SF132

W

wyowill

Haven't heard much about this bill that is now in the Senate. Can anyone tell me something about this bill. Hunting with suppressors?

After a drawn out battle in the Wyoming legislature the House voted today to overwhelmingly pass SF0132 to allow hunting with suppressors in Wyoming. Our lobbyist Todd Rathner worked very closely with the NRA, Wyoming Sportsmen For Fish and Wildlife, and Wyoming Gun Owners to strip out a bad amendment to the bill, which would have made it legal to only hunt varmints with suppressors. This damaging anti-gun amendment was supported by the Wyoming Game Wardens Association and the AFL-CIO Sportsmen?s Alliance which is an anti-gun front group for the left wing union.

BUT the work is NOT finished!!! It is critical that if you live, work or hunt in Wyoming you MUST contact Governor Matt Mead and politely ask him to sign SF0132 as soon as possible. He has only until THIS Saturday to sign, veto, or allow it to become law without his signature. We would prefer that he sign it making a bold statement about the benefits of hunting with suppressors.

PLEASE stop what you are doing and take a moment to email and call the governor's office and ask him to please sign SF0132. Our opponents will be asking him to veto it so we must get as many calls and emails in as possible.

Emaill Governor Matt Mead at: [email protected]
Call Governor Matt Mead at: (307) 777-7434
E-Form: http://governor.wy.gov/contactUs/Pages/default.aspx

Hey GunLobbyist---I see you're real good at C/Ping. Three posts since registering on the site and all the same post!!! Who in the haydes needs a silencer to go hunting?

LAST EDITED ON Feb-14-13 AT 04:32PM (MST)[p]Typical of the gun lobby...use hunters to further their money-making machine and agenda when its to their advantage.

Then turn around and say the Second has nothing to do with hunting when its inconvienent for them.

Gunlobbyist is about to get sized for the 3XL asshat he deserves to wear.

Fire those emails up and make phone calls to Meade...tell him that silencers use for hunters needs to be addressed by hunters, not paid lobbyists.

Tell him to VETO this turd of a bill.

Hmm this bill was supported by hunters and opposed only by the fish cops and remarkably the unions. Why not hunt with a silencer? It's 100+ year old technology. What's the big deal?

You Fudds better get it together because they are coming for your "sniper rifles" too! The Fish Cops latest complaint is about "scope technology" claiming it allows us to kill deer at 600+ yards. You don't think that will lead to these bozo's going after your guns too?

Hell getting advice on the internet of where to hunt is a technological advancement they may start to attack next. What about using Google Earth for scouting?

Silencers are just a tool to protect hearing a reduce ambient noise. Hunters better stick together or we will lose the sport we love.

NOT ONE SINGLE HUNTER TESTIFIED AGAINST THIS BILL. NOT ONE.

Listen up closely Gunlobbyist,

Let hunters sort out hunting issues. Stick to asshats and peddling your BS to people that dont know any better. The "fudds" have done nicely without your silencer agenda and help when it comes to wildlife management for the last 100 years or so.

I'll gladly support your right to own a silencer, all day long, when you leave the decision of using them for hunting up to the WYG&F and the Hunting Public.

Until then, you can shove your silencer bill. You have NO right to force your agenda on the hunting public...period.

Hunters are not a pawn to be used in your agenda to make money...doubt you're even from Wyoming. BTW, which wildlife orgs. do you support and belong to? How many hunting and fishing licenses do you purchase annually? How many G&F meetings do you attend every year? How much money did you contribute to access last year?

Nice arguement that silencers save your hearing...so do earplugs.

I can hardly wait for your next post...

>Listen up closely Gunlobbyist,
>
>Let hunters sort out hunting issues.
>Stick to asshats and peddling
>your BS to people that
>dont know any better. The
>"fudds" have done nicely without
>your silencer agenda and help
>when it comes to wildlife
>management for the last 100
>years or so.
>
>I'll gladly support your right to
>own a silencer, all day
>long, when you leave the
>decision of using them for
>hunting up to the WYG&F
>and the Hunting Public.
>
>Until then, you can shove your
>silencer bill. You have NO
>right to force your agenda
>on the hunting public...period.
>
>Hunters are not a pawn to
>be used in your agenda
>to make money...doubt you're even
>from Wyoming. BTW, which wildlife
>orgs. do you support and
>belong to? How many hunting
>and fishing licenses do you
>purchase annually? How many G&F
>meetings do you attend every
>year? How much money did
>you contribute to access last
>year?
>
>Nice arguement that silencers save your
>hearing...so do earplugs.
>
>I can hardly wait for your
>next post...

Wow you are an angry person. Have you been evaluated for mental capacity to own a firearm? If not you should consider it.

You make a lot of wild assumptions about me.

I have been a hunter all my life. I buy hunting licenses in many states every year. I have contributed countless hours to everything from water guzzler projects to raising literally hundreds of thousands of dollars to access, habitat, and translocation projects. The PR taxes paid on silencers only help add to the pot of money to spend on conservation. Wake up and stick together.

If guys like me left things up to the "Fudds" who think you don't need anything more than a 30-30 in your gun safe we would own NO GUNS today. Again please WAKE UP!

My record on conservation is stellar and I am proud of it. Google me anytime you like and you will see...

- Todd J. Rathner

Too bad you dont understand that issues involving the second and hunting are mutually exclusive.

The NRA has been telling me that for decades...its not about my deer rifle or shotgun...remember?

I'll defend your right, or anyones right, to own firearms, silencers, etc.

But, neither are a hunting issue...and thats a fact.

Its lame and hypocritical for you and the NRA to claim silencers are about hunting...and its a fuggin' lie to boot.

You cant have it both ways Todd...you're proudly sporting that asshat.

>Too bad you dont understand that
>issues involving the second and
>hunting are mutually exclusive.
>
>The NRA has been telling me
>that for decades...its not about
>my deer rifle or shotgun...remember?
>
>
>I'll defend your right, or anyones
>right, to own firearms, silencers,
>etc.
>
>But, neither are a hunting issue...and
>thats a fact.
>
>Its lame and hypocritical for you
>and the NRA to claim
>silencers are about hunting...and its
>a fuggin' lie to boot.
>
>
>You cant have it both ways
>Todd...you're proudly sporting that asshat.
>

No organization has done more to support hunters than the NRA. None.

Ultimately the 2A is about defense against tyranny. But it supports all other legitimate uses of firearms as an ancillary benefit.

But allowing the left to divide us into hunters and non-hunters is VERY dangerous.

LAST EDITED ON Feb-14-13 AT 06:01PM (MST)[p]Googled him and saw all I need to know in about two minutes. The pictures alone show him hobnobing with about every bigshot there is, including Nugent and Cheney and that's not my cup of tea. At least he's on his own now as a lobbyist and my NRA dues or contributions aren't going towards passing this Bill!
Todd J. Rathner - Meet the NRA Leadership
www.meetthenra.org/nra-member/Todd J. Rathner
Todd J. Rathner is a gun rights lobbyist in the Arizona state legislature and the owner of an African safari hunting company.

Edit: Just sent my email to the Governor asking for a veto of this stupid Bill!

No organization has done more to support hunters than the NRA. None.

Dude...seriously?

I'll be needing some proof of the number of acres of habitat they've conserved, the amount of money they've spent on wildlife management, etc.

Thats the biggest bunch of BS I've ever read on the internet...

What a joke.

"Suppressors make for much better neighbors". Does that mean you do most of your hunting off your back porch?

Did you really create a Wikipedia page for yourself?

LAST EDITED ON Feb-14-13 AT 06:10PM (MST)[p]"Ultimately the 2A is about defense against tyranny." That's what it WAS about it. An AR isn't going to do squat as long as the government has a few of these (en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Mk_6_nuclear_bomb.jpg) and the general public doesn't.

So Gunlobbyist you state that the "AFL-CIO Sportsmen?s Alliance which is an anti-gun front group for the left wing union" Let me help you! It's the "Wyoming Federation of Union Sportsmen" And you say they are anti gun. That explains why they have an annual Month of Guns Raffle every year during the month of August and give away a gun every day for a month. Thats anti gun! Their hunting and fishing program on the outdoor channel called Brotherhood Outdoors, that's anti gun as well. The IBEW Local Union Big Buck contest is anti gun. Get it straight, union members hunt and fish and care deeply about their gun rights, but didn't feel that silencers belonged in the hunting sport. The WFUS understatnds that the game and fish department needs to be well funded in order to continue to provide good quality game management and access to areas containing good game populations. Each of the groups you mentioned supporting the silencer bill spoke against funding the game and fish at every committee meeting and lobbyed against the Wildlife Trust and Conservation Easments. Your groups are truly a sportsmans dream. Game and fish have not had a funding increase for four years and any funding bill passing this year would not have taken place till 2014, that's 6 years without and increase. Now by your groups actions it will be a minumum of 8 years before they have a revenue increase. Explain that to your memberships as their quality of hunting continues to go south.

>So Gunlobbyist you state that the
>"AFL-CIO Sportsmen?s Alliance which is
>an anti-gun front group for
>the left wing union" Let
>me help you! It's the
>"Wyoming Federation of Union Sportsmen"
>And you say they are
>anti gun. That explains why
>they have an annual Month
>of Guns Raffle every year
>during the month of August
>and give away a gun
>every day for a month.
>Thats anti gun! Their hunting
>and fishing program on the
>outdoor channel called Brotherhood Outdoors,
>that's anti gun as well.
>The IBEW Local Union Big
>Buck contest is anti gun.
>Get it straight, union members
>hunt and fish and care
>deeply about their gun rights,
>but didn't feel that silencers
>belonged in the hunting sport.
>The WFUS understatnds that the
>game and fish department needs
>to be well funded in
>order to continue to provide
>good quality game management and
>access to areas containing good
>game populations. Each of the
>groups you mentioned supporting the
>silencer bill spoke against funding
>the game and fish at
>every committee meeting and lobbyed
>against the Wildlife Trust and
>Conservation Easments. Your groups are
>truly a sportsmans dream. Game
>and fish have not had
>a funding increase for four
>years and any funding bill
>passing this year would not
>have taken place till 2014,
>that's 6 years without and
>increase. Now by your groups
>actions it will be a
>minumum of 8 years before
>they have a revenue increase.
>Explain that to your memberships
>as their quality of hunting
>continues to go south.

You support hunters and want fee increases during a recession? If your members knew you want to ding them even harder to support an gov't agency what would they think?

You people came up with NOT ONE biologically sound reason to not allow hunting with silencers. You came up with ZERO ethical reasons. That is why you lost. I look forward to beating you again in other states, on other issues.

"I look forward to beating you again in other states, on other issues."

So how many other websites did you register on today to tell everyone how great you are? IMHO lobbyists should be run right out of this country as they are a major cause of various problems this country faces today! PS: It hasn't been signed into law yet booby!!!

LAST EDITED ON Feb-14-13 AT 07:16PM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Feb-14-13 AT 07:15?PM (MST)

LAST EDITED ON Feb-14-13 AT 07:14?PM (MST)

If you're so sure you're going to win...why did you bother to come on a hunting board and ask hunters to contact Gov. Mead?

Also, just curious if the Brady Bill and the AWB were also "wins" for you and the NRA?

Not every issue comes down to a biological reason...or even ethical reason.

This one comes down to a states rights issue, and keeping you and the NRA out of State Business.

The states retain the absolute right to manage wildlife within their borders...and that includes the right to put limits on equipment, season length, bag limits, etc.

Something you and the NRA fail miserably to grasp.

This is exactly why the NRA has also failed their "big tent" approach trying to attract hunters. Its also why such a small percentage of gun owners belong to the NRA, and why an even smaller percentage of hunters belong to the NRA. Neither you, nor the NRA know chit from clay about the issues facing wildlife or hunting.

If you think you "won" by getting a silencer bill passed...you have no idea of what the definition of a win really is.

What you've accomplished by your display here, through a lack of regard for the Residents of Wyoming, is to cement the complete lack of understanding that the NRA has when it comes to hunting issues. It furthers what a majority of the hunting public already knows, that the NRA really doesnt care about states rights, hunters, or wildlife.

Congratulations?

Now run along...you're making yourself look more idiotic with every post.

Motoxd,

In your post you stated: "Each of the groups you mentioned supporting the silencer bill spoke against funding the game and fish at every committee meeting and lobbyed against the Wildlife Trust and Conservation Easments."

I don't know who you are but I do know that you are factually incorrect in this statement as I am the person which lobbies for WY SFW. While WY SFW did oppose license fee increases this year, never once did we lobby against the Wildlife Trust or Conservation Easements! As for the other group which was pushing for SF0132, I do not recall if they weighed in on the G&F license fee increases or not; however, I seriously doubt they would have even been following the Wildlife Trust or Conservation Easement legislation as they have been working tirelessly on HB0103, HB0104 and HB0105.

As I said in testimony, once our members are convinced that the G&F has done their due diligence in cutting wasteful programs, increasing efficiencies and identified new ways in which to generate revenues; if they are still short in their funding needs, we will rally around getting them the necessary funding increases warranted. Until that time, we will be opposed to increasing license fees or creating any general fund revenue stream.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom