Sheep Pedestal Mount

nvnative79

Does anybody have any pictures of one of these mounts? I am getting ready to start my mount and wanted to see if you guys have any ideas. The pedestal I am having built is a hexagon, 24" wide and 32" tall made out of wormy maple. I am thinking of putting one of my dead heads in with the habitat seen. Thanks Ryan

Not mine, but still pretty cool. (sorry, couldn't resist jims)

45f6cb0e29f89287.jpg

45f6cb422a453ee5.jpg

Thanks guys for the replies. Ramslam awesome trophy room I would love to have a room that big. My mount is probably going to look like your dall mount except with a deadhead below the mount with the rocks. I will post a picture when I get it done. Hopefully it wont be to long. Thanks again and keep the pictures coming. Ryan

couesfever, awesome mount. If I ever get another tag I am going to do a full body mount also, I don't know where I will put it. One question I have for you is how big is your pedestal? Thanks Ryan

Ryan,
I have a picture out of a Jonas Taxidermy Supply catelog of a great Bighorn pedestal mount, but I don't know how to get it to you in an email. I actually used the same form on my Bighorn mount only I had it modified into a wall mount with some habitat with it. One thing I wish I would have done was had the taxidermist modify the form so the nose of the sheep was raised up a little more than it is. To me sheep always look better with their nose raised up. It tends to make them look more impressive and shows off their horns. Just my opinion!
You got a pig of a ram, and it sounds like you know what you want. I love the idea of having the dead head at the base! Make sure you get us pictures when it is done. I'll try to get that picture scanned and send it to you.
Rick

Here is one that my taxi in NM did. It his personal ram taken with a muzzle stuffer. Carl Chavez of Los Lunas.

45fc0f9a26946ab3.jpg

Ryan,
I don't know how to attach a picture to this message board, so I emailed you an attached picture of the pedestal mount I was talking about. Let me know if you don't get it and I will try again.
Rick

79, My pedestal is about 36'' tall and 30'' across the top. It also has a small door in it that I store magazine's and photo's in.

Couesfever, The pedestal I am having built is going to be 32" tall and 24" wide. I wanted to have some glass put in the front of it and put my deadhead and a couple of chukar in that with a habitat seen but the pedestal wasn't big enough. Thanks for all the replies everyone. Ryan

LAST EDITED ON Mar-20-07 AT 08:17PM (MST)[p]nvnative79 - This is a picture of my ram that we are just getting ready to start on the habitat. We are not doing a pedestal, but just a large rock. I can't wait to see yours. I will post mine when it is done.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom