Skunked in Unit 23 NM!

C

cormanaz

Well, back from 5 days of hunting in unit 23 of NM. Hunting was horrible. Only saw 6 doe's the entire time. Heard that one hunter way done low got a small 2 point. that's it. I guess we picked abad area to go to. Oh well. The adventure was fun. Over the 5 days, we managed to see well over 100 Turkeys, a rocky MTN Big Horn at about 60 yards, and we stumbled accross a rather large Black Bear. I mean that bear was no more than 20 feet from us. He sniffed the air, and bolted back down the hill, good thing to. I think it was Thursday night, we heard a MTN Lion not far from us, take something down. We did take a few minutes on Friday to go looking for signs, found only paw prints and a patch of ground that you tell some animal had a real bad day after that lion grabbed hold. I think next year if AZ gives us squat, then were heading for CO....

Corman

Sorry the hunt was a bust. You at least feel better if you see bucks and lots of does. I bet it was great to be that close to the bear. Could you have bought an over the counter tag? Better luck next year...... Allen......

SORRY..U DIDN'T GET ANYTHING....AT LEAST U SAW SOMETHING AND FRIEND OF MY GOT BIG MULE DEER 3X3 NEAR RED ROCK....FRIDAY (15TH)EVENING....SAID ONLY SAW 2 BUCK AND LESS THAN 20 DOE TOO....SO UR NOT ONLY ONE...

HOPE U CAN COME BACK HUNTING IN NM AGAIN..

VINIHUNT

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom