Unit 36

G

Grizzly76

Any body have any info or a good place to start for deer in 36. Will be there this weekend. I have been there a couple times with no success.

Left AR @ 530 on Wed afternoon, drove all night and got here about 9 on Thurs. and started scouting. Scouted all day and never saw a deer for sure in this unit. Drove many roads, glassed lots of area and we walked 6 or 7 miles and found very few tracks or other sign. Gonna go out and spend all day tomorrow scouting as well. Talked with a local who was also out - his brother has tagged early on the first day the past two or three years and he went to same area and saw nothing, not even a track.
It is our first mule deer hunt so I have no idea where they are or where we need to try but we will keep looking.
We did see five bull elk today, that made the day very worthwhile.

My Dad got there this morning. Said he was headed out to do some scouting. What part of the unit were you in? Ill talk to him tonite and see what he seen and let ya know.

Saw this guy hanging out in town in 36 a few weeks ago. Not going to do you much good though.

deer.jpg

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom