Scirocco?

Ottersix

Hey everyone. I was wondering how many of you have experianced failures on Elk with the 180gr Scirocco? I have heard some rumors and wanted to check you all out on the subject. I'm considering them for an Elk hunt out of my 300 RUM. How do they stack up against the new Hornady bullets? Namely the Inner Bond. I've gotten good accuracy from the 200gr Accubond, but have likewise heard of bullet failures with them as well. I'm not a big TSX fan,but have been reading good things about them. I do remember when I was using the old classic lead core/pure copper barnes bullets,that fouling was a problem. I'm not sure I want to start that all over again. Anyway,how has the Scirocco been holding up for you all? Thanks Ottersix.

I have heard the same thing. I will be shooting them this year as well. Hopefully I can give a report on how they worked if I get a shot at an Elk.

I've "heard" that 200 grain Accubonds work very well on game in the .300 RUM for about 8 years now. I'm gonna guess at least a couple dozen critters and I have never had one come apart. My buddy has had good results in a .30-06 with the Scirocco. mtmuley

I have a custom 300 Wby with a 28" barrel and I cam getting RUM velocities. The 180 Scirocco is my go to bullet in that gun. I have killed quite a few deer with it from 10 yards to 300 yards and it has performed superbly. While I have not taken an elk with it I have no doubts it will work fine. If I take the Wby on my oryx hunt in December, it will have a Scirocco in the chamber.

I also use the 210 gr Scirocco in my 338 Win Mag. I wish they made a 250 or 300 gr bullet for my 338 Lapua.

I stopped using the scirroco only because they don't make a 200 gr. bullet in .308. The ABs have also proven to be very good bullets.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom