Thanks Idaho (again)!

predator

Very Active Member
Just returned from Idaho after a very challenging but successful antelope hunt. The desert looks like June, it is so green that most of the animals had not yet come down to the unit. The ones there were spooky as all get out and had about a 1000 yard comfort zone. Several stalks tried and blown, after a couple days and with the help of a knowledgeable friend by the name of Blank, we put together an ambush. The buck didn't quite cooperate with our idea, but after what felt like a really long time squirming along on my belly , I was able to creep into a rock pile and make a go at him. He never knew I was about to turn out his lights from just shy of 180 yards. I misjudged how far he was angled away, but the bullet entered in front of his hip and traveled forward and through, taking out the liver. He didn't take but two steps. I couldn't turn him down as he was well earned!

1606image.jpg

Pred,

Congrats on a great muzz buck! Did you take him out with a NoExcuses bullet? Good looking White muzzleloader laying against that buck. How do you like that Williams rear sight?

Good job, glad you had another successful hunt.

LAST EDITED ON Oct-19-14 AT 10:26PM (MST)[p]CO- it was a Powerbelt, actually. The White is Blank's, I could never get my Knight to group conicals well and ran out of time to work some loads. I don't know if the rear sight is a Williams, but it is very similar to my Knight, so I was familiar with it.

Several of my other White Whitetails have the original Williams rear sight with the fine gold bead front. I love that combination for accurate long range shooting. They are also low enough to allow scope use without blocking too much of the view.

This particular gun I have her shoot is set up for my black timber elk hunting with an after-market fiber optic setup, with a larger ramp and more adjustment. Red front bead and two dot green rear sight; it is very fast to acquire your target and points true to aim. Couple inches high at 100 puts it dead on at 125, and just a few inches low at 150 yards.

We'll well well preddy! Ya done good gal!
You never cease to amaze me with your hunting prowess.
Congrats on a fine trophy,
Zeke

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom