKES PLACE:
(I) AT A SHOOTING RANGE LOCATED IN OR ON PREMISES OWNED OR
OCCUPIED BY A DULY INCORPORATED ORGANIZATION ORGANIZED FOR
CONSERVATION PURPOSES OR TO FOSTER PROFICIENCY IN FIREARMS;
(II) AT A TARGET FIREARM SHOOTING COMPETITION UNDER THE
AUSPICES OF, OR APPROVED BY, A STATE AGENCY OR A NONPROFIT
ORGANIZATION; OR
(III) WHILE HUNTING, FISHING, TARGET SHOOTING, OR TRAPPING IF:
(A) THE HUNTING, FISHING, TARGET SHOOTING, OR TRAPPING IS
LEGAL IN ALL PLACES WHERE THE UNLICENSED TRANSFEREE POSSESSES THE
FIREARM; AND
(B) THE UNLICENSED TRANSFEREE HOLDS ANY LICENSE OR PERMIT
THAT IS REQUIRED FOR SUCH HUNTING, FISHING, TARGET SHOOTING, OR
TRAPPING;

"Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway."

Go ahead and share your guns,How are they going to police that anyway,they can't even police the laws that are already on the books.You didn't loan that gun to your buddy he just held it for you while stepped over a log,that's just being safe like a resposible gun owner.

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom