San Juan black bear question

bullelk97

I was thinking about putting in for the San Juan black bear tag from the hunt expo. Does anyone know if anyone guides this area and at what kind of cost? Thanks for the responses.

LAST EDITED ON Jan-08-07 AT 06:52PM (MST)[p]YOU MIGHT CONTACT HoundDawgJr!!!

OR!!!

YOU MIGHT CONTACT TODD OR TRAVIS BLACK OF BTO IN BLANDING!!!

I DON'T KNOW HOW MUCH BEAR HUNTING THEY DO BUT THEY CAN SEND YOU THE RIGHT DIRECTION EITHER WAY!!!

AND DO ME A FAVOR,PLEASE DON'T BE RUNNING BEARS DURING THE BIG STINKY BULL SEASONS,LOL!!!

THE ONLY bobcat!!! :D :D :D

Don't contact HoundDawg Jr. or Senior!! :)

I'm not real interested in going clear to the San Juan when I can go catch bears in my backyard.

There are plenty of hound guys down there in Monticello and Blanding and they know the country better anyway. It's their backyard.

I'm happy to try and help hook you up with a couple of the dog guys down there but I'm not your guy. :)

But lots of bears down there and a great place to hunt.

bullelk ill tell ya what if you lucky enough to draw one of the two tags ill run it for ya for nothin. I live in blanding and willg et ya taken care of.

Trent Holliday

My 13 year old boy drew a tag for the fall 2007 San Juan unit. I've hunted deer and elk in the area but know nothing of bear. I keep hearing that there are lots of bear in the area. Any help is much appreciated. I want him to have a great first hunt experience.
Thanks

hey walkergw, Congrats to your boy.. How do you plan on hunting, Hounds or spot and stock.. I live here in Blanding and have hounds if we can be any help to you.. We are not licenced to guide so we do it all for free. Let me know..

Trent Holliday
Mort

Trent
To be honest, I haven't a clue. Never thought we would draw. I am planning a few trips down to scout out the area. Would love any help. Let me know how we can get in contact with you so we can get a game plan together.
Thanks
walkergw

My buddy just got back from the San Juan yesterday.

He turned out on five bears and caught three of them.

They must have had some fun because when he brought my dogs back they were WORE OUT!!

Their old hide was stretched pretty tight over the frames and I think most of their pads were left on the mountain. But they did some catching and tasted a little fur.

Should be a good year down there.

LAST EDITED ON May-16-07 AT 08:13PM (MST)[p]it sounds like ol blood n guts had a good time down here.. i ran into him several times..

Gator This year has been pretty good so far.. We have seen several bear just driving around after we had turned out the dogs on other bear and have cought a few but not like i had hoped..

Walkergw check your pm's

Trent Holliday
Mort

Mort,

Ya, he had fun down there but the weather sure screwed them the first little while. Once the weather broke they did lots of running.

He treed a couple and caught one in a hole and got worked over by a big bear. Started him with wore out dogs at the top of some hell hole, you can probably guess how that turned out. :-(

But with 'ol Blood 'n Guts one thing is for certain. Worst possible day of bear hunting is still a helluva lot better than the best day at work. :) Hard to argue with his logic too.

Hey You Blanding guys
I hope you u put my buddy on a bear soon. Quinn needs to get back to work. LOL

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom