Uh oh, get yer popcorn!

LAST EDITED ON Dec-20-12 AT 05:00PM (MST)[p]So you're a friend of, and hunt with a poacher with multiple offenses right up to the the present from all accounts, and agree with the Governor's tags that are for the wealthy and that can be used to take big animals off the winter range when seasons are closed to everyone else because the animals are much more susceptable to getting wacked! Sounds like you fit right in with DP and the SFW! Everyone can have their own views on the tags I guess, but I find it hard to respect a person with pals like that because it makes it sound like you buy into the "kill a big one at any cost" mentality.

Whether you respect me or not TOPGUN.....doesn't matter to me. I don't care. I truly don't.

I haven't hunted with anyone else in several years. However, I guess I do consider Mike Brownlee a friend of sorts. We bump into each other here and there and text about threads like this. We've had our issues, but yes I suppose I'd call him a friend never-the-less. He's a nice guy and I know he knows how and where to hunt big stuff in Colordo, Wyoming, Utah, and other places. I don't judge him based on what happened 16 years ago.

And yes, I would also call Don Peay and the guys at SFW my friends. Again, as with Mike, we don't see eye to eye on everything and sometimes piss each other off, but friends at some level, yep. Those guys do care about wildlife and try to do a good job. Good bunch of guys.

As for hunting deer on the winter range when it's closed to all others........I guess I do understand the purpose of the tags and I'm OK with it. Do I like the whole finders fee thing, no. Never have. Will I act like a damn fool on the Internet cause I don't like it? no.

Brian Latturner
MonsterMuleys.com

Colorado must be giving out 10's of 1000's of those late tags with all the bitching going on. Please tell me this isnt the only auction tag out there. I have already PITHED my pants twice over all the stupid comments over this huge deer.
To the old geezer in the picture that shot it...CONGRATS on a huge deer! To the 750 or so people it took to find it, congrats on gettn the old geezer a giant.

This thread keeps going, we better call Jerry Springer!

Bunch of grown sportsmen with yogurt brains bashing each other!

Jerry.....Jerry.....Jerry.....Jerry....Jerry!

"I don't judge him based on what happened 16 years ago."

I don't either, but if the dude is still in court for egregious violations of the same sort as he committed 16 years ago, which he was again earlier this month, I do believe I would steer clear of him and not be calling him a friend! Just sayin!!!

Well with two raffle bucks under Mike Brownlee's belt maybe he has some money now so he will not have to file for bankruptcy again.

Not only is his moral compass off when it comes to hunting it also is in his personal life. Instead of paying off he debts like a real man he files bankruptcy and doesn't have to pay.

A man that has poached and filed for bankruptcy twice? Real classy guy there.

First of all, amazing animal! Congrats to the hunter and everyone else involved.

Now,anyone ever think of this??

-The hunter is older, and maybe he doesn't have friends/family who hunt to help him out.
-Perhaps he has become great friends with the guides, and he really enjoys hunting with them and giving them business.
-If he has the money to buy these winter tags, and he enjoys hunting that time of year, then what on earth is the problem with it being him and not the next guy?
-So many on here are claiming it's easy to kill a buck of that caliber given the circumstances... so if a giant buck is going to be killed with or without guides, what difference does it make to you?
-Purchasing a tag buys you the right to harvest and animal, and it is up to the individual to decide how they want to go about it. Leave the damn guy alone.
-For those who say "it makes hunting look bad to non-hunters"... please, if this photo were posted on an anti-hunting forum, there would probably be less pissing and moaning about it than there has been on here! Even worse, the anti-hunting community will probably come across the negative things you are saying and actually believe it! The hunt, the photo, the money, etc. does not give them nearly the ammo as does all the BS posted by whiners like you every time Mossback guides someone to a monster.

LAST EDITED ON Dec-20-12 AT 09:56PM (MST)[p]Baloney, as they aren't guiding anybody in the traditional manner! All they're doing is leading an old guy to an animal that somebody in their goon squad has found for big money as a finders fee. Then they pat him on the back and make him feel like he's the great white hunter because he pulled the trigger on it after deciding it's big enough to suit his big ego! May I ask what position you hold in the SFW?

I would have to say the most true post in this is bucksnort @ #79. As I read this drivel I felt 5 pts slipping off the 'ol IQ and whenI just clicked on "reply" I'm certain I felt 10 vanish instantly. The good news I still have enough left for making this point...
There is a poster that I remember loosely paraphrased as follows- God grant me the tenacity to change that which I can, the serenity to endure that which I cannot, and the wisdom to know the difference.

Many on here are sorely lacking in the 3rd category. The DOW are politicians- they make rules for others to follow.
The rich have money-lots of it- and wish for rules to favor them. Based on what historical example do you think they will not figure out a way to make a trade????

The mis-representation of material facts (common folks call them lies) in the above posts is astounding for people with such strongly held opinions. He "shot it out of season". Call it in on the TIPS program! You'll get a reward and if it just barely makes it past the 22" mark (and I think it might!) it will be a Sampson violation for the hunter, $10 K and accessory charges against these people you all seem to hate. A man only gets so much hate in a lifetime I think you are being pretty wasteful of your allottment of hate.

Ok so it would be easy to carry on and indulge myself at the expense of the "under informed". Let me suggest some fixes. CHANGE THE GAME- don't ##### about the players... Eliminate the gov tag(it aint gonna happen).They like getting 4 new trucks for one dead deer. But what if they had to put every cent into winter range feeding programs (they HATE those) in the unit the gov tag is filled in?? A reward if you will for producing an exceptional deer. Habitat improvement is too ambiguous- they just buy 4 atv's for "seeding", 2 trucks to haul the atv's and 5 lbs of grass seed for the regional dow office yard.(shady mix). There are some on here with a fully functional brain- I've seen flashes of it on occasion, use it and change the rules.

PS GREAT f'n deer!! Just look at that beast and get over yourselves for once! What this site should be about!

Sorry Squirrel, just feel like throwing wood on the fire!

6773doyle_sketch.jpg

"Baloney, as they aren't guiding anybody in the traditional manner!"

Now you decide what is traditional or not?????? I don't see anything wrong with helping someone find a deer. I have done it dozens of times over the last 25 years. If me and friends go hunting together and I shoot out, I keep looking for deer for my friends. Sometimes I find a deer that is a good one but I am not interested in killing, I go get my budy who I know wants it and let him shoot it. My dad hunted like this and my grandfather hunted the same way. Sounds pretty traditional to me. Plus a lot of times we help each other recover deer. I usually skin every bodies deer that comes back to camp. Doesn't mean they suddenly aren't hunters. Some people enjoy hunting as a team sport. Some people want to do it all by themselves. Hunting is a lot of different things to a lot of different people. Shutup and go hunting the way you like to and have fun, and quit worrying about the guys that hunt, and spend money, the way they want to.

LAST EDITED ON Dec-21-12 AT 07:27AM (MST)[p]So how many thousand dollars did your buddies pay you for findng a good deer for them? This whole thing sucks when a guy pays over $100K for a tag and then probably that much more to a guy who then pays big finders fees to find a big one! The real kicker is that he gets a whole year to do it and they end up shooting it on the winter range where an animal is much more likely to be an easy target after making it through a bunch of seasons where there may have been many hunters it outsmarted. That sure isn't traditional and is not the sport we all grew up knowing. Your argument is about like I said earlier that you would argue that the moon is the sun. The above sketch hits it right on the head as those animals might as well have tracking collars on them to get it over with a little quicker!!!

"So how many thousand dollars did your buddies pay you for findng a good deer for them?"

None. But I'm not very good or consistant at finding big deer.

" This whole thing sucks when a guy pays over $100K for a tag and then probably that much more to a guy who then pays big finders fees to find a big one!"

WHY? Why does it suck that people pay money to have people help them. You can't answer that question, and because of that you come off looking like a jealous idiot.

" The real kicker is that he gets a whole year to do it and they end up shooting it on the winter range where an animal is much more likely to be an easy target after making it through a bunch of seasons where there may have been many hunters it outsmarted.
That sure isn't traditional and is not the sport we all grew up knowing."

That sure as hell is traditional. One generation back used to do a crapload of hunting on "Winter range". They shot deer any damn place they could find them. Native americans used to chase big game into snow drifts where they could kill them easily. It hasn't been until the last thirty years that you have seen states move away from having seasons in the rut or within winter ranges.

" Your argument is about like I said earlier that you would argue that the moon is the sun. The above sketch hits it right on the head as those animals might as well have tracking collars on them to get it over with a little quicker!!!"

You are one bitter little boy. Somebody does it better than you and you just can't cope.

Zekers, that is funny stuff.

Very realistic with the helicopter in the background too.

You even got Brownlee with his hand on the hunter in the picture.

The collar, the DOW, the hairy exposed butt, the wild eyed shed hunter - you didn't miss anything.

Nice!

LMAO!

LAST EDITED ON Dec-21-12 AT 08:32AM (MST)[p]Again you are full of chit because there is no jealousy involved in seeing those deer get shot like that! However, you might say that I'm a little bitter when I see an animal get shot like they are doing when it doesn't have much of a chance and it isn't because I can't do it. You can also quit calling me boy because I'm probably old enough to be your big Daddy son, LOL! Just get down to it that you fit right into the SFW philosophy of selling stuff to the highest bidder and not following the intent of the NAM where everyone is on a level playing field as much as possible. Please don't come back with a bunch of horsechit like Smokestick has that anyone can bid on those tags either! Hells bells, I've got enough money saved that I could buy a couple of those Governors tags, but my principles are not to outbid everyone just to shoot an animal on the winter range and put my picture up all over the US in magazines with a big friggin grin like I really accomplished something, LOL! You just don't get it and all you want to do is argue with everyone on anything just for the sake of arguing! Take a close look at that sketch a few posts above ours as it hits the nail on the head perfectly with airborne patrols and goon squads to find the animal, lead the shooter to it and then congratulate him for killing it when all he did was pull the trigger in the scheme of things and you call that hunting! Cripes, watch the video Mossback made last year of Denny Austad killing the big buck in December on that high priced tag he bought. They took him right to where it was bedded down and then when the buck stood up for a stretch he shot it in the gut while on a nice rest. Then he had to shoot it again before getting his pat on the back and pictures all over the mags. Yep, that's really hunting at it's finest!!!

No appology needed zekers that is funny stuff! I have an excellent track record of not "wasting my allotment of hate". I need to save that pic myself as it illustrates the entire circus perfectly when the almighty dollar comes to town. Now it has all gone away and it is just me, dogs and deer out in the negative 30 temps doing what everyone on here has no problem doing. Funny I haven't seen any of you out there... or even your tracks... You fellas must be wearing those deer hooves on your feet like in the "bodyguard" movie.

Note to self: have only one (weak) after work and go straight to bed do NOT turn on the computer.

"I doubt it the money will probably go to last weeks court costs and some more teeth whitening gel."

That guy Brownlee certainly does have some big white choppers doens't he, LOL!!! I wonder what his mug shots look like and if he's smiling in all of them!

>No appology needed zekers that is
>funny stuff! I have an
>excellent track record of not
>"wasting my allotment of hate".
> I need to save
>that pic myself as it
>illustrates the entire circus perfectly
>when the almighty dollar comes
>to town.
Now it
>has all gone away and
>it is just me, dogs
>and deer out in the
>negative 30 temps doing what
>everyone on here has no
>problem doing. Funny I
>haven't seen any of you
>out there... or even your
>tracks... You fellas must
>be wearing those deer hooves
>on your feet like in
>the "bodyguard" movie.
>
> Note to self: have only
>one (weak) after work and
>go straight to bed do
>NOT turn on the computer.
>

"And some special help from Kevin!!"

The reality is, don't go shooting a buck on the winter range, then post it on the internet hoping for a pat on the back. I guess if I drop a duke at a campground next summer I can thank the "hunter" for buying me my toilet paper with the proceeds from his tag.

>Sorry Squirrel, just feel like throwing
>wood on the fire!
>
>
6773doyle_sketch.jpg

That is one of the funniest things I have ever seen!! I won't venture to guess how long it took to draw that, but I will say it was totally worth it!!! Thanks for making my day!!!

The good ole boys club picture is complete. Mission accomplished.

Now lets all join together and actually bring back to the public, the resources every single one of us should have equal opportunity to utilize.
The clown posse laughing at us say it will never happen....It will not unless we try.
Best,
Jerry

That cartoon is funny stuff man!!!! You did awesome on that! That's gotta be worthy of the Home Page of MonsterMuleys.com. Right down to the radio collar. Funny, funny......

I agree with Squirrel, CHANGE THE GAME, crying about the players is silly. I don't think there should be 4th season tags at all, but wouldn't it be silly to just trash on anyone who gets a 4th season tag? Talk about how easy it is to kill bucks when they're dumb on some does butt? Yes, it would be silly and a waste and I'd only sound like a damn fool.

I think like "hate", a man only gets so many moments to "act like a damn fool", why waste those moments on Brownlee and the others when you could do it drunk in a local bar at 1:00am trying to pick up that last girl left in the place?

The cartoons are always welcome though!!!!!

Brian Latturner
MonsterMuleys.com

"Again you are full of chit because there is no jealousy involved in seeing those deer get shot like that! However, you might say that I'm a little bitter when I see an animal get shot like they are doing when it doesn't have much of a chance and it isn't because I can't do it. You can also quit calling me boy because I'm probably old enough to be your big Daddy son, LOL!"

Look at all the trash talking cause you still didn't have the balls or brains to answer my question, boy.

" Just get down to it that you fit right into the SFW philosophy of selling stuff to the highest bidder and not following the intent of the NAM where everyone is on a level playing field as much as possible."

I don't know about SFW but I have stated YES ALL OF THE HUNTING TAGS SHOULD BE AUCTIONED TO THE HIGHEST BIDDER! That does not violate your sacred NAM either. You're no different than some fool who screams racism when he is too stupid to back up his arguement. You think NAM is the ultimate trump card in a wildlife debate even when it is hogwash.

" Please don't come back with a bunch of horsechit like Smokestick has that anyone can bid on those tags either!"

Show me one single time ever that any stattes have told an individual that they are not allowed to bid on one of those tags. Do it boy. You can't.

" Hells bells, I've got enough money saved that I could buy a couple of those Governors tags, but my principles are not to outbid everyone just to shoot an animal on the winter range and put my picture up all over the US in magazines with a big friggin grin like I really accomplished something, LOL! You just don't get it and all you want to do is argue with everyone on anything just for the sake of arguing! Take a close look at that sketch a few posts above ours as it hits the nail on the head perfectly with airborne patrols and goon squads to find the animal, lead the shooter to it and then congratulate him for killing it when all he did was pull the trigger in the scheme of things and you call that hunting!"

No. I call that a funny cartoon.

" Cripes, watch the video Mossback made last year of Denny Austad killing the big buck in December on that high priced tag he bought."

That evil bastard. How dare he use money to hunt.

" They took him right to where it was bedded down and then when the buck stood up for a stretch he shot it in the gut while on a nice rest. Then he had to shoot it again before getting his pat on the back and pictures all over the mags. Yep, that's really hunting at it's finest!!!"

Yep almost every single person on these forums has either shown a buddy a good buck lying down or been shown by a buddy a deer laying down to be shot. I've shot a deer in the gut when I thought I had a good rest. Come to think of it I have shot a deer more than twice. No body claims it is hunting at its finest, but its hunting. Imperfect, risky, real, hunting.

That cartoon is hilarious. Can somebody please dig up the cartoon of the Spider bull that was posted a couple years ago? That was just as awesome and my forum searches are coming up empty.

Zekers,

Care to auction that print off on MM? I bet Founder would go for it. Maybe share some $$$ with Founder and put some of the proceeds towards the resource we all love.

Just a thought. I would like to bid on it. Maybe even Denny would pony up big, who knows?

That is some great work. If that isnt your line of work it must be a great hobby. Merry Christmas.

www.deanparisian.com

I can't take credit for the artwork guys, it was posted during last years Colorado Gov tag drama. I just hit copy and save, figured it would be applicable for this year as well. We'll probably see it next year too!

LAST EDITED ON Dec-21-12 AT 06:00PM (MST)[p] I did that cartoon last year after Mossback guided Denny to the that buck. I have my own opinions on gov type tags, but I'll let everyone else argue about it! I just read all the posts last year and got inspired! Come to think of it, I am getting a lot of good inspiration after this post too. Hope no one takes offense. It is strictly meant as a humorous jab at the whole situation. I'll get my pencil sharpened!

From someone who can't draw a straight line with a ruler, I have to say that I sure envy the talent you display doing those! If you aren't a professional artist, you should be!!!

LAST EDITED ON Dec-21-12 AT 06:58PM (MST)[p]LMAO! the longer I look at the cartoon pic the harder I laugh
"meet the guy who named him $10"

>LAST EDITED ON Dec-21-12
>AT 06:00?PM (MST)

>
> I did that cartoon last
>year after Mossback guided Denny
>to the that buck. I
>have my own opinions on
>gov type tags, but I'll
>let everyone else argue about
>it! I just read all
>the posts last year and
>got inspired! Come to think
>of it, I am getting
>a lot of good inspiration
>after this post too. Hope
>no one takes offense. It
>is strictly meant as a
>humorous jab at the whole
>situation. I'll get my pencil
>sharpened!

That pic is freakin awesome! I want to send a request out....... Please do one about this one. Haha

regardless.........I would hate to get in a biting contest with that Brownlee dude......

I knew a dude who had white teeth like that. He had most of his front teeth knocked out on a drilling rig when a piece of equipment spun around and hit him in the mouth. He had studs implanted and fake teeth attached to the studs. I asked him if they glowed in the dark. He said it sucked having them that white, but it was better than dentures...

Holy smokes what a bunch of jealous babies. i think a bunch of you need to do some more hunting instead of posting. What a total joke to get this amped up over a dandy deer. i would be proud of that if i was guided or not, and im a guide. Please just go hunting some of you cause the "couch" is no substitute for experience.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom