the wife beat me

alpinebowman

Well she has done it. My wife killed a bigger animal than I and I couldn't be happier. She shot this guy on the way out to leave for the weekend. She made a killer shot and still needed a follow up for reason we still can't figure out. When you hit an animal quartering away 5 inches back from the shoulder and exit in front of the opposite shoulder a third of the way up the body you would think they would die pretty quickly. Well not this guy but the tag is cut and the wife has a wall hanger. His is 12 inches tall on one side and just under 12 on the other and his cutters are awesome. It took thirteen days in the field but she toughed through it a came away with her 2nd archery trophy.

amiantelope4.jpg

amiantelope3.jpg

amiantelope2.jpg

amiantelope1.jpg

I want to thank my wife for the great time we had and I can't wait to do it again. Even if I do always have to drive while you sleep.

alpinebowman

>>>---shots that are true pass right through--->

My wife shot a great buck just 8 days after I shot my first buck with a bow. They were very close in score, mine was slightly larger but it was very close. By the way, it was the first animal that she was ever at full draw on. They both went P&Y. I could not be happier for her. When our son gets a little older, she will no doubt out do me.

Congratulations to her!

Nice job!

Now for the mount's, here is an Idea mount both bucks on a pedestal with hers on top. Put a small scene in. Then off two the side on the wall put 8x10 photos of kill shots. What do you think? Maybe someone on here could post a picture of a similar mount.

That whole experience would be hard to beat hear in Utah. In fact I bet you are the first husband and wife to have successfully gotten antelope?s on the same hunt with a bow.

Congrats and a little envious!

Congrats. I hope to get my wife to doing the same here in the near future. Used to go with her dad back when she was younger. I hope to re-kindle that desire. I am jealous.

Sgt Mike

Aim Center Mass

Way cool Ken! Tell you wife congrats from me. How's the elk and deer hunting going? I've been out a few days, but mostly throwing sticks at the paper on the wall until the first of Oct. They we can play some :)

Cheers,
Pete

SW that is a great idea. I am going to euro my antelope but that would be easy to incorporate into your idea.

Pete, good to hear from you. I have yet to make it to the hills to chase elk and deer but with the cool air this morning it was hard to come to work instead of going up the mountain. I am planning on making it up thurday since we still have to process the wife's goat.
later,

alpinebowman

>>>---shots that are true pass right through--->

Very cool.....congrats and thanks for posting the photos up for us.

BOHNTR )))---------->

LAST EDITED ON Sep-05-07 AT 08:31AM (MST)[p]My wife beats me also, every time I ask her to go hunting great job on the hunt

This has been a crazy fun hunt!!
I am so happy to have a husband that will deal with a wife like me!! He has dealt with alot the past 13 days and I was so happy that Ken was there to see me shoot him!! It was awesome!!
I have to THANK KEN for everything!! He is a great hubby!! :D
Now we just have to get our Muleys!

BTW-I ask you if I can drive! You won't let me! So what else is there to do at 10 o'clock at night!! ;-)

Thanks for all the replies!! I am glad that Ken got me into the sport of archery!!

alpinebowman

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom