this year? or next?

mdbrown

Long Time Member
im going to try and draw this year with my 11 nr points,
who is trying to draw this year for deer? and who is going to wait till 2016s later dates?

>Point creep next year is going
>to be brutal!!!
Yep, that is why I am using all of my 1 point this year :D
Many hunters will be disappointed next year when some hunts jump 2 or more points in one year.

Mntman

"Hunting is where you prove yourself"

Next years draw will be sticker shock for lots of folks. What takes 12 pts this year will be 15 next year. Still personally going to hold off with my 12 NR pts in the hope of drawing an ok unit 4th season due to dates. Might change my mind and put in for a 3rd season better than ok unit with longer hunt dates and still decent dates

My guess is that only the premium units will see an increase in applicants. For most of us commoners, especially those hunting the 1st elk season and the 2nd combined season, there will be no difference.

You'll miss a year or more of hunting by waiting for next year.

A good battle plan that you act on today can be better than a
perfect one tomorrow.?
-
Gen George S. Patton

Exactly... I hate being stuck with points. I can not wait to dump mine. Every year a person waits means that much longer to the next tag. I wish I never started building points for deer as i have missed a lot of good seasons and as a result a lot of opportunity.

Last fall really hurt when they dropped that monster Colorado buck on a very easy to draw tag.

Not sure if I missed something but why are many people thinking point creep will be a more significant issue next year? Is is just because of the later dates so more are waiting for next year or something else???

You got it a lot of people with points are gonna be willing to wait another year for better dates but like you said that will make hunts require more points to draw so some will be dissapointed for sure. I would go this year but dont have enough to draw and would next year but probably wont due to point creep so im screwed either way probably have to wait til 2017

I have points in Colo and several other states as I started prepping for my retirement and quality time to pursue my passion years ago. I simply didn't have the time to scout and truely enjoy many quality hunts until now. Totally understand those sighting the need to go now and not forego a hunting opportunity. Fortunately I have some flexibility in which state to pursue on any given year. NM is always my first hunt priority and I'm trying my best to pull off an out of state great hunt opportunity each year so I can have a blast focusing and scouting on the hunt Going to try and get a great Antelope hunt in Colo this year and deer up there next year. Praying I pull a great archery tag in Utah THIS YEAR..

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom