Tag Return

BMosh

So I MIGHT be in a pickle. I drew a 171-173 Early rifle mule deer tag. It was my 5th choice and only early season tag I applied for, since I'm on the fence for drawing an awesome CA tag (X5B). I know, I know... Don't apply for what you're not willing to draw. I would love to use the tag, but if I draw my CA tag as well, my soul focus will be on that tag. Question I'm getting to... What are the procedures with returning a NV tag and what are the penalties? Will I obtain a bonus point for next year instead? Is there a fee? Deadline?

You can return the tag and get your points refunded but you lose the price of the tag. How many points you have in CA? If you don't have 12 then your not going to draw. Good luck

No brainier return the nevada tag the day after you find out if you draw 5b,you will not lose your points in nevada just the tag fees.You have till the day before the Nevada hunt start date but if you return it early they will get that tag to some one else so do it asap so it gives some one else the chance to prepare.

I had that same tag back in 2012 and had to send back as I had came down with GOUT in my right foot. Could not have been able to walk so got a Doctors Note...just like when you were in school. Needs to state that patient can not walk due to illness.
You get your money back, points re-instated and also a point for the next year. I made it just in time.

Contact the NV draw number and they will point you in the right direction. Don't wait too long.

Brian
http://i44.tinypic.com/es7x8z.jpg[/IMG]

>You can return the tag and
>get your points refunded but
>you lose the price of
>the tag. How many points
>you have in CA? If
>you don't have 12 then
>your not going to draw.
>Good luck

I have 11 points. I know there was a little point creep last year, and a slight tag reduction from the Rush Fire a couple years back. I was in the point bracket up until last year, where it took 10.67 (I had 10).

Thanks for the replies. I'm stoked either way. I'd love to use the tag, as my buddy has the late season tag as well.

LAST EDITED ON May-30-15 AT 10:26AM (MST)[p]You can call CA before the deadline and change your CA tag choice to a point. Hurry as it is Tuesday. You will lose your deer tag fee in NV and not get this years point if you return just because. NV is no guarantee ever. CA's preference system only means next year will have better odds for you.

>LAST EDITED ON May-30-15
>AT 10:26?AM (MST)

>
>You can call CA before the
>deadline and change your CA
>tag choice to a point.
>Hurry as it is Tuesday.
>You will lose your deer
>tag fee in NV and
>not get this years point
>if you return just because.
>NV is no guarantee ever.
>CA's preference system only means
>next year will have better
>odds for you.

I thought CA's applications were final, once submitted? I won't necessarily have better odds. I was in the minimum point pool for two years prior to last year, just didn't apply because of other obligations/tags. Looks to have had point creep by .67 of a point. My guess is I would probably be back in the minimum point pool this year, which is still not a gurantee.

Thanks again for the replies. I think I'm going to wait out CA and see how it goes, and plan from there.

>I waited till today to apply
>calif. so it will be
>pts only because I drew
>nevada deer yesterday.

Yeah.. smart. I should've/would've done the same but wedding/honeymoon plans caused me to apply early. Was just cutting it too close for me. Turned out I could've held out. Not the worse problem to have.. I have a place to hunt, regardless.

You can call CA LRB and change your choices up until the deadline. I changed my elk pick that way this year after I saw the official quota changed from the proposed. I'm not saying do it, just that you can.

Nevada Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Big Bucks & Bulls Timberline Outfitters Guide Service

Customized and high quality eastern Nevada trophy hunts for mule deer, elk and antelope.

Western Wildlife Adventures

We offer some excellent mule deer and elk hunts in northeast Nevada.

Currant Creek Outfitters

Nevada, big bucks and big bulls! We hunt for quality not quantity.

Nevada Outfitters & Guides Association

Find guides and outfitters for mule deer, elk, sheep, chuckar, fishing, & more!

SilverGrand Outfitters

Successfully guiding in Nevada for many years. Mule deer, elk, antelope and bighorn sheep hunts.

Hidden Lake Outfitters

Specializing in trophy mule deer hunts along with elk, mountain goat, antelope and mountain lion.

G&J Outdoors

Full time outfitter with 20+ years hunting mule deer, sheep, elk, antelope, lion and chukar.

Mountain Man Outfitters

Offering world class mule deer hunts in some of the most productive units in Nevada.

Nevada High Desert Outfitters

Rocky mountain goats, desert, rocky and california bighorn, mule deer, antelope and elk hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

If you want an unguided hunt but can't draw your tags, you need to call us.

White River Guide Service

50 years of guiding experience! Mule deer, elk, sheep and cougar.

Back
Top Bottom