Terk Ruling Odds?

ASB

I have no problem with regard to this ruling. I do, however, want to know actual information with regard to NR odds as it sits, that way I can make an informed choice. Thank you NM G&F for giving us 3 weeks to decide.

What will odds be for NR guided vs unguided for Sheep, Oryx & Ibex?

Can anyone provide real numbers??

Many thanks!!

LAST EDITED ON Mar-26-14 AT 05:15PM (MST)[p]You might try calling them tomorrow... But I bet lines will be packed. If I was to guess I would think that it will go to 84% R 6% NR 10% outfitter... I know this may not help but look at it this way also, a lot folks are really pissed and will take the refunds which will actually increase chances a little. Wish there was a way to be certain but it is what it is.. Hope this helps and good luck in ventures.

LAST EDITED ON Mar-26-14 AT 05:19PM (MST)[p]If I understand correctly:

Bighorn Ram - No tags for Guided or NR
Bighorn Ewe Latir hunt - 1 NR Tag, 1 Guided tag

Oryx Once and a Lifetime - Most hunts have 49 tags. So there will be 5 Guided tags and 3 NR tags

Oryx Off Range - 60 tags each. So there will be 6 guided tags and 4 NR tags.

Oryx Broken horn hunts - No tags for Guided or NR

McGregor Oryx - 25 tags each. So there will be 3 Guided and 2 NR tags.

Rifle and Muzzy Ibex - 25 tags each. So there will be 3 Guided and 2 NR tags.

Bow Ibex - 100 tags each. So there will be 10 Guided and 6 NR tags

For the NR bucket, take those tag numbers above and divide by total number of NR's that applied for the hunt code last year. That will give you somewhat of an idea of odds.

Travis

Thanks 5 yr......I should have asked about available tags in each. Already know odds were bad, even before.

Sux about not a single sheep tag, but the rules are what they are for now.

All information above is correct I believe,except for the hunts with 25 permits. 21 resident tags, 3 outfitted tags and 1 NR tag.

THIS HASN"T been confirmed but I am hearing that NR will get two tags.. One in Latir and one is Wheeler...

J-

So, if you got lucky and guessed correctly which unit to apply for, you might have a chance as a nonresident? If NMGFD does it that way, shouldn't they give nonresidents who applied the option to reapply for the units available along with the option to apply with an outfitter or withdraw? I think I'll hold off withdrawing a bit before doing anything.

>THIS HASN"T been confirmed but I
>am hearing that NR will
>get two tags.. One in
>Latir and one is Wheeler...
>
>
>J-

How are they going to do this without violating NM 17-3-16 which says they have to apply the quotas by hunt code?

NMG&F says they have no choice but to apply the law as written immediately due to the court ruling but if this violation of law on NR sheep tags is allowed it seems like they can do whatever the heck they want. Seems like they would be talking out both sides of their mouth if this occurs...

Horniac

FYI - We just spoke to the Department and here is your answer on Bighorn Sheep.

The NMDGF has been mandated by court order to apply the quota, as written in statute, to Bighorn sheep, Oryx, and Ibex for 2014-2015. That means that the quota must be applied as the law indicates which will NOT provide for any NR ram tags this year. In order to change this predicament for subsequent years the rule must be changed within the hunt code.

Also please note for Oryx and Ibex, if you have contracted with an Outfitter YOU must call (not the Outfitter) and have the outfitter number added to your application in order to be added to the outfitter pool. (888)248-6866

>
> I called
>them today and the Gal
>told me their is a
>chance of drawing a ram
>tag.

How so?

Horniac

>>
>> I called
>>them today and the Gal
>>told me their is a
>>chance of drawing a ram
>>tag.
>
>
>How so?
>
>Horniac
I don't know she couldn't explain it very well.

I called yesterday and was transferred past the front desk to a supervisor. He said NO NR ram tags due to the quota percentages. He asked if I wanted to delete my app to get the $20 back. I asked him THREE times to confirm there was no possibility of a NR ram tag - that the commission may change its mind. He said they couldn't change the law this year.

>They really need to send out
>an official statement on this.
>Too much speculation and different
>answers flying around.

That would help.

>He asked if I wanted
>to delete my app to
>get the $20 back.

The way the press release reads you get your $20 app fee refunded even if you don't delete your app and go through the draw.

Confirmed this morning via the following e-mail;

Thank you for your email. You will be refunded the full amount even if you do not delete your application. Some applicants wished to delete their application instead.

Thanks again.

Rachel Shockley
Spokesperson
New Mexico Department Game and Fish

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom