>rain and snow better give
>it a break. Wyoming has
>had severe flooding. Damns are
>breaking in Wyoming and North
>Dakota. People are dying. Towns
>are out of water. But
>you boys just keep on
>praying for rain :)

Bolt ? I don't think their praying has anything to do with it.

>>Huh? You boys still wishing for
>>snow? Cause the deer in
>>CO, UT, WY, and ID
>>could really use a break.
>>
>
>
>Yep. I am. They could also
>really use some food next
>year. And the fish need
>water.
>
>Let it snow, let it snow,
>let it snow.

Dead deer don't eat....

waterless people don't either....

497fc2397b939f19.jpg

GOODWIN: Dems really do love Republicans -- when they're dead...

LAST EDITED ON Mar-21-19 AT 03:05PM (MST)[p]Bolt most of Utah and Wyoming for the most part are on different storm tracks. Wyoming had a good year last year so there reservoirs had a good amount of water coming into this winter that is why they are having trouble. Most of Utah reservoirs wear in bad shape coming into winter big difference. Look at post 75 I pointed out the amount of water in a few reservoirs. Yesterday I talked to a board member of our local irrigation board and as of yesterday the snowpack moisture count for our drainage was behind 2016/17 numbers so this year is not of exceptional as many think he also said if this storm we get this week is good it probably would put the counts over 16/17.
My point is we are one long dry spell and the water year will be normal to below normal.
So yes I will keep praying.

>waterless people don't either....
>
>
>
>
497fc2397b939f19.jpg

>GOODWIN: Dems really do love Republicans
>-- when they're dead...

And who created the water crisis where you are? It was unavoidable fate handed to you by the thunder gods???

Southwest Wyoming was really dry last year. The reason the reservoirs had water in them is good management and no golf courses,

Tearing out every golf course would be a great start towards water conservation. We can go do it after hours in the dark. Everyone post your nightly results here.

>Tearing out every golf course would
>be a great start towards
>water conservation. We can go
>do it after hours in
>the dark. Everyone post your
>nightly results here.

Just think if you closed every course in Vegas and Phoenix.They could fill lake Powell and Mead in 1 year.

Ha Ha Great idea, then all the guys that use to be golfers will take up hunting. You think there is a lot of people on the mountain now..................stand by

Most of the guys I know that golf wouldn't last two minutes on a backpack hunt. As soon as they get dirt under the fingernail they bail out.

The mule deer around my place are doing very good considering all the weather we've had.. south slopes have been bare because the wind blowing the snow off most of the winter so the critters find something to eat..see a few winter kills in the last month but not as bad as 2 years ago..

In SE Wyoming we are above normal on snowpack in all drainages. I was out over the weekend and looked at lots of country. The critters all look good and we should make it through. The only exception of note is the Shirley Mountains NW of Medicine Bow and SW of Casper. They had deep early snow and we will have some losses there.

I was at a Wyo Game and Fish season setting meeting Monday night and they said there won't be any significant adjustments to seasons in this area. Pretty much the same except for some tweaks to the cow elk seasons in area 7 and cutting doe antelope licenses in some places. Antelope and deer numbers are below objectives in many areas, but they are taking a "wait and see approach."

>Most of the guys I know
>that golf wouldn't last two
>minutes on a backpack hunt.
> As soon as they
>get dirt under the fingernail
>they bail out.

Most? Some of those old fellers were humping those hills 30 years ago. Some still do sometimes. I love when people share their criminal fantasies on the web

Bluehair

Splitting my time time between the winter and summer range......

>Wasn?t talking about the old fellers.
>
No worries. I must have been overcome with emotion to defend golfers. I should have just said property destruction isn't cool.

And the bluehair handle hasn't been around this place for 10 or 15 years. There must be a qualitative filter that purged him. If you have no life, traces still exist if you search the archives ;-). i had to search myself to make sure who I was.

Back on topic, another winter storm warning this week in SW Colo. A nice article in the Durango paper about clearing the avalanches around Silverton. Sounds like access to Animas Forks might not happen til July. Call before you go jeepin.

Bluehair
May you live long enough to cash in those preference points. Amen

Down here in St. George Utah it snowed on the mountain just above me here. It is almost June. It is usually 90? here. It is forecasted to rain for the next four days. All the guys that have lived here for a long time or expecting huge antlers on the Kiabab this year.

The snow has not melted from the top of the peaks behind town. It is usually snow free a month ago.

We are planning to take the Boy Scouts hiking there. But the trip at the end of June will not be able to happen on top of the peak. The snow will not be melted by then.

Yesterday at church a cute old lady prayed for some more rain. If we get anymore her house will float away. Time to start praying for normal desert conditions.

The weather patterns from December until now have been absolutely perfect. Exactly what we (and the animals) have needed in Utah.

I've loved every bit of it. And the animals (and your lawns) are going to love it too.

I get that we need a surplus some years. But the little ol lady doesnt get these points....

1. This is the desert. When you live in the desert and pray for more rain even when we are 300% of normal then you are a dumbazz.
2. This is not Seattle. If you want more trees and rain then move there. I moved here to enjoy the desert and the sun. Hot, dry, desert, is normal.
3. All the plants and animals here love the sun, dry, hot, desert....that is why they live here and not in Seattle.
4. Her generation has sold too much water to Las Vegas and LA. And her generation established alfalfa farms that use 70% of the water in the state.
5. If you dump water on alfalfa and then complain you are running out of water to drink...you sir...are a dumbazz.

Hey, on another note. We GOT A FRESH FOOT OF SNOW ABOVE TOWN LAST NIGHT!!!!! LOL THIS IS CRAZY

WHERE IN THE HELL IS GLOBAL WARMING!!! COME ON! LETS GET WARMER ALREADY!!

>I get that we need a
>surplus some years.
>But the little ol lady
>doesnt get these points....
>
>1. This is the desert.
> When you live in
>the desert and pray for
>more rain even when we
>are 300% of normal then
>you are a dumbazz.
>2. This is not Seattle.
>If you want more trees
>and rain then move there.
> I moved here to
>enjoy the desert and the
>sun. Hot, dry, desert,
>is normal.
>3. All the plants and
>animals here love the sun,
>dry, hot, desert....that is why
>they live here and not
>in Seattle.
>4. Her generation has sold
>too much water to Las
>Vegas and LA. And
>her generation established alfalfa farms
>that use 70% of the
>water in the state.
>5. If you dump water
>on alfalfa and then complain
>you are running out of
>water to drink...you sir...are a
>dumbazz.
>
>
>Hey, on another note. We
>GOT A FRESH FOOT OF
>SNOW ABOVE TOWN LAST NIGHT!!!!!
> LOL THIS IS CRAZY
>
>
>WHERE IN THE HELL IS GLOBAL
>WARMING!!! COME ON!
>LETS GET WARMER ALREADY!!

I lived in St. George for 23 years and believe me, you better pray for every drop of water you can get. Even the desert needs water and I've seen some very dry years there. Seattle or not, Washington County should have closed the gate on people moving there back in the mid-90's. It was about the perfect place to live before all the azzholes moved in. Everyone knew everyone and you could get away from crowds. Now for such a small town there's sure a lot of azzholes. That's why I finally had to move away.

There's a reason they are trying to build a pipeline from Lake Powell and it sure as hell ain't because there's too much rain.

>
>I lived in St. George for
>23 years and believe me,
>you better pray for every
>drop of water you can
>get. Even the desert needs
>water and I've seen some
>very dry years there. Seattle
>or not, Washington County should
>have closed the gate on
>people moving there back in
>the mid-90's. It was about
>the perfect place to live
>before all the azzholes moved
>in. Everyone knew everyone and
>you could get away from
>crowds. Now for such a
>small town there's sure a
>lot of azzholes. That's why
>I finally had to move
>away.
>
>There's a reason they are trying
>to build a pipeline from
>Lake Powell and it sure
>as hell ain't because there's
>too much rain.

Your logic is horrible! At best!

Here are some fun points...
1. You yourself said you were here for 23 years. So, did you die or run out of water? No! We always get enough and we have water gushing and wasting down the rivers right now because the reservoirs are so full. Last month Gunlock reservoir OVERFLOWED!

2. You yourself said....the population has exploded in St George. And WE STILL HAVE ENOUGH WATER! AGAIN 70% OF THE WATER HERE GOES TO ALFALFA STILL! GROW THE ALFALFA UP NORTH AND WE CAN HAVE 1 MILLION + PEOPLE IN ST GEORGE JUST WITH THE WATER WE HAVE ALREADY!

3. The place is awesome. I tried to run a business down here years ago and couldnt because of the "good ol boys" giving each other contracts. I love it now. We have modern movie theatres, hospitals, airports, water systems, car dealerships and service centers, shopping areas, and more. The place has only gotten better with time.

4. I still have horses here. I ride them every week. I own horse property. This town is AWESOME! Best weather in the US....not too hot. Not too cold. Just enough water lol.

Too bad you turned sour and moved...the rest of us are here enjoying more sun than the rest of the country...no tornados...no earthquakes...some of the best deer hunting in the US...jet skis on Lake Powell, a booming economy...

And YES...we ARE ENJOYING THE DESERT! If you look back over the last 100 years this area gets it fair share and an average of 9 incehs of water. SO QUIT PRAYING AND WORRYING! IT WILL COME...and if it doesnt .... we invented this thingy called a pipe!

Quit acting surprised when the area that gets 8 inches of water.....gets and average of 8 inches of water...

And just so you know...it would happen with or without your prayers just like it did for thousands of years before some white guy moved here and started thinking he influenced weather patterns with his F150 and his prayers.

Hey Aspenhole, Gunlock Reservoir overflowing is no big deal. I've seen it happen half a dozen times. We used to scoop up catfish below the dam that were washed over. Watch how fast it can go from overflowing to half-pool. I've also seen it so dry that the dock was over a hundred feet from the waterline and no boats allowed. I watched the houses get sucked into the Santa Clara river and washed away because of a hundred year storm. There were three "hundred year" storms when I lived there and there still isn't enough water. I've seen upper and lower Enterprise reservoir dry more than once. When I was 16 we used to go mudding and collecting fishing gear in the bottom of those reservoirs. I've seen Quail creek so low you couldn't bath in it, and I was there on New Years eve when the dam broke. So much for that water.

About your failed business in St. George that you blame on the Good 'ole boys, the Good ole' boys will do business with anyone who isn't an azzhole so you might need a better excuse for that one. I promise you that the alfalfa fields don't use 70% of the water. Maybe if you combine the golf courses and swimming pools with that. About the pipeline thingy you invented, low end estimates for the water pipeline from Lake Powell are $1.5 billion so you can guarantee it will be at least double that. By the time it's built there won't be any water left to pipe.

And about those boy scouts you are going to molest on Pine Valley Mountain, just because it's alright with BSA don't make it legal.

Yes, Washington County used to be the greatest place to live there was and I'd still be there if hadn't of gotten swamped by assholes and Californians. I still visit and I still hunt there. I even chose the early Pine Valley rifle hunt again this year with my lifetime license. So maybe I'll run into your Scout troop there :)

On a final note, you better not lip off to that ole' lady in church, she might be an Ence and would surely kick your azz.

10285img0675.jpg

A milestone, we finally dropped below our normal peak. I'm sure glad I live next to an alfalfa field. The deer like it. ;-)

The horse only looked dead.

Bluehair
May you live long enough to cash in those preference points. Amen

>Hey Aspenhole, Gunlock Reservoir overflowing is
>no big deal. I've seen
>it happen half a dozen
>times. We used to scoop
>up catfish below the dam
>that were washed over. Watch
>how fast it can go
>from overflowing to half-pool.
>I've also seen it so
>dry that the dock was
>over a hundred feet from
>the waterline and no boats
>allowed. I watched the houses
>get sucked into the Santa
>Clara river and washed away
>because of a hundred year
>storm. There were three "hundred
>year" storms when I lived
>there and there still isn't
>enough water. I've seen upper
>and lower Enterprise reservoir dry
>more than once. When I
>was 16 we used to
>go mudding and collecting fishing
>gear in the bottom of
>those reservoirs. I've seen Quail
>creek so low you couldn't
>bath in it, and I
>was there on New Years
>eve when the dam broke.
>So much for that water.
>
>
>About your failed business in St.
>George that you blame on
>the Good 'ole boys, the
>Good ole' boys will do
>business with anyone who isn't
>an azzhole so you might
>need a better excuse for
>that one. I promise
>you that the alfalfa
>fields don't use 70% of
>the water. Maybe if you
>combine the golf courses and
>swimming pools with that.
>About the pipeline thingy you
>invented, low end estimates for
>the water pipeline from Lake
>Powell are $1.5 billion so
>you can guarantee it will
>be at least double that.
>By the time it's built
>there won't be any water
>left to pipe.
>
>And about those boy scouts you
>are going to molest on
>Pine Valley Mountain, just because
>it's alright with BSA don't
>make it legal.
>
>Yes, Washington County used to be
>the greatest place to live
>there was and I'd still
>be there if hadn't of
>gotten swamped by assholes and
>Californians. I still visit and
>I still hunt there. I
>even chose the early Pine
>Valley rifle hunt again this
>year with my lifetime license.
>So maybe I'll run into
>your Scout troop there :)
>
>
>On a final note, you better
>not lip off to that
>ole' lady in church, she
>might be an Ence and
>would surely kick your azz.
>

Ahhhh so cute that redeyeboober wants to continue this tirade. Your lack of a high school diploma continues to oooze from your skillfully chosen words lol.

Lets try this a third time and see if it gets past your red eye...

1. You yourself were here for 23 years. We all had enough water. We still do.

2. Your prayers didnt change anything in regards to water content in the soil.

3. I love alfalfa. But lets grow it somewhere where they have an abundance of water. Northern Utah :)

4. Dont worry about my business in St George. I was smarter than the good ol boys. Parlayed my business....sold it to a good ol boy who paid too much. Used that cash to pick up a national company and grow it. So, thanks for your concern about my "failed business". That business allows me to live here in paradise and hunt whenever I want. LOL. Your concern lil redeyeboober is so sweet.

5. Please continue to show your class to the rest of us by responding here with your circumstantial evidence of drought and water. LOL just too funny :) ""One time I once saw some rain, lots of it"" so therefore....bla bla bla...conclusions based on delusions...from a real life redeyeboober

6. It has worked out for 15,376 years without your prayers. Just because you came along it aint gonna change lil redeyeboober. Your prayers. The prayers of the lil ol lady....aint gonna change it. Otherwise all the people in Seattle would get dry weather finally and all the people praying for rain in St George would get a rain forest finally....and all the flowers and deer could dance happily in the forest. But, it hasnt happened yet so START PRAYING HARDER! FRICK!!! Have some more faith or somethin' redeyeboober

LETS GO ALREADY! I want some water!

Look....bottom line is...we have enough water here to put up 1,000,000 + people. We just need to quit dumping it out of irrigation ditches. The wheel lines are twice as efficient.

Just spoke with a guy that was shed hunting south of G in Wyoming. Said there was another massive winter kill. Found a lot of dead deer again. Not like it was 4 years ago but about half as bad. Of course there are only half as many deer now so I guess as a percentage of the population that is just as bad....hmmm...anyway....those dead deer want to thank you for all your earnest prayers on behalf of the snow that now sits at 300% of normal.

Thanks redeyeboober

old lady member of your church prays for rain and you call her a dumbazz. class act. all that rain she prayed for in southern utah is now to blame for winterkill in g. mock her prayers and yet you still go to a church. sorry for the scouts you mentor. stay classy aa.

LAST EDITED ON May-22-19 AT 11:14AM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON May-22-19 AT 11:11?AM (MST)

I believe in the power of prayer. But I also believe that the Scriptures say repetitious prayer is a mockery of God. Therefore, people who continually pray for more water in the desert when we don't need more water are likely guilty of such. Teaching your kids to Paris mindlessly is worse than teaching them to pray at all .

You guys are making such a big deal about this. The point is we have too much water. Region G is less than half of what it used to be. And people are still praying for snow. If you are the one praying for it and you believe your prayers are the ones responsible for the snow then I guess we can thank you were killing all the deer. So in that case. Thank you very much :)

As for the Boy Scouts. Don?t worry about them. They are having fun in my wall tent. With a wood-burning stove. Eating ribeye steak. Learning about politics, Aristotle, talking sports, and learning to pray for things that they can actually influence. These boys are just fine. And if it's me you think that is causing them trouble then look at their debts. Half of them don't think it's worth getting off work to take their kid camping. These boys are getting more than they get at home. And as for the previous comment about molesting boys in the Boy Scouts. Pretty disgusting .

If you can do a better job then volunteer and do it yourself.

Otherwise keep staying at home on your couch with your little laptop.

You got love the guy that moves next to a dairy and then complains and want the dairy to move because they do not like the smell.
What do expect, "most people now days think milk comes from the grocery stores"
Or in aspens case the Alfalfa comes from the delivery truck.

Aspen,,,Yes rain can be a pain when it interferes with your plans I can see your main point on that.

Just a little clarification on one of your argument points for you.

Saint George is not a desert.

To be classified as a desert, said area must receive LESS than 10 inches of annual rain fall.

Depending on your source most places have Saint George at 10 inches or slightly above that.

Although some people who have never experienced a real desert might believe it is a desert.

And be carful because these church ladies are waiting for you!
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Yj-6nJCQYdo

I seriously doubt any storm we've seen since February has had any real impact on deer. Unless they melt in the rain.

>>I seriously doubt any storm we've
>>seen since February has had
>>any real impact on deer.
>>Unless they melt in the
>>rain.
>
>LOL, then you know little of
>deer.
>
>What happens in Wyoming when these
>spring storms come through.
>Drop snow. Wet snow.
> Then the top crusts
>over?
>
>This is actually the time of
>year when the deer get
>hit hardest! They are
>at an all time low
>for body fat. They
>have less fat now than
>they did in January.
>
>But, at this point my only
>point....was that it is funny
>that these people all keep
>praying for rain. At
>318% and they keep praying.
> Dam overflows...keep praying.
>
>
>Houses fell into the river up
>by Gunlock
>
>And they keep praying.
>
>Probably the same people that are
>afraid of Global Warming as
>people shovel snow off their
>driveways in Pine Valley and
>it is almost June.
>
>Keep praying...like it is the noble
>thing to do ... like
>the desert needs more rain....
>
>
>ITS A DESERT! IT
>DOESNT RAIN VERY MUCH!
> YOU CAN SAVE YOUR
>BREATH! LOL
>
>Geeeez...who knew you guys would get
>so but hurt over me
>saying stop praying for rain
>LOL!

All I know is the winter range throughout Utah has been bare of snow since march. But you can carry on your argument with yourself if you like.

keep staying classy aa. let that cute little old lady know you think she is a dumbazz the next time you see her. or are you just a blowhard on the net and not in real life?

Utah did not have a large winter kill. We did VERY well for deer survival this year, according to the official reports.

Why do you keep citing Region G, yet talk about Utah being a desert and for people in Utah to stop praying for rain in their Utah church meetings? ?

I was caught in a snow storm near Panguitch last night. The higher elevations got some to stick. The Sevier River is really cooking right now. Piute Reservoir was full today as I drove by. These are all positives. I hope we get good rain here in Utah all summer long. It would be nice to see that big salty lake gain in elevation. It would be really cool to see Antelope Peninsula become Antelope Island again.

I like water. We couldn't have had it any better than we did this winter in Utah. Thanks be to the Man Upstairs for our great winter in Utah this year.

Aspen "Who says I am acting stupid" I suppose you.
You seem to know everybody so well, even if you have never meet them.

Wyoming weather pattern is alot different than Utahs especially southern Utah. Last I saw Wyoming and Idaho was only normal to slightly above normal in there moisture count. Even most places in the extreme nortern Utah was only slightly above normal.
Yes Aspen we do live in a desert, so I will take what ever moisture that comes and hope we can store for the bad times.

Don?t confuse Aspen with facts.

Moisture totals for the year don't impact our reservoirs and lakes. It only impacts crops. Just ask him.

And St George weather is exactly like Region G. Just ask him.

LAST EDITED ON May-23-19 AT 10:52AM (MST)[p] Shadow that statement just proves how little you know about deer, smh

>LAST EDITED ON May-23-19
>AT 10:52?AM (MST)

>
> Shadow that statement just proves
>how little you know about
>deer, smh

I guess you're gonna tell me they melt in the rain then? Look, nobody can argue they're low on fat early spring but to try telling me I know nothing about deer because the snow melted, the winter range is bare and the rain is greening up the feed is disingenuous. Spring rain and good feed isn't good for animals? Smh.

Then your talking about a different winter range than I am, cause the first week of April wasn?t accessible by anything other than snowmobile, I'm talking about cache and rich counties,that area affects a huge deer herd

I think your in the wrong state maybe? The winter range in Cache has had very little snow this winter. A lot of it has been bare since March. The high country got it good, but all the deer I've been watching have been doing great. I've found one dead deer while out horn hunting this year and I usually find a LOT more than that. Utah had about as perfect a winter as a mule deer or a mule deer hunter could hope for this year.

So Coop, tell me which statement I made that proves me stupid about deer? Yes, I was in Cache Valley a number of time this winter/ early spring and there was a fair amount of snow (a thousand feet above the valley at least) but aside from few particular areas, the entire state had a designer winter. Southwest Wyoming was hit and miss. Some areas were hit hard, others hardly any snow. The Utah temperatures kept most sidehills pretty much melted off all winter so the snow didn't crust. So I guess you and I will just have to disagree as to why I think moisture and good feed is good for animals.

Yea I guess we will cause after shed horn hunting and seeing canyons full of rotting deer, talking to guys seeing the same, then yes we disagree

>Yea I guess we will cause
>after shed horn hunting and
>seeing canyons full of rotting
>deer, talking to guys seeing
>the same, then yes we
>disagree

You never did say why my line of thinking (open winter range, spring rain and good forage) is wrong.

Spring rain and forage is awesome!!!, just happened to be buried underneath snow til April so who benefits from that ? Answer that question

When you have year after year of below average precipitation as the southwest has, you need some huge water years to replenish the aquifers. Maybe Aspenhole just doesn't like to hear old ladies pray in church. Either way he's the biggest plick on here.

Aspen I have no idea where you get your information from but there is no spot in Utah or anywhere in the west that is close to 318 percent precipitation of normal. According to Snotell which is the official website for snow pack and moisture count has moisture count for the water year October 1 to May 22 high in Utah upper Sevier drainage and southeast drainage is at 155 percent of normal and the southwest drainage is at 149 percent. Bear river drainage in the northern part of the state was 113 percent.
Aspen most storms do not stretch from southern Utah to the Canadian border you like talking out your a@#.
If it is wetter than normal in the southern part of the United States then it is normaly drier than normal in the northern United States.
Last year northern Idaho,Wyoming and Montana was wetter than normal and Utah, Nevada and most of Colorado was drier than normal.
Show me any place that is 318 percent of normal, you do realize that would be like 3 years worth of moisture. If that happened we all would be building an Ark.

Cooper, that's interesting you're seeing that. That doesn't square with any reports I've read that are official or unofficial. All indications I've seen are that statewide the deer herd did VERY well this year. Cache/Rich basically had the lowest snow/water equivalent compared to normal years of any area in the state this year. That's too bad you've come across that. I still think overall, including in your area, this water is going to have a net positive for the animals.

Aspen, I'm not sure I've ever seen someone talk out both sides of their mouth as much as you are in this thread. And I read tristate?s posts sometimes. So that is saying something!

Yea, that's ok, im glad that other places are doing well, I'm going to have a bumper crop of first cut hay, just sad to see all of those dead deer and elk, it's great to hear that what you have read is promising, hopefully I was just seeing a bad spot of 40 miles of riding on horses for 5 days

LAST EDITED ON May-24-19 AT 11:33AM (MST)[p]>Aspen I have no idea where
>you get your information from
>but there is no spot
>in Utah or anywhere in
>the west that is close
>to 318 percent precipitation of
>normal. According to Snotell which
>is the official website for
>snow pack and moisture count
>has moisture count for the
>water year October 1 to
>May 22 high in Utah
>upper Sevier drainage and southeast
>drainage is at 155 percent
>of normal and the southwest
>drainage is at 149 percent.
>Bear river drainage in the
>northern part of the state
>was 113 percent.
>Aspen most storms do not stretch
>from southern Utah to the
>Canadian border you like talking
>out your a@#.
>If it is wetter than normal
>in the southern part of
>the United States then
>it is normaly drier than
>normal in the northern United
>States.
>Last year northern Idaho,Wyoming and Montana
>was wetter than normal and
>Utah, Nevada and most of
>Colorado was drier than normal.
>
>Show me any place that is
>318 percent of normal, you
>do realize that would be
>like 3 years worth of
>moisture. If that happened we
>all would be building an
>Ark.

68938b779880c272b45d6b1f336678b9545f4.jpeg

Another day has passed so the average has gone down. But it was anywhere from 318% yesterday up to 690%. Depending on what you're comparing it to. So there you go I was giving you the conservative low-end. We are swimming in it down here. If it wasn?t for the improvements they've have made since the big flood of 1983 then we would be having another one this year. The dams and other projects have really helped. However there have still been a few buildings washed into the river this year in some of the melting runoff.

Thanks for making me dig a little deeper. If you actually look at things Idaho has areas at 500% if you were looking at water. Southern Utah has areas at 1000% if you are looking at water. And southern Wyoming has areas that are about 250 to 500%. Anyway I don't have time right now to go through the data I am busy trying to get out of the office and spend my weekend in Las Vegas :)

Bottom line is we have so much water here right now the desert is beautifully green. And it's almost June :) crazy! On another note I heard the big and little Cottonwood Canyon is in Salt Lake City are closed for camping this weekend there is 3 feet of snow in some of them. I have never seen that happen in my 42 years. Then you have the Alpine Loop up American Fork Canyon is closed as well. I don't think I've ever seen that happen either. Still 5 to 6 feet of snow on the road. It's usually open with flowers right now. But keep telling me how it's no big deal :) oh yeah and keep praying with the old ladies at church for more :)

63074f4c77ab5da5a4fe7875c78b3b9cefaee.jpeg

383781e7ab09330d944f99f402b7a6f3aad6c.jpeg

572756adb856101164a2c81946381af31e713.jpeg

And you called me stupid.
You have no idea how to read the site you are on trust me there is no place in Utah that is 1000 percent of normal for the water year.
If you think percent can drop drastically over night, then that is proof of your intelligence.
Thanks man you broke my long day at work with that laugh.

>And you called me stupid.
>You have no idea how to
>read the site you are
>on trust me there is
>no place in Utah that
>is 1000 percent of normal
>for the water year.
>If you think percent can drop
>drastically over night, then that
>is proof of your intelligence.
>
>Thanks man you broke my long
>day at work with that
>laugh.

And you are the idiot. It changes every day you fool. You have one more day go by where they don't add water and the percentage for that time of year goes down. It changes literally every day. What a fool you must be. Do you think it changes weekly :) monthly :) what a turd

And you need to learn how to check it. Check for percentages of water. It doesn't matter how many inches of snow are left. What matters is what percentage of water has fallen in a certain area. Some snow has more water than others. Go ahead and look at the charts I took pictures of them so you can go look it up yourself little guy

Some sites have formulas that adjust for an anomaly called drift, and some don't.

Say you have 3 sites in one area and one site has its equipment caught in just the right conditions and said equipment at that one of the three sites gets buried
by blowing snow.

That one site throws the combined percentage of the 3 sites completely out of whack.

The main thing is do not panic.

I clearly stated drastically, I do know they change over night so do not get your little panties in a bind.
The numbers you are looking at is the snow inches on the ground for this time of year not MOISTURE PERCENTAGE for the ENTIRE WATER YEAR STARTING ON OCTOBER 1.

I'd Bet We've got more Precip in the last Week than We've had in a long time?

Gotta make up for last year!:D

I know so many people in so many places
They make allot of money but they got sad faces

It Ain't Easy being Me!:D:D:D

Some of the numbers are moisture content some of them are percent of snow for this time of year. Either way you old boys keep praying for rain with the old ladies and convince yourselves that the only reason St George has water is because of your sweet prayers :)

>Some of the numbers are moisture
>content some of them are
>percent of snow for this
>time of year. Either way
>you old boys keep praying
>for rain with the old
>ladies and convince yourselves that
>the only reason St George
>has water is because of
>your sweet prayers :)

I've yet to hear anyone on this site say the only reason St. George has water is because of their prayers. You mocked an old lady who was praying in church, yet you are a Scout leader to a bunch of young boys. I feel sorry for them. After reading all these posts it seems unanimous that you are seen as an azzhole. Probably even more so than Tristate. The reason you haven't seen more water in 42 years is because you can't see the water when your head is up your ass. Southern Utah has had lots of water, it's been a great weather year state wide, but 300% is bullchit!

How long have you lived in St. George? Definitely not long enough to know the weather patterns. You seem to be astounded just because Gunlock is overflowing. That alone tells me you haven't been there long.

What part of California did you say you are from?

LAST EDITED ON May-25-19 AT 08:45AM (MST)[p]Keep praying red eye bob. You have a mouth an constantly attack people. You have no desire to discuss actual facts or water percentages or deer mortality from a hard winter.

You do like to run your mouth like the guys on ?grumpy old men?.

You are wrong about a lot of things lil ol redeyeboobie. I was born and raised my lil friend.

Then add to the story here the water manager for St George city lives across the street from me. Went out with him and some guys Tuesday. Had a great discussion about the water in the reservoirs and how the are dumping it to make room. So we are beyond capacity.

And twolies, look at the data you guys asked for. You are the joke lil twolies. What fact would you like to discuss? Or you just gonna flap yor lil yapper like usual :)

I am going to get back to praying for more because 300% just isn't enough.

We got more snow down to 6000 feet yesterday lol.... Keep praying!!

Let's see if we can pray hard enough to keep the canyons closed for the Fourth of July as well. You guys are awesome.

I've never seen someone hoping to remain in drought conditions before this thread. This is a desert. We don't want water. We want it dry.

It has truly been amazing to watch unfold. I guess it takes all types to make up this grand world of ours.

Are we going to be hoping for increased violent crime and expanded world hunger while we're at it?

LAST EDITED ON May-25-19 AT 09:14AM (MST)[p]>I've never seen someone hoping to
>remain in drought conditions before
>this thread. This is a
>desert. We don't want water.
>We want it dry.
>
>It has truly been amazing to
>watch unfold. I guess it
>takes all types to make
>up this grand world of
>ours.
>
>Are we going to be hoping
>for increased violent crime and
>expanded world hunger while we're
>at it?

It's like moving to Seattle and then praying it will dry up. It's like moving to southern Utah and praying it will Greenup like Seattle. We are receiving 300% of normal water. Do you want to keep praying for more? Point was meant to be funny but at this point it's gotten quite retarded. It's just funny to be sitting in church and hearing people pray for more. The canyons are shut down for memorial day. You can't drive up American Fork Canyon over the top. There?s a fresh foot of snow on Pine Mountain and people are going to pray for more tomorrow. I think you are idiots for praying for more. Houses have a literally falling into the river. Just above Gunlock.

Are you seriously going to pray for more this Sunday at church :)

Did you read the last post about how I went to dinner with the water manager of the city and they say there's so much water they are dumping it down the river. It's just a point to here ...why are you praying for more and more and more and more. At some point when does your gut say OK you guys are idiots

Bridges washed out. Houses are floating away. And people are praying for more LOL

I am the one guy saying the sky is not falling. We don't need to pray for more. We?re not in a drought. And everybody is saying I'm crazy. LOL how about we teach these kids to pray for things that really matter like the little girl down the street with cancer. Praying for more water when we have 300% and our neighbors house is floating down the river seems like we are asking these kids to do something stupid. But then you are if you're doing it so go for it

LAST EDITED ON May-25-19 AT 09:02AM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON May-25-19 AT 08:59?AM (MST)

>I want to here some more
>local knowledge about region g
>from some Asswipe Utard who
>lives in St George.

You are an idiot. At least I have 100 there. You can never have an opinion on China. You can never have an opinion on the economy because you're not in economist. You can never have an opinion on mustard because you haven't made any. What an idiot you must be. Seriously just completely retarded to the point you pick your own boogers and think it's a steak dinner.

People who can read reports can see that region G is way way way down. I've been donating money to the cause. I'm sure as hell going to make sure I understand what's going on. It's my favorite place to hunt. I had visit more every year than probably some of the people that live in the valley below. A lot of the people there don't even go up into the mountains. They sit in Jackson hole and drink their Starbucks cup of coffee. I spent three weeks there this year in the back country. Over the last 15 years I've spent plenty of time. It's like saying that found her here doesn't have a right to say anything about it because he doesn't live there. Didn?t he scout like 30 days this year or something? I think he has a better handle on the deer herd there then the biologists. But he can't say anything because he doesn't have a Doublewide like you.

If you truly want a local guy that knows what's going on with the deer herd then all you need to do is get on nontypical outfitters website and read about how the deer herd has been crushed. Then you can have an opinion about whether or not he caused it. But the bottom line is the tough weather this spring has really caused some more problems. Lots of cold weather late spring with snow is not good for fawn propagation.

The real factor up there is the winter. Especially late in the winter when you get a crust on the snow. That happened this spring.

But what do I know :) I don't have a Doublewide like you sitting in La Barge :)

>Btw ASSwipe the camp grounds up
>the Cottonwoods in Salt Lake
>didn't open for Memorial Day
>in 2011 either.

It's not common. Just saying I don't remember the last time they had it closed down. Granite flats campground is closed down for memorial day. Go ahead Sherlock do some more research let me know the last time that happened.

I didn't see it has never happened before I said I don't remember in my 42 years. You guys are arguing about split hairs. The pass is literally closed by 5 to 6 feet of snow according to KSL.

Pray for more LOL

LAST EDITED ON May-25-19 AT 09:34AM (MST)[p]>I've never seen someone hoping to
>remain in drought conditions before
>this thread. This is a
>desert. We don't want water.
>We want it dry.
>
>It has truly been amazing to
>watch unfold. I guess it
>takes all types to make
>up this grand world of
>ours.
>
>Are we going to be hoping
>for increased violent crime and
>expanded world hunger while we're
>at it?

Not hoping for a drought. Just saying maybe it's time to stop..... praying for more LOL

So you are the guy in the middle of a hurricane in Texas praying for more rain?

I was going to point out 2011, but figured he'd come up with some lame excuse anyway and not take accountability for anything he's said. Which, was a prophetic thought, now that it's played out.

I just saw this report. We are actually 28? of liquid behind 2011 at Snowbird according to the SNOTEL data. Which means, it would take 28 feet more of snow this weekend to catch up to 2011 at this time. Yes, you read that correctly. 28 feet in one weekend to catch where we were at this time just 8 years ago. But why let facts get into the way of your argument now?

Even with that monumental winter 8 years ago? We found ourselves in record drought last year and our animals suffered because of it.

Yes, I want more water. But then again, I'm not stupid.

You guys are unbelievable. It was a joke saying I guess people at church can stop praying for more water.

It's normal to have a drought occasionally. It's normal to have extra water occasionally.

What's your point? I really can't figure out what your point is.

Just tell Vanilla that he is right, I basically gave up, cause I'd tell him what I'd seen first person and he would just argue that that's not what he read online

JUDAS!

F'N!

PRIEST!

I know so many people in so many places
They make allot of money but they got sad faces

It Ain't Easy being Me!:D:D:D

Never knew that 28"s of water was equivalent to 28 feet of snow. I always was told that 7 inches of snow is equivalent to 1 inch of rain/liquid. Hmmmm

I think the water equivalent in snow varies from 1" per foot on down depending on temperatures. Point is, I think there's a bit of exaggeration on just has bad the winter has been. We were all told just yesterday how there was 5' of snow in the road up AF canyon. NCRS website reads 33" at their station at 8200 feet in the shade. Others claim half the deer are dead. Guess I'm just not believing everything I hear.

>I think the water equivalent in
>snow varies from 1" per
>foot on down depending on
>temperatures. Point is, I think
>there's a bit of exaggeration
>on just has bad the
>winter has been. We were
>all told just yesterday how
>there was 5' of snow
>in the road up AF
>canyon. NCRS website reads
>33" at their station at
>8200 feet in the shade.
>Others claim half the deer
>are dead. Guess I'm just
>not believing everything I hear.
>

The road is shut down due to snow.
If you want to debate how many inches there are or how many feet that's fine. But get over it dude you are crazy just stop praying for more all I'm saying.

And if you are in denial about South West Wyoming and the deer herd population there give non-typical outfitters a quick call. I hunted next to the guy last year. I believe it was 2016 they lost 90% of all the fawns. They made a bunch of changes in the state that year because of all the problems. The deer were totally crushed. This winter has been tough on them again. You can debate it all you want. The state made changes. The outfitter has been having to make business changes. And we have lost a significant amount of deer. Especially in Southwest Wyoming. I believe the entire state has lost 200,000 deer in the last few years if you read the latest management report published in February 2018. If you need to do some more research and you can combat these facts please prove me wrong.

Until then please stop praying for more water. We are swimming.

LAST EDITED ON May-25-19 AT 05:32PM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON May-25-19 AT 03:48?PM (MST)

Azzbeenholed Adventures, you've been bitchen' about water overflowing from Gunlock. Guess where that water goes. Into the Virgin River and straight into Lake Mead which has been at all time lows for years. So yeah, we don't need any more water overflowing or people praying for water.

Here's an article as recently as February from Ron Thompson, the General Manager of Washington County Water Conservancy District and he is also the President of The National Water Resources Association. This would open your eyes if they weren't so far up your azz.

Association.https://www.stgeorgeutah.com/news/a...in-water-has-never-been-greater/#.XOmycSMwgmI

Yet you claim St. George has enough water for 1 million people. You have zero credibility and are nothing more than a troll.

As far as the deer herd goes, I've never seen the deer in better shape coming out of a winter where I live in Southern Utah. They are as fat and healthy as can be. I saw a buck here the second week of April that already had his eyeguards starting and another buck last week with antlers already out to the tips of his ears.

Water tables have dropped all over the Southwest and it's going to take years like this one for them to recover.

https://www.stgeorgeutah.com/news/a...er-rights-threatens-iron-county/#.XOm3PCMwgmI

Here's another article you might like. We have so much water now that for the last several years there has been talk of revoking water rights in the Enterprise/ Beryl/ Cedar City areas. Of course that only happens when we have an overflowing abundance of water.

>This is where we miss Topgun.
>He'd straighten some of you
>guys out.:)

Hopeless cause. Wouldn't matter anyway eel, there's no deer left and we're all soon to be washed away.:D

>LAST EDITED ON May-25-19
>AT 08:45?AM (MST)

>
>Keep praying red eye bob.
>You have a mouth an
>constantly attack people. You
>have no desire to discuss
>actual facts or water percentages
>or deer mortality from a
>hard winter.
>
>You do like to run your
>mouth like the guys on
>?grumpy old men?.
>
>You are wrong about a lot
>of things lil ol redeyeboobie.
> I was born and
>raised my lil friend.
>
>Then add to the story here
>the water manager for St
>George city lives across the
>street from me. Went
>out with him and some
>guys Tuesday. Had a
>great discussion about the water
>in the reservoirs and how
>the are dumping it to
>make room. So
>we are beyond capacity.
>
>And twolies, look at the data
>you guys asked for.
>You are the joke lil
>twolies. What fact would
>you like to discuss?
>Or you just gonna flap
>yor lil yapper like usual
>:)
>
>I am going to get back
>to praying for more because
>300% just isn't enough.
>
>We got more snow down to
>6000 feet yesterday lol.... Keep
>praying!!
>
>Let's see if we can pray
>hard enough to keep the
>canyons closed for the Fourth
>of July as well. You
>guys are awesome.

I only attack idiots such as your self. If you want facts, refer to post 193, there are two links on articles which contain facts and blow everything you claim out of the water.

I'm glad you claim you were born and raised, but you omitted where that place actually is.

Yes Shadow they are all gone, you sound like Hillary Clinton, someone says they had a bad winter and you spin it into they are all dead

Another gulley washer hitting the west coast tonight.
Flash flood warning hitting the air waves.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

Aspen has just became the new Tristate.

"We live in a desert if you want rain move to seattle."

What a dumb F'ing thing to say.

Dude you are flat out wrong and literally everybody is disagreeing with you just move along dummy.

When your in a hole stop digging.

Jake H.
458738e374dfcb10.jpg

If you want to see the big picture of how serious our water shortage really is look how low the water levels are in Lake Powell and Lake Mead.

Hey all you whiners, look at the bright side. We haven't had to irrigate hardly at all so far this year and the grass is still growing wonderfully.

>Yes Shadow they are all gone,
>you sound like Hillary Clinton,
>someone says they had a
>bad winter and you spin
>it into they are all
>dead

Hillary Clinton, huh? Ah that's cute, coming from someone that rode their pony 40 miles through deer carcasses:) but it's your story, I'll let you tell it.

>Hey all you whiners, look at
>the bright side. We
>haven't had to irrigate hardly
>at all so far this
>year and the grass is
>still growing wonderfully.

The only one whining here is Aspenhole. I'm loving it. It's the end of May and I haven't had to water the yard once. More rain coming next week. There's fields here you can't see the fences because the grass is so high. The run off here from Oak Creek canyon used to run out to the sinks but it has been diverted. There is now a lake by the sand dunes 20 feet deep where before it was nothing but dust.

The all-time high recorded water year here since 1905 was in 2005 with 24.22". We have over four months to go in this water year and are at 18.26". The all time record Calendar year is 21.72"; Less than 5 months into the year and we are at 12.98". If we continue to have a wetter than normal year we are on track to break all time records.

I'm loving it and have not heard a single person around here that doesn't feel the same way and we haven't even had to go up to the northwest and deal with all the freaks.

Just keep pretending to know everything cause you read it on the internet,you and your sister Vanilla have incredible internet skills, probably how you do your best scouting ?

>Just keep pretending to know everything
>cause you read it on
>the internet,you and your sister
>Vanilla have incredible internet skills,
>probably how you do your
>best scouting ?

So what we have here is two guys beating the same drum and nobody else seems to agree, so it turns to insults. What's next? A nasty PM? Stay classy there Mr. Coop, if you haven't turned your tag back due to the lack of deer, I hope you kill a good one this year to cheer you up.

I don't claim to know everything about every part of the state, just where I shed hunt and know a lot of the ranchers who have lived there there whole life,as you'll notice I don't get into every topic, just the ones that I feel strongly about and the area that I know,If your willing to get on a horse or pony, whatever you feel most comfortable on, I can take you and show you dead deer,lots of em, then you'll actually see first hand,want to send me a pm and meet up for a ride?

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom