Sitka vs Kuiu Packs

MIG

Alright guys, I'm looking at buying the Sitka Bivy 45. Does anyone have any experience with this pack? I am also looking at the new Kuiu Ultra packs. Any advice or help will be appreciated. The pack will be used for backcountry hunts and hauling game out to.

Sitka pack will sit off your back and breathe better.
Thats about the only plus that the Sitka gets over the Kuiu.

The Kuiu belt, shoulder straps, and pack weight are better.

My son uses a Sitka pack as a day pack, and a Kuiu as his multi day trip pack.

If you do a ton of hot weather, day hiking, the Sitka is nice.

I have a Sitka Bivy 45 that is almost new. PM me know if you are interested. I used it on one elk and 1 turkey hunt.

I bought the KUIU Icon Pro 1850 and the Ultra 6000. Will use the 6000 for backpack hunts, leave my gear in it and switch the frame to the 1850 once camp is set up. I only used the 1850 this season and got to pack out some elk meat and it worked great. Was able to easily adjust the pack to slide the meat between the frame and pack and also added about 15 lbs of the other guys gear that they couldn't fit on their packs. All in all I am really happy with my pack setup.

Sorry been out hunting. Yes. The frame can fit on all the packs which was nice to be able to buy just 1 frame and 2 packs!

Nevermind as I got a flyer in the mail noting the online sale. Might have to do some Christmas shopping for myself!!!

Just got an email which noted KUIU packs are 30% off today so if anyone is in the market, might want to jump on it as I believe it is limited to stock on-hand. Go to their website and go to the blog for a link. I love my 1850 Icon Pro for a day pack and also packed out meat this year and it worked great.

Thanks for all the input guys. Sorry for the late response. I got dicked around by Kuiu for a while with in stock items and not in stock etc. I ended up pulling the trigger on a tenzing 6000

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom