Summer vacation with wife.

craggar

Needing some advice folks done alot of hunting out west but wife is wanting to take a vacation this summer.wher would be a good town to base a summer vacation out of?Jackson Hole?Estes park?or any where else Thanks

That would all depend on what you want to do. I have been to Jackson many times and it is beautiful. The Teton mountains almost look fake. Lots of fun and there is great fly fishing in the area. Yellowstone is very nice but the crowds hurt the expirience. I seem to see more animals in Estes Park. The scenery is great. If you can go to Estes in the fall the elk rut is cool to watch. Not sure that helps. Both areas have their + and -.

CANCUN........HALF THE PRICE AS HAWAII (SP), MOST BEAUTIFUL WATER IN THE WORLD, FISHING IS FANTASTIC !!! I RAN INTO ALL 3 EASTON BOYS IN CANCUN........THEY WERE FISHING TOO !!!!!.........................YD.

catch
:). Its a cheap alternative to taking her to some fancy beach. Who wouldn't love a Slurpee and a 3 day old hotdog.

I HIGHLY recommend Norton, Kansass. We have a...lake. beautiful golf course kind of, a beautiful (muddy) creek bottom, couple trees, and a gas station also. Really great place (awful) to drive by at a high rate of speed.

Go and Do what she wants! It's her time.

Joey

"It's all about knowing what your firearms practical limitations are and combining that with your own personal limitations!"

I should have said western vacation.That is why i am looking for advice.Anywhre in the west with good scenery and a few things to do.It could be Utah Colorado wyoming Montana I don't care just needin some help.

Zions National Park, Bryce Canyon National Park, Capital Reef National Park, Arches National Park, Canyonlands National Park. All in southern Utah, all colorful and different. All with a days drive of each other.

If you want to take a few extra turns in the road, the north rim of the Grand Canyon and Monument Valley in Northern Arizona or Mesa Verde in southern Colorado.

Las Vegas is about 3.5 hours south from Zions, fun to see once, if you like bright lights and lots of folks.

Lots of other great places in other western States, they're all spectacular too. Most of the southern Utah locations are desert type canyons with lots of red rim rock country. Not so much in lakes and rivers like areas to the north.

Why base it out of one place. Moab ( Arches,Canyon lands, Goblin valley...) then if you want to continue "western" try Mesa Verde in colorado, lake powell the grand canyon . there is way to much to see if your returning to the same place each time . The Tetone's Glacier,... Are you folks fishermen? The Green River below the damn. Henries Fork,near last chance Idaho...'Western is way to big to see from a base camp.. Have a good time

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom