unit 18 bucks??

N

nmelkandmuleys

im hunting 18 this year and i got the itch real bad today. hoping someone can post up some pics of some deer off this unit??

"Better to dwell in the wilderness, Then with a contentious and angry women Proverbs 21:19)

From what I understand is that the game and fish has cancelled the deer hunts in this unit due to the drought. They have started sending letters out.

does anyone know of this unit being closed?? i havent got a letter

"Better to dwell in the wilderness, Then with a contentious and angry women Proverbs 21:19)

Txlic - You should set the hook.

This is nearly in the same category as telling someone they drew out when they really didn't.

what are some of the average bucks i might be seeing in this unit. i have hunted it before but that was with my bow so i shot whatever i had a chance at. this year im hitting it with the rifle so ima hold out for something big this year. i will prolly take my bow along just in case. but yea anyways what are the scores on some of the bucks you have shot or just seen in this unit. thanks

Actually not a very good unit that's why there is always left over tags. Big bucks are smart and stay on the range. Better shoot the first thing you see.

i got a letter thats states no antelope hunting west of hwy54 in unit 18, i did do a little scouting in that unit a couple weeks back and it was very dry and no vegitation. they didnt have much moisture last year ither. usually a premium unit for trophy antelope.

i live just south of san antonio and the past week i have been seeing huge rainstorms out there. every day at about 5 oclock. hopefully it keeps it up.

huntnuttg there is alot of deer in there actually. this is just a unit you need to spend alot of time in and get to know it a bit. luckly i live in the south end so i know where there are a lot of deer, i just didnt know if there have ever been any decent buck killed here. i have never really been a trophy hunter so i aint really care till now. thos deer are in places you wouldn't excpect tho that for sure.

WHEN DID YOU GET THAT LETTER AND I GOT AN ANTELOPE TAG FOR THAT UNIT I HAVENT GOT NO LETTER AND I HOPE I DONT BEEN TRYING FOR 15 YRS TO DRAW THAT DAM TAG

Like any unit there are good animals there just have to shoot what what makes you happy. If you live close by, you know it's hot and glassing early is important. With time invested you should be alright.

aepadil,
Take a breath, it's ok. You should be able to find a goat. :)

--Bill

Head north of Bingham towards the Monte Prieto area. There are some big bucks in that country.

i recieved the letter monday the 25, the letter didnt give any reason why it just said no ant hunting west of 54 in unit 18, we still have 36-37 ive been seeing some nice goats in these units

was yours ranch assigned or any of those units mine is assighned and its west of 54 and havent gotten anything in the mail

Yes letters were sent to MI hunters and bowhunters who have to hunt state or blm land.They can still hunt GMU 36,37&38.
Those who drew ranch assigned tags for 18 will still be allowed
to hunt the ranch they were assigned.

one of my friends just went on a mobility hunt in 38 this past weekend with one of his friends that drew and they got a pretty nice one he said some of them you can see there there ribs not good

80611111201010amcopy.jpg

Heres A couple bucks my sis and dad tagged last year in 18. This year will probably be drier than last year. But, we found a good water hole and caught these guys going to it. My sis spotted the buck she got and dropped him with one shot, right after her buck dropped the bigger one my dad killed stepped out from behind some trees and my dad dropped him. It was nice they both died about 10 yards from each other. There was also another buck about the size of the smaller buck. The first day we saw 7 smaller bucks and on the second afternoon found these guys. We found water and the deer were around the area.

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom