Second Season??

Not too good. My hunting partner killed a 4x5 opening morning in Unit 78 (Navajo Peak area) and I saw a spike next day, and that was it! Did not hunt the high country though, and I think alot of animals are still up there. Heard a few reports about bulls being taken up high. No snow and 60's during the day. Basically, it sucked.

2nd season was horrible... hunter numbers were up... elk numbers on public land was was down... Good luck! Hope for some weather or something to start pushing elk around. Also hope for less hunters runnin around road hunting on ATV's!

I was able to tag out, but deer numbers are down, hunters are up and weather was warm. Good luck to 3rd season.

nrueh

Hunted hard in 38 for deer. From opening Saturday until the following Saturday I only saw two bucks - and it was at night crossing the road. I was hunting high (9,000 and above) due to the warm weather and that was a mistake. I went low on Sunday and I saw about 20 deer. If I had more than just one morning to hunt down there I could have had a nice buck. Oh well. I've got 3rd season elk coming up.

Saw alot of doe, NO ELK, alot of winter kill, alot of hunters, one buck on public land & killed him, a small 2x2 @ 600 yds, TOO HOT!

We hunted in unit 62 and it was tough hunting. I was lucky enough to see 2 bulls on my hunt. The first one was opening morning in the thick stuff at 25 yards but I unable to get a shot.

I saw the second on Tuesday evening and was able to put him down. He is a 6x6 and scored 300. For the area we hunt he is a monster. I would post a pic if I knew how.

I want to see him - at the top of the page is "how to post a picture" - see if that helps.

I do not have my pictures on a server. I e-mailed it this site and they said they would host it for me. I'll get it up as soon as I here from them.

in 751 it wasn't too bad.

We filled 2 of 3 cow tags, and took a 6 pt buck that was on his way down ( teeth were basically nubs ), but my brother in law had never shot a mulie so he took the first he saw.

We also took a nice 10 pt, and fulfilled a buddies dream of a wall hanger.

It was warmer than we like, with mornings starting in the low 30's, and afternoons approaching 60ish. But there still seemed to be alot of game movement.

hello yotebuster-

Could you tell me your general impression of unit 751?

Were you hunting public?

We had put in for that unit on our second choice, but did not draw and I wondered what you thought about the area?

Just want to know in general, was it open or very treed? Are there areas to get away from the roads and still be on public ground?

thanks,

Hope this works. Was hunting second season unit 62 and he was the second of 2 bulls I saw in 4 days of hunting. He's not a monster, but I am sure proud of him.

491739590549d435.jpg

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom