Super hunts

greenie

LAST EDITED ON May-09-08 AT 09:54PM (MST)[p]I was just wondering what the word is on these super hunts Idaho, Arizona they sound sweat has anyone drew any of these and are they as good as they sound? thanks

Well live here in Idaho and if you had to hunt anywhere in the state that was open with the weapons it states I would think that would or might be a good hunt.
So I would say it is a good thing.

Yes. I don't know how it gets any better than having any unit in the state and a year to hunt.

Sure, you can pick any open hunt in the state, what's not to like? I personally don't put in for them because they have unlimited entry, meaning that if someone wants to spend thousands of dollars and put in a few hundred/thousand applications, they can do it. A guy with thousands to spend has a WAY better chance of drawing than the average guy who might put in an application or two... I don't think our game should be managed to cater to the big spenders so I don't put in, but yeah, if you do put in and draw you could hunt some damn good hunts.

I drew the MT Super Elk Tag in 2006, I bought 10 chances at $5.00 a piece, they sold over 17,000 chances, the proceeds of these types of tags go to game management, when I spent the $50.00 I was making a donation to a cause I support not trying to win a tag. I actually forgot all about it until I was notified that I was the winner. It certainly it was a great hunt and experience. The chances of winning again are remote but I still buy chances every year just to support the states and their game management.
jd

The Idaho Super Hunt money goes to fund the ACCESS YES program. It is a great deal for lots of folks, and offers some great hunting opportunities for anyone. I would donate $50 to keep it going anyway, and the chance to draw a great tag just sweetens the pot; I know the odds are terrible, but what the hell - someone wins. Buy 6 chances for a Super Tag, and one chance for a Super Combo Tag and it is about $48 bucks..

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom