Trying my luck in Colorado

aaronjo2324

Hey guys,

Just wondering if any of you have any experience in Colorado units 49/57/58/581 or units 69/84 in Colorado for deer?

I've always posted here in the NM forum since that the only place I have ever hunted. I moved to Colorado in May and bought a landowner voucher for 49/57/58/581 (near Leadville where I live)....while scouting the units I found out that I had won a tag giveaway in units 69/84.

I posted in the Colorado forum just asking some basic questions about the units and hunting migratory deer (not honey holes or anything) and found that out to be a dead end. Its way different hunting in Colorado when you get snow in October than in NM where thats a non-issue.

The New Mexico forum is by far the best forum on this website. I've recieved advice and offered advice and found this to be much more friendly than any other forum.

Anyways, here is write-up about the tag giveaway if any of you are interested

http://www.gohunt.com/read/congrats-aaron-oglesby-4-weeks-4-tags-final-winner

I'm just looking for any info you guys have on hunting deer that are affected when it snows. I'm up in Leadville at 10,152 feet so snow is definitely going to play into the hunts.

Thanks

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom